Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby akessel92 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:27 pm

SonicSoul wrote:Most unintentionally funny on my part to mention but, the Light family's different reactions to Cossack's broadcast seems to sum up how fans felt when first hearing about the hiatus oh so perfectly.

Hahahaha....*laughs bitterly*

Yeah... Hahahaha...*slowly turns to crying streams*
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:20 pm

It's an interesting little issue. A little awkward, especially since it's setting things up that we know we won't see, but it's cute. I'm surprised, the conversation Mega Man has about life and his issues pretty much ends exactly after the preview. It seems like the scenes are mostly disconnected from each other, honestly, it's a bit disjointed. Every scene is good on its own but they don't flow into each other very well.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby theusjshjdhdne » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:02 pm

22.jpg
I don't see anything like "Go play Mega Man 4" anywhere on this page.
theusjshjdhdne
BumbleNewbie

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:22 am

maybe the digital and print copies are different?
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:26 am

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:maybe the digital and print copies are different?

Oh god this isn't Sonic #243 all over again is it? I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but if that's true, maybe the "hiatus" got changed to "cancellation" and the MM4 reference was rushed to the print versions.

Or, it could be a last-minute ad for the Legacy Collection. Who knows.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:12 am

BlazeHeatnix wrote:
Mr.Unsmiley wrote:maybe the digital and print copies are different?

Oh god this isn't Sonic #243 all over again is it? I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but if that's true, maybe the "hiatus" got changed to "cancellation" and the MM4 reference was rushed to the print versions.

Or, it could be a last-minute ad for the Legacy Collection. Who knows.

What happened with Sonic 243? *has a bad short-term memory*
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby GentlemanX » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:18 am

243 is the first part of Endangered Species, I assume he's saying the original plan was for the hiatus to eventually lead back to the current comic story and the comment in the print edition indicates a recent decision to axe the current comic instead.

Which may be the case, but only in that the decision was made recently. The hiatus at all indicated they were reevaluating the current status quo of the comic.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby megabeatman » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:37 am

For comparison purposes, here is the same last page with the Mega Man Legacy addition. This is from the copy in the Mega Man app. In spoilers due to size.
Spoiler: show
megabeatman
BumbleKnight

Postby Tylinos » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:54 am

If anything, the version without the Legacy Collection ad looks more like it had text removed, but that could just be me imagining things. It just feels like the one with the ad fills the box space well, while the one without feels empty.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:27 am

Tylinos wrote:If anything, the version without the Legacy Collection ad looks more like it had text removed, but that could just be me imagining things. It just feels like the one with the ad fills the box space well, while the one without feels empty.

You have a point, but it looks like the ad uses a different font from the rest of the text. The reason I bring up the Endangered Species comparison is Sonic #243 had a similar situation where last-minute text changes used a different font done on a computer.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:46 am

BlazeHeatnix wrote:
Tylinos wrote:If anything, the version without the Legacy Collection ad looks more like it had text removed, but that could just be me imagining things. It just feels like the one with the ad fills the box space well, while the one without feels empty.

You have a point, but it looks like the ad uses a different font from the rest of the text. The reason I bring up the Endangered Species comparison is Sonic #243 had a similar situation where last-minute text changes used a different font done on a computer.

IT DOES look like a different font. I guess we'll find out if anything's going on for sure next issue, when there's enough time to make both versions the same.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby OncleSam » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:31 pm

I'm wondering how Capcom accepted that Mr.X
who is actually Wily in the games
was changed to being Xander Payne. Okay I can see the thing with the X but it clearly changes the whole story.

Guess I'll just have to stick to the games. Had a hard time finishing the first one on Legacy Collection. Afraid to tackle the second one.
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:37 pm

OncleSam wrote:I'm wondering how Capcom accepted that Mr.X
was changed to being Xander Payne. Okay I can see the thing with the X but it clearly changes the whole story.

Guess I'll just have to stick to the games. Had a hard time finishing the first one on Legacy Collection. Afraid to tackle the second one.

Mr. X in the games was just a disguise, and it's a common fan theory that there was a "real" Mr. X who was impersonated.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:07 pm

OncleSam wrote:I'm wondering how Capcom accepted that Mr.X

Ian wasn't adapting MM6 when Mr. X showed up. As long as the actual MM6 adaptation involved Wily disguising as Mr. X, there's no reason Capcom wouldn't have objected to it.

OncleSam wrote:Guess I'll just have to stick to the games. Had a hard time finishing the first one on Legacy Collection. Afraid to tackle the second one.

MM1 hasn't aged well at all. MM2 is far, far superior. It's like what Street Fighter 2 was to the first game. I recommend playing it on Normal. If you still don't enjoy it, I'd say Mega Man games aren't for you.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby OncleSam » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:22 pm

OncleSam wrote:Guess I'll just have to stick to the games. Had a hard time finishing the first one on Legacy Collection. Afraid to tackle the second one.

MM1 hasn't aged well at all. MM2 is far, far superior. It's like what Street Fighter 2 was to the first game. I recommend playing it on Normal. If you still don't enjoy it, I'd say Mega Man games aren't for you.

Haha I enjoyed the first game ... actually got off against Yellow Devil with 7 deaths ( okay I watched a Youtube speed run video to see how to evade his parts .... :oops: ) but it still remained hard to finish. But if you tell me that Mega Man 2 can be compared to Street Fighter 2 in terms of " gaming pleasure " I guess I'll just have to go and launch the game right now ! :D
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!