Mega Man Movie coming from Fox

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man Movie coming from Fox

Postby GentlemanX » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:58 pm

After looking at the article, it doesn't specify that the film is adapting the classic series, just "Mega Man".

That does lend itself to lots of different ideas. As said with the Kamen Rider comparison, it'd be interesting if this was a completely new spin-off continuity rather than fitting into one of the already established ones.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:27 pm

BlazeHeatnix wrote:See, no, but that's the thing. Sonic is still a linear narrative. He goes from point A to point B, A being the start of Green Hill and B being the final boss. There's a story there. You could EASILY turn Sonic 3 for example into a movie.

Mega Man? He teleports to fight an RM, teleports back to Dr. Light, rinse repeat. And then he goes by himself into Wily's castle. Unless you TOTALLY revamped the way the story is set up, there'd be no logical explanation for why he'd fight one RM at a time, or better yet why there'd be any sort of downtime between nonstop action when there's RM's everywhere attacking the city. And don't give me that "It's Mega Man, it doesn't have to be logical" bull. I mean it wouldn't be logical from a story progression and pacing standpoint for a 2 hour movie, because it's so strictly episodic unlike most video games. That's why it works as a TV show and a comic.

I'd be fine with just adapting the first part of this.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby DaddlerTheDalek » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:36 am

Oh Boy! Mega Man coming to the big screen! It's going to be really cool if done right! :D
DaddlerTheDalek
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:23 am

DaddlerTheDalek wrote:Oh Boy! Mega Man coming to the big screen! It's going to be really cool if done right! :D

Well, it is a Video game movie, so...
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Frontier » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:32 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
DaddlerTheDalek wrote:Oh Boy! Mega Man coming to the big screen! It's going to be really cool if done right! :D

The Ratchet and Clank movie looks pretty good though, so something in that vein might work for Mega Man :) .
Frontier
BumbleFan

Postby SonicSoul » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:09 am

Frontier wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

The Ratchet and Clank movie looks pretty good though, so something in that vein might work for Mega Man :) .

This movie is being published by Fox. Who have already proven they can' handle adapted properties well with the Fantastic Four reboot. I think people have a right to be weary. Yes, I know the FF film had a lot of troubled development that contributed to it's bad reputation, but I simply don't think I can trust Fox (or Hollywood in general for that matter) to do this in a half-decent manner if they're still under the impression that "grim n' gritty" still sells for any superhero or science-fiction movies. Hint: It doesn't.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby OncleSam » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:51 am

To this day I think the only video game based movie I somewhat enjoyed was Prince Of Persia. Even if it deviated from the original story, it still made sense and the most of the original elements were respected. And I'm actually praising a Disney movie ... So expecting Fox to do something good with Mega Man ? I'd rather watch Pixels again ...
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby lalalei2001 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:13 am

SonicSoul wrote:
Frontier wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

This movie is being published by Fox. Who have already proven they can' handle adapted properties well with the Fantastic Four reboot. I think people have a right to be weary. Yes, I know the FF film had a lot of troubled development that contributed to it's bad reputation, but I simply don't think I can trust Fox (or Hollywood in general for that matter) to do this in a half-decent manner if they're still under the impression that "grim n' gritty" still sells for any superhero or science-fiction movies. Hint: It doesn't.

Fox tried to keep their distance from Fantastic Four 2015 as a response to the perception of Fox as micromanaging taskmasters due to X-Men Origins: Wolverine and let the crew do what they wanted. By the time the production was going off the rails and they had to meddle, it was too late to save the project.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!