Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby akessel92 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:27 pm

SonicSoul wrote:Most unintentionally funny on my part to mention but, the Light family's different reactions to Cossack's broadcast seems to sum up how fans felt when first hearing about the hiatus oh so perfectly.

Hahahaha....*laughs bitterly*

Yeah... Hahahaha...*slowly turns to crying streams*
akessel92
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:52 am
Location: in my home made of trash gets drafty in the winter

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Penguin God » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:20 pm

It's an interesting little issue. A little awkward, especially since it's setting things up that we know we won't see, but it's cute. I'm surprised, the conversation Mega Man has about life and his issues pretty much ends exactly after the preview. It seems like the scenes are mostly disconnected from each other, honestly, it's a bit disjointed. Every scene is good on its own but they don't flow into each other very well.
User avatar
Penguin God
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:28 pm

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby theusjshjdhdne » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:02 pm

22.jpg
I don't see anything like "Go play Mega Man 4" anywhere on this page.
theusjshjdhdne
BumbleNewbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:22 am

maybe the digital and print copies are different?
User avatar
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:20 pm
Location: North Charleston, SC

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:26 am

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:maybe the digital and print copies are different?


Oh god this isn't Sonic #243 all over again is it? I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but if that's true, maybe the "hiatus" got changed to "cancellation" and the MM4 reference was rushed to the print versions.

Or, it could be a last-minute ad for the Legacy Collection. Who knows.
User avatar
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:12 am

BlazeHeatnix wrote:
Mr.Unsmiley wrote:maybe the digital and print copies are different?


Oh god this isn't Sonic #243 all over again is it? I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but if that's true, maybe the "hiatus" got changed to "cancellation" and the MM4 reference was rushed to the print versions.

Or, it could be a last-minute ad for the Legacy Collection. Who knows.


What happened with Sonic 243? *has a bad short-term memory*
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby GentlemanX » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:18 am

243 is the first part of Endangered Species, I assume he's saying the original plan was for the hiatus to eventually lead back to the current comic story and the comment in the print edition indicates a recent decision to axe the current comic instead.

Which may be the case, but only in that the decision was made recently. The hiatus at all indicated they were reevaluating the current status quo of the comic.
User avatar
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:32 pm
Location: "i'm on a big blue ball!"

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby megabeatman » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:37 am

For comparison purposes, here is the same last page with the Mega Man Legacy addition. This is from the copy in the Mega Man app. In spoilers due to size.
Spoiler: show
Image
User avatar
megabeatman
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:15 am

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Tylinos » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:54 am

If anything, the version without the Legacy Collection ad looks more like it had text removed, but that could just be me imagining things. It just feels like the one with the ad fills the box space well, while the one without feels empty.
User avatar
Tylinos
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 931
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:27 am

Tylinos wrote:If anything, the version without the Legacy Collection ad looks more like it had text removed, but that could just be me imagining things. It just feels like the one with the ad fills the box space well, while the one without feels empty.


You have a point, but it looks like the ad uses a different font from the rest of the text. The reason I bring up the Endangered Species comparison is Sonic #243 had a similar situation where last-minute text changes used a different font done on a computer.
User avatar
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:46 am

BlazeHeatnix wrote:
Tylinos wrote:If anything, the version without the Legacy Collection ad looks more like it had text removed, but that could just be me imagining things. It just feels like the one with the ad fills the box space well, while the one without feels empty.


You have a point, but it looks like the ad uses a different font from the rest of the text. The reason I bring up the Endangered Species comparison is Sonic #243 had a similar situation where last-minute text changes used a different font done on a computer.


IT DOES look like a different font. I guess we'll find out if anything's going on for sure next issue, when there's enough time to make both versions the same.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby OncleSam » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:31 pm

I'm wondering how Capcom accepted that Mr.X
Spoiler: show
who is actually Wily in the games
was changed to being Xander Payne. Okay I can see the thing with the X but it clearly changes the whole story.

Guess I'll just have to stick to the games. Had a hard time finishing the first one on Legacy Collection. Afraid to tackle the second one.
User avatar
OncleSam
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:59 pm
Location: France

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:37 pm

OncleSam wrote:I'm wondering how Capcom accepted that Mr.X
Spoiler: show
who is actually Wily in the games
was changed to being Xander Payne. Okay I can see the thing with the X but it clearly changes the whole story.

Guess I'll just have to stick to the games. Had a hard time finishing the first one on Legacy Collection. Afraid to tackle the second one.


Mr. X in the games was just a disguise, and it's a common fan theory that there was a "real" Mr. X who was impersonated.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:07 pm

OncleSam wrote:I'm wondering how Capcom accepted that Mr.X
Spoiler: show
who is actually Wily in the games
was changed to being Xander Payne. Okay I can see the thing with the X but it clearly changes the whole story.

Ian wasn't adapting MM6 when Mr. X showed up. As long as the actual MM6 adaptation involved Wily disguising as Mr. X, there's no reason Capcom wouldn't have objected to it.

OncleSam wrote:Guess I'll just have to stick to the games. Had a hard time finishing the first one on Legacy Collection. Afraid to tackle the second one.

MM1 hasn't aged well at all. MM2 is far, far superior. It's like what Street Fighter 2 was to the first game. I recommend playing it on Normal. If you still don't enjoy it, I'd say Mega Man games aren't for you.
User avatar
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby OncleSam » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:22 pm

OncleSam wrote:Guess I'll just have to stick to the games. Had a hard time finishing the first one on Legacy Collection. Afraid to tackle the second one.

MM1 hasn't aged well at all. MM2 is far, far superior. It's like what Street Fighter 2 was to the first game. I recommend playing it on Normal. If you still don't enjoy it, I'd say Mega Man games aren't for you.


Haha I enjoyed the first game ... actually got off against Yellow Devil with 7 deaths ( okay I watched a Youtube speed run video to see how to evade his parts .... :oops: ) but it still remained hard to finish. But if you tell me that Mega Man 2 can be compared to Street Fighter 2 in terms of " gaming pleasure " I guess I'll just have to go and launch the game right now ! :D
User avatar
OncleSam
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:59 pm
Location: France

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron