The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby TheFatPanda » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:40 pm

My reason for making this topic is a simple one: I often find myself having a query about anything in the Sonic world, but never do I consider it significant enough to make a whole topic about it. So this is where this thread comes in to save the day. Do you have questions that really don't warrant a topic? Post it here, answer, and discuss.

I'll begin by asking this: the main story of #115, I've never really been able to figure out if the story was actually canon. Did this completely quacked-up day in which Sonic found a Genie at the bottom of a lake really happen, or was it just another one of the pointless, non-plot-moving stories that that...era of the comics, where so infamous for?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby DanTheValencia » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:58 pm

It was certainly pointless, but I don't see why it couldn't be canonical. I'd say it's canon, but yes, it didn't contribute much.
DanTheValencia
BumbleFan

Postby Spin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:13 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:I'll begin by asking this: the main story of #115, I've never really been able to figure out if the story was actually canon.

Sadly yes. I recall somewhere Ian saying the story is indeed canon.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Striker » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:28 pm

What issue was the sonic shuffle adaptation in and was it canon cause it mentioned some of the Archie cast by name.
Striker
BumbleClan

Postby The Shadow Sage » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Striker the Hedgehog wrote:What issue was the sonic shuffle adaptation in and was it canon cause it mentioned some of the Archie cast by name.

It's in issue 92...not completely sure if it is canon though.

My question is, Is Megapolis either Old Megaopolis or New Megaopolis the same city, or is Megapolis completely different? Megapolis isn't on the world map in the encyclopedia if i recall correctly, so i'm not sure if it's one of the two just before they started spelling the names of the city consistently finally.
The Shadow Sage
BumbleFan

Postby squeakyboots13 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:19 am

Wasn't the entirety of Sonic Shuffle a dream? Don't see why it couldn't be canon if that's the case.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby FritzyBeat » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:50 am

squeakyboots13 wrote:
The Shadow Sage wrote:
Striker the Hedgehog wrote:What issue was the sonic shuffle adaptation in and was it canon cause it mentioned some of the Archie cast by name.

It's in issue 92...not completely sure if it is canon though.

Wasn't the entirety of Sonic Shuffle a dream? Don't see why it couldn't be canon if that's the case.

Sonic Shuffle, the "Lost" sonic arc.

The Shadow Sage wrote:My question is, Is Megapolis either Old Megaopolis or New Megaopolis the same city, or is Megapolis completely different? Megapolis isn't on the world map in the encyclopedia if i recall correctly, so i'm not sure if it's one of the two just before they started spelling the names of the city consistently finally.

I'm Pretty sure that was just a spelling error. There have only ever been a New Megaopolis and a Old Megaopolis. No Megapolis that I know of ever existed in the comic.
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Speedlion » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:35 am

Good topic, Panda... I myself have the same problem as you sometimes... I can't recall any of those questions, though, but when I recall something, I'll post it here... even if the topic is dead, seeing as Thread Necromancy doesn't really apply to this thread...
Speedlion
Honorary BumbleCult

Postby Scruffy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:08 am

I've got one that's a bit more recent to the comics... did Rotor switch to contact lenses? It seems like he ditched the glasses when he ditched the councilor uniform.
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:50 am

The fact that Lumina and Void are both in the Encyclopedia points to yes.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby CaleTheCat » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:56 am

Scruffy wrote:I've got one that's a bit more recent to the comics... did Rotor switch to contact lenses? It seems like he ditched the glasses when he ditched the councilor uniform.

Well, he did the same thing in #215... So I would say he really needs them when he's reading and building stuff. Or that's how I see it...
CaleTheCat
BumbleClan

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:08 am

CaleTheCat wrote:
Scruffy wrote:I've got one that's a bit more recent to the comics... did Rotor switch to contact lenses? It seems like he ditched the glasses when he ditched the councilor uniform.

Well, he did the same thing in #215... So I would say he really needs them when he's reading and building stuff. Or that's how I see it...

That's what I thought too.

Here's another: has it ever been confirmed how the Archie version of Sonic Riders played out? The two-part tie-in from a while back served as the intro, even though it had no resemblance to how the game's opening played out, with the end of the adaption telling readers to continue the story in the Sonic Riders game. Would it really have been possible for the events of the game to play out in the same way with that adaption as a starting point?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:38 am

Technically, Yes. But only in the fact that Maginaryworld is the land of dreams and Sonic had to really save it from void. It happened for real for Illumina

Here's another: has it ever been confirmed how the Archie version of Sonic Riders played out? The two-part tie-in from a while back served as the intro, even though it had no resemblance to how the game's opening played out, with the end of the adaption telling readers to continue the story in the Sonic Riders game. Would it really have been possible for the events of the game to play out in the same way with that adaption as a starting point?

Probably not. The "play the game to find out" is just something Archie has to put in to advertise th game.

Maybe they didn't even have a plot outline for the game at that point?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Scruffy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:08 pm

A lot of the stuff from the Sonic Riders game didn't come out in the comic until the Babylon Rising arc, so I'd say that the Triple Threat probably just sent the Rogues packing. I doubt they ended up having multiple races all over the place.
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Is Naugus' beard real

Postby redhedge47 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:29 pm

Okay you know what this is a stupid question I know but the more I see him the more that beard looks like its a straped on fake am I the only one who feels this way
redhedge47
BumbleCitizen

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius