Ask Ian for NOV'08 - Beware the Werehog

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby FairFieldFinder » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:49 pm

1 & 2: To further inquire about Omega, which comic will he be in? The main Sonic comic or the new Sonic Universe?

3: Do you have any more new names for the alternate counterparts on Moebius? Even something off the top of your head would do.

4: This has been a bit of a confusion at the Archie Sonic Wiki. Do you spell NICOLE's name in all caps or like a regular one?

5: Will Omega have all the traits of his game counterpart? Same weaponry, personality and all that.
Last edited by FairFieldFinder on Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FairFieldFinder
BumbleClan

Postby Luger » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:34 pm

1.) Would you say the supporting Echidna cast (i.e. Dimitri, Lien-Da, Remington, Lara-Le, Wynmacher, [surviving?] Brotherhood) are safe for the forseeable future?

2.) What are your thoughts on Mobius Encyclopaedia as a referencing source? Have you ever used Mobius Encyclopaedia as a basic reference when you're too lazy to break out the issues? :P *shameless plus*

3.) Will Renae De Liz be doing the artwork for issue #200? Will Spaz do the cover?

4.) Does the "D. Kingdom" shown in the backstory of StH #194 stand for Dragon Kingdom (mentioned by Moritori Rex in KtE #16 I believe it was) or something else?
Last edited by Luger on Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Luger
BumbleNoble

Postby DelectaBit » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:35 pm

I do believe you've mentioned constantly jotting down notes during your first playthrough of the Sonic games. What exactly is it that you are writing down most of the time?
DelectaBit
BumbleCitizen

Postby kryptyk » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:02 pm

Hi Ian!

I used to post on Knothole Village forum, but not often since I rarely had time for it. Frankly, I have even less now, but will try to pose a few questions on occasion. Anyway....

1. I was a huge fan of Mecha Madness back in the day (still have an original issue), since Mecha Sonic's last appearance was hugely disappointing is there any chance we might see him again, perhaps at the same time as Metal Sonic?

2. I never considered this until I saw Metal Scourge, but... Metal Shadow, Mecha Shadow, Mecha Scourge: ever cross your mind?

3. Scourge used a super charged Warp Ring on Mobius to go back to Moebius. He and the SS stole Kintobor's Globe Posts to link a portal with the Star Posts so they could invade Freedom HQ instead of using the Warp Ring again. The Brain Trust creates new Star Posts that don't link to the Globe Posts for some reason and just drop Sonic and Amy in the middle of Kintobor's Hospital Tower. Meanwhile, during all this, the Cosmic Interstate is nowhere to be seen.
Now for my real question: What's going on with all the inconsistent interdimensional transport devices lately?

4. Why didn't you rename Anti-Robotnik into Ovi Kintobor? I think I heard that's supposed to be SegaSonic canon in Japan.

5. Since the Power Rings were created from the energy of the Chaos Emeralds, what's going to happen to them as a result of the Great Harmony?
kryptyk
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:41 am

1.) Do Chao still live at the Lake of Rings?
2.) What are the chances of a focus on Jules Hedgehog in the future?
3.) Metal Sonic's been showing up a lot recently, but hasn't been doing that much except being sent after Sonic as an attack hound. Are there other plans for him?
4.) The Sonic world has a large batch of both technology and magic, but aside from the warp ring there is surprisingly little combination of the two. Why is Mobius so dedicated to either one force or the other?
5.) This is probably an obvious question, but what are the sub-bosses known to readers so far? Many of the named ones are no longer in action, usually retired through a spindash destruction.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Autobot Meister » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:44 am

G'Day Ian, a question crossed my mind some time ago I thought you could answer:

1. Now that Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts have been added to the cast, does that mean any more AoSTH-orientated characters might appear in future issues (such as Wes Weasley, Da Bears, or my favourite, Momma Robotnik)?
Autobot Meister
BumbleNewbie

Postby Orion101 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:48 am

1. Does Shadow actually have someplace where he lives or is he nomadic ?

2. Since Nicole semingly knows Rotor created her does that mean she thinks of him as her father?

3. Even though they are basically on the same side now will we still see any instances of Anti-Heroes Rouge and Shadow fighting Sonic and any of the other heroes?

4. I noticed in the SatAM series and the early comics that Sally was one of the few characters that didn't consistantly mock Antoine and came to his defense at times in your opinion how would you describe their friendship?
Last edited by Orion101 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion101
BumbleFan

Postby Excelhedge » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:40 am

sonic blog wrote:To underscore Archie's importance to Sonic continuity, there is a major tie-in between the first issue of SONIC UNIVERSE and the latest installment of the SONIC ARCHIVES reprint series, also shipping in February.

1&2) What kinda connection is there? Are Shadow and metal gonna time warp to somewhere between the #37-#40 time zone?

Question #12 wrote:
Since Metal Sonic is always being rebuilt will we ever see Silver Sonic agian?

I don't see why not. Metal is the big fan-favorite, so I prefer to focus on him. But I might toss Silver Sonic back into the mix sometime.

3)Deathegg Saga Silver or Post Adventure Silver?
Excelhedge
BumbleKnight

Postby Mr Saxon » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:32 pm

1. Will Eggman ever have another flying fortress, ala the Egg Carrier or Death Egg, or is he confined to the Egg Dome for the forseeable future?

2. Now that Sonic Unleashed is out, what is your opinion of Chip? Good addition or another useless character?

3. Would you ever consider using Chip in the comic or is that a no-no on Sega's behalf?

4. If Eggman were ever to be killed off for a period, which villain would be big enough to take his place as main enemy?

5. Regarding Sonic the Comic, were there any ideas Fleetway did that you wish you could have done for Sonic Archie?
Mr Saxon
BumbleKnight

Postby EHH123 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:49 pm

1. Do you know anything about Robin Hood? I know that in issue 58, in which Rob O' the Hedge gets his first official appearance, a guy who wrote Robin Hood stories called Clayton Emery got a writing credit alongside Ken Penders.
2. Who do you like to use for comic relief? You mentioned Antoine when you were talking about Tommy, but Amy seems to fill in the role now.
EHH123
BumbleKnight

Postby ThunderPeel » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:57 pm

1. With the recent trend in comic books being adapted into feature films, will the Archie Sonic universe ever jump on that concept?

2. Is there a possiblity that Dr Robotnik will make a return?

3. Will issue #200 tie into the Sonic Universe comic?
ThunderPeel
BumbleNewbie

Postby A Sonic fan » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:57 pm

1) Who has more power? Eggman, Mammoth Mogul or Finitevus?
2) Any chance that Captain Whisker will appear in Sonic the Hedgehog or in Sonic Universe?
3) Has Eggman to worry about Snively?
4) Can we expect some big attack to our heroes in the next future by Eggman Empire?
A Sonic fan
BumbleNewbie

Postby Zulon Eredas » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:09 pm

-After reading issue 194 I noticed the world map on Snively's computer screen and an area south of Station Square with ??? on it, will we ever find out who or what is down there?
Zulon Eredas
BumbleNoble

Postby Adamis » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:10 pm

-So now that you've played Unleashed and, I assume, took notes, do you have any intentions to adapt it (fully or partly) in the comic? Or will you consider it happened like Sonic 06?

-Any chances to see professor Pickle, Ergo or (less likely?) Chip? Or the countries referenced?

-We have seen various styles for the humans in the book. Chronicles and Unleashed have adopted a cartoonish style for them. Do you think the artists in the book should/will have to draw humans like that?

-Can we expect more than one surprise in the road to #200?

-What are your favorite levels (day and night) in Unleashed? (just curious ;) )
Adamis
BumbleNoble

Postby nuckles87 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:47 pm

1. I love your brand of insanity, perfectly shown in characters like Bean and Rosy. How do you do it?

2. Rosy reminds of Tira from Soul Calibur. Was she, or any of the other insane characters from fighting games an inspiration for her?
nuckles87
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius