Mobian Merchandising: Sonic the Hedgehog Toys, Books, & More

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Mobian Merchandising: Sonic the Hedgehog Toys, Books, &

Postby Meliden » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:58 pm

Sweet!

Also, for Americans;

This is now in stock. I think it's at TRU.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:01 pm

Hold the phone, is that a posable Classic Metal Sonic? That's new...

I'm actually becoming increasingly optimistic about that Classic Knuckles figure coming out since they seem to be making more figures from the classic line even now.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Meliden » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:03 pm

Looks like it, hence why it's mentioned on the box. What a cruel way to get people to rebuy after already giving a classic set with the other four figures.

Edit: It's not like the 4-pack was rare or unavailable in Europe; I managed to get it just fine, and there's still loads of stock of it in local stores.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:11 pm

That reminds me, I went looking around the websites for all the main UK toy store chains for that 4-pack, and I couldn't find a single trace of it on any of them. Weird...

Here's something else to bring up from my recent Toys R Us visit: the capsule mechines at the front of the store are now despincing Sonic magnets, or random stockart with a magnetic backing.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Meliden » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Seen them from other people, not seen one of those machines for myself though, yet.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:31 am

So U.S. is getting this first right!?! SWEET! I want it...NOW!!!
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:03 pm

I've been searching for some of the newer Sonic Free Riders figures, and the only one that has completely eluded me is Knuckles. I literally cannot find him anywhere, and the places that do have him require me to bid or pay a ridiculous price. Has anyone else had a hard time finding the figure? :?
The Shadow Emperor

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:06 am

The Shadow Emperor wrote:I've been searching for some of the newer Sonic Free Riders figures, and the only one that has completely eluded me is Knuckles. I literally cannot find him anywhere, and the places that do have him require me to bid or pay a ridiculous price. Has anyone else had a hard time finding the figure? :?

I'm not actually out to collect the figures-at least not at the moment *knock on wood*-but I have noticed that Knuckles' figures-and merchandise in general-seem to be fairly rare. I've thought to myself that I don't know whether to be glad or upset, because it either means that people are buying it up so fast that it can't be kept in stock, or Sega just isn't making that much of it.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:41 am

I stumbled across the classic box set yesterday. Classic Metal Sonic is awful. All of the figures in the set looked like they had rushed, inferior paint jobs, but Metal Sonic's was especially bad.

- the marks defining the interior of the torso were painted over/filled with flat yellow
    - the shoe joints were white
    - the nose was black
    - the main body was a flat blue rather than the metallic blue of the other versions Jazwares has put out

I was considering getting the box set just for the Classic Metal Sonic, but since every box in stock looked to about the same poor quality, I think I'll pass. At least until they issue a re-paint.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby diamonddeath » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:03 am

Does anyone know what happened to the planned second set of classic Sonic statues by First4Figures? I'm talking anout the smaller ones that went for about $15 each. The first set was Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:I stumbled across the classic box set yesterday. Classic Metal Sonic is awful. All of the figures in the set looked like they had rushed, inferior paint jobs, but Metal Sonic's was especially bad.

- the marks defining the interior of the torso were painted over/filled with flat yellow
    - the shoe joints were white
    - the nose was black
    - the main body was a flat blue rather than the metallic blue of the other versions Jazwares has put out

I was considering getting the box set just for the Classic Metal Sonic, but since every box in stock looked to about the same poor quality, I think I'll pass. At least until they issue a re-paint.

Wow, that's pretty out of character for Jazwares. Even more so considering the other Metal Sonics they've done have been perfect. This lapse in quality is kinda worrying, hope this isn't a sign that Jazwares are losing their touch/ability to care.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Meliden » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:07 pm

diamonddeath wrote:Does anyone know what happened to the planned second set of classic Sonic statues by First4Figures? I'm talking anout the smaller ones that went for about $15 each. The first set was Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.

I don't think they were ever made, because those figure statue things have been out for ages. I recall hearing that F4F have lost the licence to make anything other than the limited edition big statues, anyway. You can only get the extended classic cast through the even smaller vinyl figures.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Xeric » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:40 am

Not sure if this has been posted but...

This was just uploaded to Jazwares Facebook page. Apparently that's a new Sonic mold too. :/
Xeric
BumbleKnight

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:48 am

SHE'S BEAUUUUUUUTIFUL!! *tears of joy*
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Meliden » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:52 am

She's...meh. If her comic pack goes as limited as the modern Amy comic pack, I'm not stumping up those kind of prices to buy it.
Meliden
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius