Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Antiyonder wrote:Just got the issue today.

Surprised that the Genesis Portal was referred to as such, rather than merely a portal since the term originated in StH.


Well Wily has a Genesis team based off the Genesis games
User avatar
ReifuTD
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 5964
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:29 pm

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:40 pm

General note - let's keep the thread on the topic of the issue itself.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing
 
Posts: 5837
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:09 am

ReifuTD wrote:
Antiyonder wrote:Just got the issue today.

Surprised that the Genesis Portal was referred to as such, rather than merely a portal since the term originated in StH.


Well Wily has a Genesis team based off the Genesis games


I think the Genesis Portals are more legally flexible since they're an original idea that popped out a crossover between Sonic and Mega Man.
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby DoNotDelete » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:37 am

Mordum wrote:...But by the same token, Delete. I think you're a cool guy, but let's be real: based on the threads WE'VE interacted in, aggressive as I can sometimes be, I think your issue with social progress and diversity in media has less to do with any real philosophies one way or another and just hating it being a topic AT ALL. Which...I dunno. I sympathize on one level. I'm someone with fairly progressive, even laid back, social views and I have an utter hatred for anyone who makes it clear that they're passionate about social activism because, unfortunately, I've had far too many experiences with overly progressive people who dehumanize the very people they claim to fight for and have the exact same views as their bigoted opponents, they just don't notice. So I can agree with and empathize with your frustration, but let's also be real: if you consider the subject wrong just on the basis of it coming up at all, which was also basically your perspective when we discussed the unfortunate implications of Command Mission, you are being intellectual dishonest and unreasonable. Your frustration, in my (limited, admittedly) interaction with you, seems to come less from whether or not the argument is legitimate and more about it just being there. You don't seem to actually care if it's right or wrong, you just don't want it here at all. That's, honestly, fair enough. If I were being uncomfortably honest, I lean toward that myself. But it doesn't stop you from being dishonest and unreasonable. If someone has a complaint, your argument can't just be "Yeah well, you look too much into it and since a lot of people are annoying about social issues, you must be wrong." This is basically the second time I've seen you do this. Two's a coincidence, three's a pattern, but I get the feeling three would crop up eventually. Regardless of how you feel about something, being dismissive just because of what it is is not cool.

Though, I've just found more reasons why I relate to you. F...Friendsies?

I apologise for coming off as so dismissive. I was overworked, overtired and pretty much having a level seven meltdown when I typed that comment. I almost expected to be banned for it. I suppose that's why I took a self-imposed break from the forums for so long.

I've had some very bad experiences at the hands of (what some people call) social justice warriors - so I go into high alert/full hostility mode whenever I get a hint of them being in my proximity.

I'll try not to be so dismissive/defensive the next time something like that comes up.
User avatar
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:17 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Mordum » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:47 am

DoNotDelete wrote:I've had some very bad experiences at the hands of (what some people call) social justice warriors - so I go into high alert/full hostility mode whenever I get a hint of them being in my proximity.


So have I dude. And I wasn't exactly calm either.

S'all good, bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYGuQlQseHU
User avatar
Mordum
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:43 pm

Just saying I just got my copy. I kept passing by the store, asking for the new Mega Man but they must have assumed it was the next issue so I missed out on reading one of the best issues to date.

Man, I love those pages where the reformed robot masters were doing good AND they were happy. HAPPY! Aw, why couldn't the deactivated bots feel this too? Poor Top Man, Metal Man and Magnet Man.

Mega Man's talk about being decommissioned was actually deeper than I can get into right now. Concrete Man wanted to be smelted, yikes. Man, I'd assume Flynn would have gotten into this in the adaptation of Rockman and Forte when King breaks into the museum. It'd be along time before Top, Magnet, Metal get reactivated :(

Xander being X was just awesome. Hated Xander before. Love him now. I'd be fine if he keeps his eyeball powers, hehe.

The ending... Sigh. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope Mega Man comes back soon! The 'continued in the game' sounds so final :(

Next issue is Break Man then after that is X? Won't be seeing any progression on Mega Man's side?
User avatar
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:01 pm
Location: Southeast Asia

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:00 pm

Probably not. 53 ends Mega Man, 54 wraps up Break Man, and then 55 is an advertisement for the other franchises in mega man, because they need an even number of issues for trades.
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby ChaosJam » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:08 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Probably not. 53 ends Mega Man, 54 wraps up Break Man, and then 55 is an advertisement for the other franchises in mega man, because they need an even number of issues for trades.

55 is an odd number.
User avatar
ChaosJam
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:32 pm
Location: Jersey

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Tylinos » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:16 pm

ChaosJam wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:Probably not. 53 ends Mega Man, 54 wraps up Break Man, and then 55 is an advertisement for the other franchises in mega man, because they need an even number of issues for trades.

55 is an odd number.

That's because the three Worlds Unite Issues wouldn't be in the final trade. It'd be 49, 53, 54, and 55.
User avatar
Tylinos
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 931
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby EvilEddie » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:17 pm

Yeah same thing happened when Worlds Collide interrupted the trade printings too.
User avatar
EvilEddie
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:01 am

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:13 pm

55 is an ad? Like, not even 5 page stories each? Blue Shift, Red Shift, Future Shift?

Btw, did Flynn ever say anywhere that he intended Xander to turn into X? If he did, right from the conception of the Emerald Spears, then whoa! He played a long game! Hehe
User avatar
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:01 pm
Location: Southeast Asia

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Mordum » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:26 pm

FeroMcPigletron wrote:55 is an ad? Like, not even 5 page stories each? Blue Shift, Red Shift, Future Shift?

Btw, did Flynn ever say anywhere that he intended Xander to turn into X? If he did, right from the conception of the Emerald Spears, then whoa! He played a long game! Hehe


I wondered that too, honestly. Xander fits so insanely well (along with his exposure to the X era) that it's pretty inspired.
User avatar
Mordum
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby SonicSoul » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:42 am

FeroMcPigletron wrote:55 is an ad? Like, not even 5 page stories each? Blue Shift, Red Shift, Future Shift?

Btw, did Flynn ever say anywhere that he intended Xander to turn into X? If he did, right from the conception of the Emerald Spears, then whoa! He played a long game! Hehe


I take it you meant by Mr. X, cause otherwise I'd immediately think of X as in Mega Man X.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2856
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby DoNotDelete » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:01 am

Blue Shift was a nice story - nice exploration of the Robot Master's feelings and some interesting thoughts on robot 'mortality' offered up for consideration. Mega Man's existential concerns were interesting too.

Good stuff.
User avatar
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:17 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:33 pm

I think calling #55 an "advertisement" is unfair, at least any more than calling the entire book an advertisement, as it's not really advertising anything in particular.

So maybe Ian/Archie wanted to go out with a bang and pay tribute to (most of) the franchise as a whole.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
User avatar
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite
 
Posts: 10987
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:19 pm
Location: Balloon Fight Arena

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests