Did you like the Megaman cartoon?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

What do you think of the Megaman cartoon?

It was pretty cool
42%
It was ok
46%
It was a disgrace to the games
12%

Total votes : 26

Re: Did you like the Megaman cartoon?

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
Tcat wrote: And the Megaman X cameo episode is still one of the best episodes just on principle.

Vicious, unsympathetic, non-pacifistic tall forty-year old X battles the evil Cigma.

Ye-ep. :(hearty laughter):

don't forget No-Emotions Vile, a complete mirror-opposite of his character
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Tcat » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:31 pm

<.<....Dernit. All this talk.

*skitters off to watch the episode for some lawls*
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby PC the Hedgehog » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:51 pm

It's already been stated what all was wrong with the show: the plots were often silly and nonsensical, the characters were far too beefed-up, Proto Man was a villain...

But it was still entertaining as all get out as far a cheesy 90's cartoon goes, and I love it down to this day.

And I don't care what anyone else says: Scott McNeil IS Dr. Wily.
PC the Hedgehog
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:39 pm

PC the Hedgehog wrote:It's already been stated what all was wrong with the show: the plots were often silly and nonsensical, the characters were far too beefed-up, Proto Man was a villain...

But it was still entertaining as all get out as far a cheesy 90's cartoon goes, and I love it down to this day.

And I don't care what anyone else says: Scott McNeil IS Dr. Wily.

I didn't mind that Proto Man was a villain. I just wish he was more dimensional you know sympathetic. If I remeber right when Proto Man was working for Dr. Wily helping yet helping Mega Man. This was because Wily repair him and he had graduated for it.

When did stop working for Wily? Plot wise hope it was Mega Man 4 it would lead into the Mega Man 5. (Besides I could repect Proto Man more for wanting to leave Wily after makeing him kidnap a little girl.)
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:21 am

Yeah, what people fail to realize is that, for a time, Proto Man DID work for Wily.

As for X and Vile, keep in mind that the only game out when that ep was made was the first one, where neither really had much in the way of personality, with something like Maverick Hunter X being over a decade away. X had all of ONE line of dialogue!

Just having them there was cool enough, and based strictly on the game, it's difficult to say that X running around and blowing the crud out of anything and everything is out of character.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:16 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Yeah, what people fail to realize is that, for a time, Proto Man DID work for Wily.

When, Mega Man 3? I thought the official story on that was that he was testing Mega Man.

As for X and Vile, keep in mind that the only game out when that ep was made was the first one, where neither really had much in the way of personality, with something like Maverick Hunter X being over a decade away. X had all of ONE line of dialogue!

The ending clearly spelled out that X was a pacifist, but then again I wouldn't expect ruby spears to actually beat a Mega Man game

Just having them there was cool enough, and based strictly on the game, it's difficult to say that X running around and blowing the crud out of anything and everything is out of character.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

that's true. It's just funny how completely different Vile's character turned out. I was kinda surprised when I found out he was a murder-happy psychopath
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:17 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Yeah, what people fail to realize is that, for a time, Proto Man DID work for Wily.

When, Mega Man 3? I thought the official story on that was that he was testing Mega Man.

And up to the end of Cossack's citadel in MM4. Wily found and more or less saved Proto Man as he was on the verge of shutdown, and he did not know of Wily or Mega Man's true natures, though he would come to learn them over the course of those two games.

The reason he would not fight Mega Man for long is due to the nature of the atomic energy reactor Wily used to fix him; it would not allow him to fight for the long haul.

The ending clearly spelled out that X was a pacifist, but then again I wouldn't expect ruby spears to actually beat a Mega Man game

I don't know if I'd say "clearly." It definitely seems clear in hindsight, but at the time, I'm not sure many really saw it that way.

Something else to consider is that it could have been the result of any number of external factors as well: Capcom decree (something fans of the Sonic comic should be rather familiar with), or focus groups. Trust me, the original goal for the cartoon was a LOT truer to the games, but focus groups led to what we got as the end result. X could have been a victim of that as well.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

that's true. It's just funny how completely different Vile's character turned out. I was kinda surprised when I found out he was a murder-happy psychopath

I don't know anyone who didn't love his voice.

And in a way, he still was. Maybe without the "happy" part, but the emotion lines were silly, anyway, especially as you could see and hear him get quite agitated in that episode.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:21 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

And up to the end of Cossack's citadel in MM4. Wily found and more or less saved Proto Man as he was on the verge of shutdown, and he did not know of Wily or Mega Man's true natures, though he would come to learn them over the course of those two games.

The reason he would not fight Mega Man for long is due to the nature of the atomic energy reactor Wily used to fix him; it would not allow him to fight for the long haul.

Didn't he get some solar thing installed, That doen't seem to be an issue any more not sure when that happen some time between 8 and 9 I guess. I do still wonder if he still has the atomic energy reactor. Solar Energy seems like an external fix to Proto Man's energy issues. But it seems that Solar Tech if pretty advanced in this world or atleast more advanced by the later games. Because I seem to remeber something about most Robots Master using Solar Energy now.
Last edited by ReifuTD on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby theJcfreak » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:17 am

I'm pretty sure we all know the best cartoon Megaman.

theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:45 pm

ReifuTD wrote:Didn't he get some solar thing installed, That doen't seem to be an issue any more not sure when that happen some time between 8 and 9 I guess. I do still wonder if he still has the atomic energy reactor. Solar Energy seems like an external fix to Proto Man's energy issues. But it seems that Solar Tech if pretty advanced in this world or atleast more advanced by the later games. Because I seem to remeber something about most Robots Master using Solar Energy now.

Proto Man doesn't want to be fixed, he doesn't trust Dr. Light
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:Didn't he get some solar thing installed, That doen't seem to be an issue any more not sure when that happen some time between 8 and 9 I guess. I do still wonder if he still has the atomic energy reactor. Solar Energy seems like an external fix to Proto Man's energy issues. But it seems that Solar Tech if pretty advanced in this world or atleast more advanced by the later games. Because I seem to remeber something about most Robots Master using Solar Energy now.

Proto Man doesn't want to be fixed, he doesn't trust Dr. Light

Well, I heard he has a solar energy reactor now, or it could just be a fancy way of saying nuclear power because isn't the sun made of atomic energy?
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Legionfan44 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:16 pm

I would say yes, it was one of the better U.S. game cartoons. I still fill bad for not buying it or the JP OVA on DVD (the OVA was pretty good to, even if the dub was....not good,) (hearty laughter).) So yes, I would say I enjoy the U.S. megaman cartoon, maybe not quite as much as Sonic SATAM, but its deffinantly one of the more favorable U.S. game adaptions.
Legionfan44
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:33 pm

I saw half of the first episode and then went on to do something else, I don't even play the games and I could see major flaws with the show.

With that said maybe I should check out some more to form a more well versed opinion of it.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Tcat » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:37 pm

No. No, the entire show is flawed... ;p but that's why it's pretty awesome. it's like comparing SatAM to the games.. or Underground to the OVA.. or Sonic X with Archie.. it's just different and you have to go in knowing and understanding that. If you can't appreciate it for what it is and what time in history it came out then there's no hope. It's no different than the Street Fighter cartoon, or Zelda, or Darkstalkers, AoStH, or the Mario TV show at the time. They're awesome for what they are because they're terribly cheesy products of the 80/90s. Period.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby Toby Barrett » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:04 pm

Toby Barrett

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!