The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby Modochi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:45 am

The Shadow Emperor wrote:Apologies for the double post, but I didn't want to let this nice thread die. :P

A question just hit me earlier today, but it might have been discussed before...or not, who knows. Anyway: we all know what happens when you try to roboticize something that's already mechanical...so what happens when you try to deroboticize something that's already organic? Any ideas?

A few choices ot pick from here.

1: Your poor victim becomes a walking tumor with extra cancer cells on the side.

2: You get a case of Ludicrous Gibs/Meat fountain.

3: You get the extra crispy recipe out of it.

4: Nothing happens.
Modochi
BumbleCitizen

Postby Modochi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:50 am

Okay, from a leadership point of view, can anyone explain to me why Sally decided to let Eggman go free in issue 177 despite him having just blown up Knothole and attempted to kill off every mobian Sniverly and he had captured mere hours before his defeat.
Modochi
BumbleCitizen

Postby Diablo » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:04 am

Modochi wrote:Okay, from a leadership point of view, can anyone explain to me why Sally decided to let Eggman go free in issue 177 despite him having just blown up Knothole and attempted to kill off every mobian Sniverly and he had captured mere hours before his defeat.

Heroic Naivness / Dumbness/ The plot demanded it.
Take your pick.
Diablo
BumbleNoble

Postby CaleTheCat » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:46 am

Modochi wrote:Okay, from a leadership point of view, can anyone explain to me why Sally decided to let Eggman go free in issue 177 despite him having just blown up Knothole and attempted to kill off every mobian Sniverly and he had captured mere hours before his defeat.

Everything what Diablo said. Also, Egg Fleet was right there close to them. While NICOLE did protect New Mobotropolis, Freedom Fighters and Chaotix(and also Eggman) from Egg Fleet's attack, EF would have still stayed there and continued their attack. It would have made situtation more tense it was already(House of Cards, remember?).

...Or that's my explanation, at least...
CaleTheCat
BumbleClan

Postby Mobotropolis » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:32 am

Okay, from a leadership point of view, can anyone explain to me why Sally decided to let Eggman go free in issue 177 despite him having just blown up Knothole and attempted to kill off every mobian Snively and he had captured mere hours before his defeat.

For the same reason they let Eggman and Snively go during 200.

The Freedom Fighters seem to be prone to tossing the Idiot Ball around. Sonic was able to make a special trip and go out of his way to make sure Scourge got put back in jail for peanuts compared to what Eggman has done, but he couldn't load him and his little weasel nephew up in the armored truck they brought along.

Incidentally them letting Snively go came back to bite them immediately.
Letting Eggman go is haunting him at this very moment and nearly caused the end of this reality.
Then there's Scourge who was given a justifiable reason to hate him and will likely come for his turn later.

So yeah. Totally not using their best judgement.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Modochi » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:46 pm

CaleTheCat wrote:

Everything what Diablo said. Also, Egg Fleet was right there close to them. While NICOLE did protect New Mobotropolis, Freedom Fighters and Chaotix(and also Eggman) from Egg Fleet's attack, EF would have still stayed there and continued their attack. It would have made situtation more tense it was already(House of Cards, remember?).

I doubt that's a valid point.

Backstabbing expert Sniverly was in charge of the Egg Fleet, seeing Eggman getting jailed would have resulted in him running off with the fleet to claim the empire as his own.

Mobotropolis wrote:
Okay, from a leadership point of view, can anyone explain to me why Sally decided to let Eggman go free in issue 177 despite him having just blown up Knothole and attempted to kill off every mobian Snively and he had captured mere hours before his defeat.

For the same reason they let Eggman and Snively go during 200.

The Freedom Fighters seem to be prone to tossing the Idiot Ball around. Sonic was able to make a special trip and go out of his way to make sure Scourge got put back in jail for peanuts compared to what Eggman has done, but he couldn't load him and his little weasel nephew up in the armored truck they brought along.

Incidentally them letting Snively go came back to bite them immediately.
Letting Eggman go is haunting him at this very moment and nearly caused the end of this reality.
Then there's Scourge who was given a justifiable reason to hate him and will likely come for his turn later.

So yeah. Totally not using their best judgement.

Now that's an explantion I'll buy.

The FF's really need to learn not to trust or show mercy to their enemies.
Modochi
BumbleCitizen

Postby Modochi » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:27 pm

New Question.

Would it be possible for someone with enough magical knownledge or tech to create an artificial Chaos Emerald like Tails did in Sonic Adventure 2?
Modochi
BumbleCitizen

Postby CaleTheCat » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Modochi wrote:
CaleTheCat wrote:

Backstabbing expert Sniverly was in charge of the Egg Fleet, seeing Eggman getting jailed would have resulted in him running off with the fleet to claim the empire as his own.

Well... While that's possible, there's also this possibilitiy that Eggman has programmed Egg Fleet to attack Snively, if he attempts to take over empire(like in Free Comic Book Day -07, remember?). Also, I doubt Snively could have taken empire alone. He would have take it over after he had someone strong supporter with him. And... I also think Snively is so mentally scarred that he needs someone strong around him to feel being safe. Even if it's Eggman.

Modochi wrote:
CaleTheCat wrote:

Modochi wrote:The FF's really need to learn not to trust or show mercy to their enemies.

And to lower themselves to same level as Eggman? I really doubt it...

Also, trusting and having mercy IS pretty much what Sonic is about. If Sonic wouldn't trust or give mercy, he would be like Scourge. And we know Sonic will never become like Scourge.

Modochi wrote:New Question.

Would it be possible for someone with enough magical knownledge or tech to create an artificial Chaos Emerald like Tails did in Sonic Adventure 2?

I would say it's very possible.
CaleTheCat
BumbleClan

Postby Dejimon11 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:06 pm

She was returning the favor. Since eggman defeated sonic in 175(the idiot) he let sonic go. Since the freedom fighters and the chaotix defeated eggman in 177 they decided to let him go. Plus even if they had capture him eggman would of found someway to escape.

Heres a question why didnt eggman end it in issue 234 he could of won
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby Mobotropolis » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:12 pm

She was returning the favor. Since eggman defeated sonic in 175(the idiot) he let sonic go.

He let Sonic go so he could suffer knowing that he failed and everyone he loved was dead. Like a " there's a fate worse then death " thing.

The Freedom Fighters are kind of anti-suffering.

Heres a question why didnt eggman end it in issue 234 he could of won

He set out to kill someone. He didn't really care who. When he thought he did he packed it in.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby MetaL Overlord » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:05 pm

It's the impenetrable Plotarmor.
Another good question is : Why did Robotnik send a SWATbot Squadron after The Plane , that was on course to the Devil's Gulag with Sonic as it's Main Prisoner?
MetaL Overlord
BumbleNoble

Postby Dejimon11 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:00 pm

MetaL Overlord wrote:It's the impenetrable Plotarmor.
Another good question is : Why did Robotnik send a SWATbot Squadron after The Plane , that was on course to the Devil's Gulag with Sonic as it's Main Prisoner?

What better why to deal with your enemy once and for all than to kill them? Well that was what Robotnik was thinking
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby Dimzjak » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:29 pm

-
Last edited by Dimzjak on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dimzjak
BumbleNoble

Postby squeakyboots13 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:48 pm

Dimzjak wrote:Who does Tails live with?
The question of who Tails presently lives with has come up several times. Did Tails move in with his parents when they returned to Mobius, or does Tails still live with Sonic's parents?

Tails probably started living with his parents after the destruction of Knothole.

Dimzjak wrote:Why was Finitevus spying on Sonic's birthday party?
Did he want cake?

Perhaps he sensed that Scourge was up to some funny business with the Master Emerald and followed him? That would be my guess.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:08 pm

Dimzjak wrote:Did the Fire-Ant Council die?
Did the Fire-Ant Council die during RTAI? Is the general fire-ant population still around? If so, why didn't they join the battle during RTAI?

They were seen in the Egg Grapes, so yeah, they're dead. As for whether the rest of the Fire Ants are still alive, that very question was left unanswered in the Encyclopedia itself.

Dimzjak wrote:Why did Dimitri take so long to turn into Enerjak?
The real answer to this question is that Ken Penders hadn't invented the concept of Enerjak at the time he introduced the character of Dimitri, but the in-world answer has been bugging me for a while. When Dimitri uses the Chaos Syphon and absorbs the Chaos Emeralds, he gains something akin to a Chaos form, but does not appear to be Enerjak at that point. When Dimitri emerges from the rubble of his tower hundreds of years later, he is Enerjak. Why didn't he turn into Enerjak immediately, and what caused him to transform after he had already been defeated? The fact that Dimitri hadn't become Enerjak until some point after his defeat but before his re-emergence is also supported by the fact that Kragok had no idea who Enerjak was.

The Encyclopedia mentioned that Dimitri didn't rise from his prison until he was a "fully realized Enerjak". Also, remember how the old blogs covered the history of Dark Mobius? Knuckles was Chaos Knuckles for a pretty long amount of time before the Enerjak spirit finally took hold, so I think it's a fair assumption that the spirit takes a while before it fully takes over and manifests itself.

Dimzjak wrote:How did Dimitri know about the Guardian lineage, yet seem unaware of the Dark Legion's existence?
Dimitri, in traditional supervillain fashion, schools Knuckles on the history of Echidnaopolis and the Guardian lineage during the Knuckles Miniseries. Yet, if Dimitri was unaware of the Dark Legion, how did he know about the Guardian history?

If I remember correctly, Dimitri didn't know the true history of the Guardians per se, but he was intelligent enough to surmise that Edmund would've been wracked with guilt over his "death" and began a lineage to protect the Chaos Emerald.

Dimzjak wrote:Why didn't Remington regain his childhood memories when Enerjak restored his body?
Ian once stated that Remington in his current state knows about his Legion heritage, but doesn't remember it. Shouldn't he have regained his childhood memories when Knucklejak restored his mind back to normal during "Enerjak Reborn"?

Knucklejak restored Remington to the state he was before he became Grandmaster, meaning he forgot about many of the things Finitevus told him about his heritage.

Dimzjak wrote:Why didn't Benedict activate Remington's memory neutralizing chip?
This hadn't crossed my mind the first time I read KTE, because I had thought that Remington was probably given up for adoption before his egg hatched, and thus never received a memory neutralizing chip to begin with. Now that we know this isn't the case, it brings up the question of why the Dark Legion didn't use Remington's memory neutralizing chip to their advantage. Why didn't they mind-wipe him and have him abducted back into the Dark Legion?

A better question is how Benedict knew Remington was the son of Kragok to begin with when Remington and Kragok themselves didn't even know? As for the memory chip thing, I believe the concept wasn't even introduced until Ken wrote Julie-Su's backstory in a later Super Special.

Dimzjak wrote:Why did Finitevus hire Rouge?
A cursory look into Rouge's history would have revealed her ties to the government. Casual probing into her personality would have revealed her policy of not killing others no matter what. Why did Finitevus decide to take Rouge along on a sensitive mission wherein he planned to kill thousands? If he already knew, and lied to her about his intent to use the missiles in order to get her to go along with the plan, why bother to bring her at all? Surely the risk of her compromising the situation would have been outweighed by whatever benefits she could have brought to the mission. What was his purpose in hiring Rouge, and why was he so sloppy about who he trusted at the time?

It could be that since she was hanging around with someone like Scourge Finitevus just assumed she was a soulless villain like him. Obviously, he thought wrong.
The Shadow Emperor

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius