Tales of Sylvanna: A Moment in Time - Discussion Thread

Forum dedicated to "Sylvanna" by BumbleKing and Gloryhound Productions

Tales of Sylvanna: A Moment in Time - Discussion Thread

Postby Illustrious Q » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:53 am

Today's the day folks! Sylvanna has officially launch! You can find them here.

Enjoy!
User avatar
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 7989
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:33 am
Location: The Land of the Q

Re: Tales of Sylvanna: A Moment in Time - Discussion Thread

Postby Chordsy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:02 am

Best comic I've read all day. Everyone who worked on it should get a raise. Well done.

Wait, I might be biased... :)

Seriously, a blast working with you so far on this one, Q. Onto the rest of the pages, for me!
User avatar
Chordsy
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:42 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Tales of Sylvanna: A Moment in Time - Discussion Thread

Postby FritzyBeat » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:06 am

Super excited to finally read some Sylvanna pages! =D The story in this short looks to be setting itself up nicely, can't wait for more! :mrgreen:
User avatar
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3027
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Up in the cold cloudy night sky~

Re: Tales of Sylvanna: A Moment in Time - Discussion Thread

Postby Sunwalker » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 am

@Illustrious Q: How it was working with Dawn and Ian? :D
User avatar
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Tales of Sylvanna: A Moment in Time - Discussion Thread

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:11 am

This is both awesome and confusing. Clearly somethings up with Time and I'm loving the Mystery of exactly what that could be. I think it's not exactly the best introduction to the world of Slyvanna since this story seems to take place a little later into the main story.

But either way I enjoyed it and Q/Tom I for one hope Kaminski gives you an Archie job in the near-future.
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Re: Tales of Sylvanna: A Moment in Time - Discussion Thread

Postby Illustrious Q » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:15 am

Thanks Dawn! Looking forward to seeing the remaining three pages. :D

By the way, baby Ala is the cutest thing ever. ;)

Sunwalker wrote:@Illustrious Q: How it was working with Dawn and Ian? :D


I worked with fan favorite Sonic artist Dawn Best and current Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Writer Ian Flynn!?

And here I thought I was working with Dubs the whole time, on account of how much fun working on this has been. XD

Jokes aside, it was a hoot working with Dawn and Ian on this story, and I seriously hope to have the honor once again in the future.

That is, of course, assuming that I don't end up thrown out of Bumbleking once the rest of the story is out. :P

And I thank everyone for their kind words so far. I'm really looking forward to hearing what everyone else has to say about it.

Especially next week once everyone sees the [redacted] and Xixa [redacted] leading to [redacted]!
User avatar
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 7989
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:33 am
Location: The Land of the Q

Re: Tales of Sylvanna: A Moment in Time - Discussion Thread

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:24 am

Will this be printed in the Book 1 collection or is this online only?
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Re: Tales of Sylvanna: A Moment in Time - Discussion Thread

Postby ShadowBat20 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:02 am

Very nice. Interested to see what's up. Great job so far everyone! :)
User avatar
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2948
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Tales of Sylvanna: A Moment in Time - Discussion Thread

Postby SurrealBrain » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:05 am

I like the story, but it feels like I skipped a few or so pages. This timeline isn't right? Wait, what now? Not necessarily complaining about the line itself, but the fact that we don't have any context for it at the moment. We might get it later, though. Besides, you're all doing a good job so far.
User avatar
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Tales of Sylvanna: A Moment in Time - Discussion Thread

Postby Dejimon11 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:58 am

look good so far nice going guys
User avatar
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Tales of Sylvanna: A Moment in Time - Discussion Thread

Postby Sunwalker » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:24 pm

SurrealBrain wrote:I like the story, but it feels like I skipped a few or so pages. This timeline isn't right? Wait, what now? Not necessarily complaining about the line itself, but the fact that we don't have any context for it at the moment. We might get it later, though. Besides, you're all doing a good job so far.

The bats and the avians are enemies, however all of a sudden they are getting along together. Xixa is the Guardian of Time and she has knowledge about what happened/happens/will happen in the past, present and future, so she knew that something is wrong. However it is needed to read the characters and story pages in the site to get it which, if you ask me, is a clever way to get people to read those infos ;).
User avatar
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Tales of Sylvanna: A Moment in Time - Discussion Thread

Postby SurrealBrain » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:32 pm

Sunwalker wrote:
SurrealBrain wrote:I like the story, but it feels like I skipped a few or so pages. This timeline isn't right? Wait, what now? Not necessarily complaining about the line itself, but the fact that we don't have any context for it at the moment. We might get it later, though. Besides, you're all doing a good job so far.

The bats and the avians are enemies, however all of a sudden they are getting along together. Xixa is the Guardian of Time and she has knowledge about what happened/happens/will happen in the past, present and future, so she knew that something is wrong. However it is needed to read the characters and story pages in the site to get it which, if you ask me, is a clever way to get people to read those infos ;).

Well, that makes it a little better (I didn't know that), but the fact that it's All There in the Manual (or character pages and such, in this case) and not in the actual comic is, in my opinion, a bit of a problem in, and of itself, since there are people who won't even think to read those (as you can see, that seems to have include myself). But again, at least we have a means to get some context. I still hope the next three pages end with something like "Let me tell you how things were before." You're free to disagree with me, of course.
User avatar
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Tales of Sylvanna: A Moment in Time - Discussion Thread

Postby Sunwalker » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:02 pm

SurrealBrain wrote:Well, that makes it a little better (I didn't know that), but the fact that it's All There in the Manual (or character pages and such, in this case) and not in the actual comic is, in my opinion, a bit of a problem in, and of itself, since there are people who won't even think to read those (as you can see, that seems to have include myself). But again, at least we have a means to get some context. I still hope the next three pages end with something like "Let me tell you how things were before." You're free to disagree with me, of course.

I understand your feeling. I remembered about the bats/avians enmity, but I had to read Xixa's profile and re-read the comic until I got the context.
User avatar
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Tales of Sylvanna: A Moment in Time - Discussion Thread

Postby Chordsy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:02 pm

Apologies if the story at this point seems a little confusing. Hopefully by the end of the next one, you'll "get it" in how it wraps up, which I think Q handled beautifully. But if not, totally blame me for pushing this one ahead of the first chapter of the main storyline, in which you will get the backstory explained on the first 2 pages. :)

Dawn
User avatar
Chordsy
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:42 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Tales of Sylvanna: A Moment in Time - Discussion Thread

Postby AnimeCwboy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:30 pm

Good setup, I like where this looks to be going.

Quick question: What are some ways we can keep up with updates? There is the newsletter, but I don't necessarily wanna fill up my inbox too much. RSS feed(preferred) or Twitter/Facebook maybe?
User avatar
AnimeCwboy
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:05 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Next

Return to In Search of Shards - Sylvanna



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron