The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby Meliden » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:55 pm

squeakyboots13 wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:I wonder: what music did they play when the original balloon was featured in the 1993 parade?

Whatever this is I guess.

According to the comments, it's the title screen music of Sonic Spinball.

Makes sense since that came out on the Mega Drive that year...but I haven't played enough of Spinball to personally vouch for it. Hate that game.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Mobotropolis » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Yep. That's Sonic Spinball's theme.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Dejimon11 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:14 pm

how many balive(if thats the clams name) cameos can you guys spot?
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:16 pm

The name is Bivalve. Because that's the name of the taxonomic class.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Meliden wrote:
squeakyboots13 wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:I wonder: what music did they play when the original balloon was featured in the 1993 parade?

Whatever this is I guess.

According to the comments, it's the title screen music of Sonic Spinball.

Makes sense since that came out on the Mega Drive that year...but I haven't played enough of Spinball to personally vouch for it. Hate that game.

Mobotropolis wrote:Yep. That's Sonic Spinball's theme.

I've never listened to the Sonic Spinball title screen for more than three seconds, so I guess that would explain why I didn't recognize it.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:11 pm

I've never listened to the Sonic Spinball title screen for more than three seconds, so I guess that would explain why I didn't recognize it.

soudns like a remix with different instruments

Someone else's question from another thread: How come the Master Emerald, which is 12 chaos emeralds smashed together, is weaker than the Green Chaos emerald, which is every Mobian Emerald smashed together?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Striker » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:

Someone else's question from another thread: How come the Master Emerald, which is 12 chaos emeralds smashed together, is weaker than the Green Chaos emerald, which is every Mobian Emerald smashed together?

The answer is in the question. The master emerald is weaker because it is 12 emeralds together while the green emerald is every other emerald.
Striker
BumbleClan

Postby Scruffy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:18 pm

Striker the Hedgehog wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

The answer is in the question. The master emerald is weaker because it is 12 emeralds together while the green emerald is every other emerald.

I'm not entirely sure that the Master Emerald is weaker. Don't forget that Sonic was able to use it to activate his Super transformation during Enerjak Reborn.
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby Mustachio » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Most likely the Archie guys are treating the Master Emerald and Chaos Emeralds relation and comparison of their power the same as the games does. In the games 1 Master Emerald equals all 7 Chaos Emeralds. The Master Emerald can trigger a Super Form on its own which takes all seven of the Chaos Emeralds. The Master Emerald also has the power to drain the Chaos Emeralds of their power or enhance their power into the greater Super Emeralds.

In the comics this seems like more of a conundrum as the individual Chaos Emeralds were created from thousands or millions of Chaos Emeralds while the Master Emerald was created from 12. But keep in mind that Feist didn't just combine the emeralds, he actually reshaped them and recreated them entirely, using the already existing emeralds as raw material.
Mustachio
BumbleClan

Postby Scruffy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:33 am

Mustachio wrote:The Master Emerald also has the power to drain the Chaos Emeralds of their power or enhance their power into the greater Super Emeralds.

Did anyone actually do this in the games, other than Mecha Sonic in Sonic (3) & Knuckles?
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby Daisetsu » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:58 am

As far as I remember, the bot's the only one.

Mobotropolis wrote:Yep. That's Sonic Spinball's theme.

More specifically, it's this version.
Daisetsu
BumbleNoble

Postby Peircefer » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:25 am

Scruffy wrote:
Mustachio wrote:The Master Emerald also has the power to drain the Chaos Emeralds of their power or enhance their power into the greater Super Emeralds.

Did anyone actually do this in the games, other than Mecha Sonic in Sonic (3) & Knuckles?

Mecha Sonic had nothing to do with either of those scenarios, but yes, in S3&K, the ME enhanced their power. And then in SA2, the ME (after some chanting from Knuckles) drained their power, so the Ark couldn't use them.
Peircefer
BumbleClan

Amy.

Postby Modochi » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't we told we'd get a comic story focused on Amy's background story this year.
Modochi
BumbleCitizen

Re: Amy.

Postby Dejimon11 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:03 pm

maybe in the next issue of sonic universe but keep in mind that they said that last year and things can change
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Re: Amy.

Postby Mobotropolis » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:25 pm

Plans Change.

They did give us a little more information in the encyclopedia, however.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius