Sonic Dreams

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Sonic Dreams

Postby Chris000 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:36 pm

'Sup BK-Lounge.

Recently in my psychology class we have been covering the topic of dreams and their meanings. Now, I know everybody here is a die-hard Sonic fan, so I feel that this question should be totally appropriate on this forum.

Whilst in the Dreamrelm, have you ever had Sonic characters make appearances, or were otherwise the subject of your dreams?

I have to say that there are a few instances in which I recall members of the cast making an appearance in the subconscious. My most recent experience has to do with Rouge the Bat (I kid you not), starring in a horror movie. I'm not exactly sure how or why, but she was in SAW (SAW VI to be precise). What was even weirder is the fact that I never even saw any of these movies. Did she survive? Dunno, I woke up.

So, what about you guys? Ever had a Sonic-themed dream recently? If so, what was it about if you can remember.

Oh, keep it PG guys. Don't need to hear everything (as of late, I'm looking at you, Excelhedge :wink: ), but don't be afraid to share. They're just dreams. It's cool with Freud so it's cool with me.
Last edited by Chris000 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris000
BumbleNoble

Re: Sonic Dreams

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:40 pm

Sure, I've had dreams involving Sonic characters before, but I can't really remember what that many of the actual dreams where, I just remember them being there for some reason or another.

When I was a little kid, I can actually recall having a nightmare about Chaos; I dreamt that Chaos was chasing after me, and I ran back to my sisters house, and we all hid behind furniture when he turned up at the front door, I can remember being all like, "omg don't let him in, he's gonna get us" or "omg he's gonna break through the door any second".
Another time I had a nightmare about the Egg Viper from Sonic Adventure, which was born out of the fact that I was stuck on that boss at the time.

I've also had dreams that involve Sonic, but not directly as a character. I've had dreams where I've gone into a comic shop and found a whole load of rare Archie Sonic issues being sold, which I'm pretty sure all of which didn't even exist.
Last edited by TheFatPanda on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby squeakyboots13 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:47 pm

I can never recall any of my dreams by the time I wake up. :(
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:49 pm

squeakyboots13 wrote:I can never recall any of my dreams by the time I wake up. :(

You must be a pretty deep sleeper. They say that the only dreams you can remember are those you have when you're half awake.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Milox » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:53 pm

The earliest dream I recall having involved Sonic, Tails, and a red character who resembled Mighty more than Knuckles in what a four year old mind would contemplate Sonic 3 to be like in their dreams.

Considering I had this dream in late 1993, that is particularly strange, and is also why I favor Mighty so dang much.

I'm sure Sonic characters have shown up in dreams in the 17 and a half years since then, I just don't recall any context.

Except for that one time when Dr. Robotnik, Weird Al Yankovic, and Frank N. Furter of Rocky Horror infamy teamed up to...actually lets not go into that one.
Milox
BumbleClan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:58 pm

I can't say I've had a Sonic related dream but I did have a dream trailer for Red vs Blue that featured Batman and alternate universes.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Daisetsu » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:08 pm

I don't remember much of the details, but Sonic and Tails were there to protect my family from my grandparents' possessed TV.

That was the only Sonic-related dream I can remember that happened 12-15 years ago.
Daisetsu
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:14 pm

Remember the Sonic Underground episode where Knuckles appeared for the first time. Ya know the scene where Knuckles has captured Sleet and Dingo and is roasting them over a fire?
I had a dream where it was the same scene, but with Sonic and Tails roasting on the fire, in the middle of the desert.

Why?
I have no idea.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby FairFieldFinder » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:15 pm

I think I've had two... But only remember the one. Shadow was doing that jump he did in Sonic Battle while on Radical Highway, kicking GUN Beetles, then Amy with a weird E-100 version of her own body is watching with two other guys I can't remember.
FairFieldFinder
BumbleClan

Postby theJcfreak » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:23 pm

I dream fairly often, though I usually forget them in the morning. The ones I do remember... we're supposed to keep this PG right? I don't remember having any Sonic dreams, though I do remember an X-Men dream where Wolverine was chasing me trying to kill me because... oh wait, PG...

Yeah, I got nothing.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby SEGAMew » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:49 pm

I had dreams where I was Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles. Usually I would be interacting in the real world and not Sonic's.

My most recent dream (last week), I (during the VERY few times I was myself) came across Yuji Naka who was apparently late for a meeting. Regardless, I chased him down and got a few autographs from him :D Later in the week, we spent the day at an Expo/festival.

Just to clarIfy, I'm female and have a crush on Yuji Naka-sama for the past 14 years c_c
SEGAMew
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:52 pm

I just had a dream about Alien Storm last night, and I haven't played that game since Christmas
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Axel T Rat » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:53 pm

Okay I'm gonna dig deep and see if I can remember some.

I had a dream before SA2 came out, hyped that I finally got it within this one dream I had. It had a format similar to SA1, except Gamma and Big were repalced by two of my chars. I played Sonic's story first and it begins with Eggman capturing the cast from the first game, including Gamma for some reason. Sonic manages to escape, but gets locked out before he can bail anyone else out. It is then that I have Sonic wander the Adventure field, having to idea what to do. He meets one of my characters, but besides that, nothing happens. I don't a break from playing only to find one of my friends has witched out the game for Vigilante 8 on the Dreamcast. I yell at him until he lets me on again. I decide to play Knuckles' story since I was stuck on Sonic. It opens with him trying out a new guitar while Vector and Charmy are there. They are both indifferent and trying to watched Courage the Cowardly Dog on tv. Knuckles tries out his guitar and it makes the TV blow up. He then goes to the store to get a new TV, but then a net falls on him and the guy at the counter is revealed to be Eggman. I take yet another break, but when I come back I see that my dad of all people is playing a Dreamcast, playing a port of Banjo Kazooie superior to the N64 version.

All else I can mention is this other where I had a ghost haunting while I was reading the comics in another dream. So I went to see Tails who had a ghost tracking device. All I can say regarding that one. Another weird one is Sally suddenly hanging on for dear life in the back of my dad's pickup truck while we were driving, all while wearing a wedding dress for some reason. I guess that was after I saw the cover of #19.

Another one was where I was going to this facility to join the Freedom Fighters, except it was mostly run by humans and they had me sit in a room to watch sitcom family style cartoons all day. Think along the lines of the Flintstones. I got tired of that and snuck into this other room in which both Sonic and Tails were in, except Tails was a girl wearing pearls. They had a big microscope in the center of the room and everyone started running me out as soon as I came in.

One more I can think of recently was a dream I had right after seeing the variant #225 cover. I dreamt that Robotnik Prime was captured sometime after he supposedly killed Sally. King Acorn, still in a wheelchair was trying to restrain his anger and keep himself from bringing a sword onto him.

All I can think of right now.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby white3agle510 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:00 pm

For my dream:

I thought I was having some weird sequence where I WAS another character, more often Tails. The night this happened I fell asleep watching SatAm, and I had one of those flying dreams except instead of flying over a random city, I was flying over New Mobotropolis, with Sonic and the rest of the FF waving up at me. Kind of cool, I suppose.

One way to remember your dreams is to write them down right after you get up. The longer you are awake, the less you remember about a dream.
white3agle510
BumbleFan

Postby Hermoso » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:01 pm

I mostly have them all with Sonic. The best one I remember was Sonic and Sally were on Earth and stuff with the freedom fighters and I had to hide them from the goverment. Sonic snuck in my bag and my teachers freaked out and all. I usually get the dream back....a lot I have dreams of people talking or images that are faint, but I see those same exact things in the future. Its really weird, but I think im possessed or something. Its kinda cool, but I hope I never see bad things....
Hermoso
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius