The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Amy.

Postby Modochi » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Dejimon11 wrote:maybe in the next issue of sonic universe but keep in mind that they said that last year and things can change


Maybe...

Mobotropolis wrote:Plans Change.

They did give us a little more information in the encyclopedia, however.


But not the kind of info we were promised in the story arc.

The Coolness wrote:^Blandest.
thread.
ever.


Yeah well, they can't all be the coolest thing ever.

I haven’t been here in over a month, so I had zero idea the general questions thread existed.

Milox wrote:There is a certain thing going on in Mercia right about now.

Coincidentally, I'm sure, there is also what appears some red tape concerning what is going on in Mercia. Said alleged red tape involves characters who may or may not but probably are related to Amy. I wonder if it is at all related...


Time will tell I guess...
Modochi
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Right here.

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby Speedlion » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:16 am

Modochi wrote:Yeah well, they can't all be the coolest thing ever.

I haven’t been here in over a month, so I had zero idea the general questions thread existed.


Except it's probably only around for a little more than a week now...

I don't blame you though ;)

And I have to disagree with Retro (The Coolness)... There have been much, much blander threads... you would be surprised...
User avatar
Speedlion
Honorary BumbleCult
 
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:24 pm
Location: Katwijk aan Zee - The Netherlands

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:02 am

Re: Charmy's voice

His voice could be the same. Being a bee and all, I could see it fitting, even at an older age.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
User avatar
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite
 
Posts: 10987
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:19 pm
Location: Balloon Fight Arena

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:06 am

TheFatPanda wrote:Aren't we actually in the 3rd Robotnik War now?

When Sonic beat Eggman in #200, everyone was saying that it was the end of the war (in this case, the second Robotnik war). And now even though Eggman had been on hiatus for a few issues afterward, I haven't seen any official material stating that this is the third war.

I would've thought Eggmans return with the Death Egg after previously being thought to be completely out of action marked the beginning of the third war.

Nope, they're still fighting the second robotnik, so it's still the Second Robotnik war.

Ian said he wouldn't make Eggman defeats count as the end of various wars.
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Amy.

Postby The Coolness » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:55 am

Modochi wrote:
The Coolness wrote:^Blandest.
thread.
ever.


Yeah well, they can't all be the coolest thing ever.

I haven’t been here in over a month, so I had zero idea the general questions thread existed.



Public apology:
I would like to say that I did not mean anything negative on your posting habits, as I didn't know a general questions thread existed either. :|

I would like to clarify that it was a comment that the topic was 1 word long, the thread[Amy] had 3 post in it, no one in had avatars(at the time, if memory serves.), and all of the posts were 1 sentence long. I found that so bland it was silly, so I pointed it out. I was not "calling judgement on your post"(Passive-aggressive quotations not aimed at you.)

Although, it appeared to be accusatory to you, it was not funny, and it was spam so sorry. My bad. :(

Now that I posted that spam, carry on. I'mma go sit in the corner, and think about what I have done
User avatar
The Coolness
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3698
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:18 pm
Location: Not here

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby Astrobot7000 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:21 pm

I actually have a Sega-Sonic related question. So, in the Sega universe, Mobius has always been Earth. It was aparently changed during the westernization, but the idea was always for the planet to be Earth. That raises the question as to where the mobians come from? I'm going to say Mobians here, even though in the Sega canon the term is not accurate, but I do not want to say anthropomorphic animals.

Humans are clearly the dominant species on the planet, as shown since the first Sonic Adventure. Are the Mobians a small subsect of animals, or what? There are hardly any of them around except for a few main characters. Are there small pockets of mobians around living in secret in the forests? Are they actually transported from another world like Sonix X?

Has any word ever been given? I have always wondered this.
User avatar
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:20 pm

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby Toby Barrett » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Bugs Bunny rule.
Toby Barrett
 

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:I actually have a Sega-Sonic related question. So, in the Sega universe, Mobius has always been Earth. It was aparently changed during the westernization, but the idea was always for the planet to be Earth. That raises the question as to where the mobians come from? I'm going to say Mobians here, even though in the Sega canon the term is not accurate, but I do not want to say anthropomorphic animals.

Humans are clearly the dominant species on the planet, as shown since the first Sonic Adventure. Are the Mobians a small subsect of animals, or what? There are hardly any of them around except for a few main characters. Are there small pockets of mobians around living in secret in the forests? Are they actually transported from another world like Sonix X?

Has any word ever been given? I have always wondered this.

Nothing concrete that I've heard of. Also factor in that when you speak to any humans in the games, they're never weirded out by the mobians.

"Three-foot tall, cyclopean hedgehog in go-go boots? Sure, I'll confess to her I have a crush on a guy!"

So that suggests mobians are common enough to the humans. I'd say it's something like Middle-Earth, or the Star Trek/Wars universes - a variety of sentient species that co-exist.

Spoiler: show
This is, of course, rationalizing more than there needs to be. We only see Sonic & Co. because they are the game characters, and we see so many humans since they're cheap and easy to design in bulk.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing
 
Posts: 5837
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby Meliden » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:35 pm

It actually changes from game to game. Sometimes the 3 foot tall hedgehog walking down the street is completely normal to them, other times the concept of a talking animal freaks them out big time.
User avatar
Meliden
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6019
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: ベクエス

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:42 pm

So the Dark Mobius Freedom Fighters are literally possible future versions of the characters in question right?

If they are the same, I'd like to know why they all changed they're names...

As for the personality shift, characters like Dagger I can understand, since a war of that magnitude can change people, but what about Demo Duck? If I'm correct in assuming he's a future Bean, then why is he more lucid than his past self? Surely the war didn't "make him more serious", heck, I would've thought the war would've just made him crazier.
And how did Scarlette become derobotisized?

Meliden wrote:It actually changes from game to game. Sometimes the 3 foot tall hedgehog walking down the street is completely normal to them, other times the concept of a talking animal freaks them out big time.


Maybe it varies by region. In some places (i.e. Station Square) anthros are more common, while completely foreign in others places.
User avatar
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 10343
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:24 pm
Location: The one with the tea and crumpets

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby Meliden » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:If they are the same, I'd like to know why they all changed they're names...


Maybe they're all trying to stay undercover, to protect loved ones and whatnot.


As for the personality shift, characters like Dagger I can understand, since a war of that magnitude can change people, but what about Demo Duck? If I'm correct in assuming he's a future Bean, then why is he more lucid than his past self? Surely the war didn't "make him more serious", heck, I would've thought the war would've just made him crazier.
And how did Scarlette become derobotisized?


I don't know about Demo, but Scarlette could be a future where Bunnie wasn't reverted back to cyborg following Naugus' magic bout.
User avatar
Meliden
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6019
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: ベクエス

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby CaleTheCat » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:24 pm

Meliden wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:If they are the same, I'd like to know why they all changed they're names...


Maybe they're all trying to stay undercover, to protect loved ones and whatnot.


Protect from what? They were THE only ones who were against Knuxjak... Who pretty much already owned the planet. Dark Mobius Freedom Fighters were there just for his entertainment.

Meliden wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:As for the personality shift, characters like Dagger I can understand, since a war of that magnitude can change people, but what about Demo Duck? If I'm correct in assuming he's a future Bean, then why is he more lucid than his past self? Surely the war didn't "make him more serious", heck, I would've thought the war would've just made him crazier.
And how did Scarlette become derobotisized?


I don't know about Demo, but Scarlette could be a future where Bunnie wasn't reverted back to cyborg following Naugus' magic bout.


You know, I've always thought them as some original characters. When you watch that scene where Knuxjak releases his prelate-army, you can see Prelate-Bean attacking Silver.
User avatar
CaleTheCat
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2878
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:30 pm
Location: Finland

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby SkateTroe » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:27 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:So the Dark Mobius Freedom Fighters are literally possible future versions of the characters in question right?

If they are the same, I'd like to know why they all changed they're names...

As for the personality shift, characters like Dagger I can understand, since a war of that magnitude can change people, but what about Demo Duck? If I'm correct in assuming he's a future Bean, then why is he more lucid than his past self? Surely the war didn't "make him more serious", heck, I would've thought the war would've just made him crazier.
And how did Scarlette become derobotisized?


Keep in mind it's the future: That is, the leader is Lara-su. That means Dagger would technically be Jaque and Scarlette is Belle. So I guess both had to be derobotisized somehow, but since it's the future, which hasn't been explored a ton (as it probably should be) it's not hard to imagine something happened to cause that.

As for Demo Duck, if anything, he would be Bean's son *shudders at the thought of Bean procreating...* Maybe crazy skips a generation?

All-in-all, even if there are similar characters present, it's still a different dimension, so any number of things could still be different between Mobius Prime and Dark Mobius.
User avatar
SkateTroe
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby Meliden » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:38 pm

CaleTheCat wrote:You know, I've always thought them as some original characters. When you watch that scene where Knuxjak releases his prelate-army, you can see Prelate-Bean attacking Silver.


That's because the rest of the Dark Mobius FFs had been killed by Enerjak before that happened. They were fair game.

SkateTroe wrote:Keep in mind it's the future: That is, the leader is Lara-su. That means Dagger would technically be Jaque and Scarlette is Belle. So I guess both had to be derobotisized somehow, but since it's the future, which hasn't been explored a ton (as it probably should be) it's not hard to imagine something happened to cause that.

As for Demo Duck, if anything, he would be Bean's son *shudders at the thought of Bean procreating...* Maybe crazy skips a generation?

All-in-all, even if there are similar characters present, it's still a different dimension, so any number of things could still be different between Mobius Prime and Dark Mobius.


It's been confirmed that they were the future versions of the now-teens, so Scarlette is Bunnie, Demo is Bean, Payback is Fiona etc.
User avatar
Meliden
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6019
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: ベクエス

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby Astrobot7000 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:57 am

Ian Flynn wrote:
Astrobot7000 wrote:I actually have a Sega-Sonic related question. So, in the Sega universe, Mobius has always been Earth. It was aparently changed during the westernization, but the idea was always for the planet to be Earth. That raises the question as to where the mobians come from? I'm going to say Mobians here, even though in the Sega canon the term is not accurate, but I do not want to say anthropomorphic animals.

Humans are clearly the dominant species on the planet, as shown since the first Sonic Adventure. Are the Mobians a small subsect of animals, or what? There are hardly any of them around except for a few main characters. Are there small pockets of mobians around living in secret in the forests? Are they actually transported from another world like Sonix X?

Has any word ever been given? I have always wondered this.

Nothing concrete that I've heard of. Also factor in that when you speak to any humans in the games, they're never weirded out by the mobians.

"Three-foot tall, cyclopean hedgehog in go-go boots? Sure, I'll confess to her I have a crush on a guy!"

So that suggests mobians are common enough to the humans. I'd say it's something like Middle-Earth, or the Star Trek/Wars universes - a variety of sentient species that co-exist.

Spoiler: show
This is, of course, rationalizing more than there needs to be. We only see Sonic & Co. because they are the game characters, and we see so many humans since they're cheap and easy to design in bulk.


I agree, but it is odd never seeing another mobian who isn't one of the main characters. I remember playing Sonic Chronicles and hoping I would run into some mobian NPC's or something. It just seems bizarre to me that there is no explanation whatsoever, especially when you consider mobinis as well.

So the Sega canon has humans as the dominant species, followed by mobians which seem to be much rarer but not totally uncommon, mobinins, and then regular animals. Although the last two seem to be interchangeable depending on the game.

It's just pretty odd if you actually think about it. But then again, what isn't odd about the concept of Sonic anyway? I understand it is just a cartoon and I shouldn't be bothered by it, but I think it is fun to consider the implications.
User avatar
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron