Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:40 am

I would not like that. Are they seriously going to drop 5 years of continuity to tie it into an untested cartoon?

Even SEGA wasn't nuts enough to replace the main Sonic book with Sonic Boom
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby akessel92 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:54 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:I would not like that. Are they seriously going to drop 5 years of continuity to tie it into an untested cartoon?

Even SEGA wasn't nuts enough to replace the main Sonic book with Sonic Boom

Capcom is different beast. It wouldn't surprise me since they let Archie to have megaman go on a long hiatus just when its liscence for the book expires.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:53 am

Considering the cartoon comes out two years from now, I seriously doubt it.

(And I SWEAR we had this exact same discussion in therhiatus thread.)
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby PC the Hedgehog » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:16 pm

Ryan Jampole just posted a work-in-progress drawing of Dr. Light's lab on what looks to be standard comic drawing paper on his Twitter account.

A good sign, perhaps...?
PC the Hedgehog
BumbleNoble

Postby DudestofGuys » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:24 pm

Or, you know, it's a snippet of issue 54 since he's slated to draw that one.
DudestofGuys
BumbleFan

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:06 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:Considering the cartoon comes out two years from now, I seriously doubt it.

(And I SWEAR we had this exact same discussion in therhiatus thread.)

We did and I concur.

If the cartoon was just right around the corner I'd see it as more likely, but it's still a long ways off.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby PC the Hedgehog » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:10 pm

DudestofGuys wrote:Or, you know, it's a snippet of issue 54 since he's slated to draw that one.

I suppose it could be, but he acted as if he was currently drawing it, and I figured the interior art would have been completed for that issue already. *shrug*
PC the Hedgehog
BumbleNoble

Postby EvilEddie » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:26 am

Given issue 54 doesn't come out until late October, which is to say over two months, it's probably just art for that issue.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Kureejii Lea » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:23 am

PC the Hedgehog wrote:
DudestofGuys wrote:Or, you know, it's a snippet of issue 54 since he's slated to draw that one.

I suppose it could be, but he acted as if he was currently drawing it, and I figured the interior art would have been completed for that issue already. *shrug*

The work on issues starts about six months in advance. That doesn't means it's finished six months in advance.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Pengi » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:03 pm

The way this is being talked about really bums me out. I want the next iteration of the comic to just be a straight continuation of the current series.
Pengi
BumbleCitizen

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Honestly everything's just conjecture right now. Sure it sounds defeatist in the interview but maybe Ian phrased himself wrong. Maybe Vol. 2 will start with a Mega Man 4 arc and it'll be like it never went away.

Or maybe I'm trying to hard to be positive. I guess we'll see when Mega Man Vol. 2 comes out.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby TheMajinV » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:30 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Honestly everything's just conjecture right now. Sure it sounds defeatist in the interview but maybe Ian phrased himself wrong. Maybe Vol. 2 will start with a Mega Man 4 arc and it'll be like it never went away.

Or maybe I'm trying to hard to be positive. I guess we'll see when Mega Man Vol. 2 comes out.

It's okay to be optimistic about things. I'm unsure how things will play out over the next several months, but it helps to keep positive about our Blue Bomber returning to print one day.
TheMajinV
BumbleNewbie

Postby N'egga Man » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:35 pm

I don't know if anyone's already brought it up before, but apparently Mega Man 4's events don't happen until at least a year after MM3. So maybe the hiatus is also being used to prevent a lot of filler arcs? Then the first issue if/when it returns could have a "One Year Later" footnote at the beginning... or maybe I'm too optimistic.
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

Postby Sunwalker » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:47 pm

N'egga Man wrote:I don't know if anyone's already brought it up before, but apparently Mega Man 4's events don't happen until at least a year after MM3. So maybe the hiatus is also being used to prevent a lot of filler arcs? Then the first issue if/when it returns could have a "One Year Later" footnote at the beginning... or maybe I'm too optimistic.

If that was the case, an in-universe time skip would be a much simpler and easier solution. The hiatus is most likely due to some internal Archie reason, like limiting the number of books they do at once.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby N'egga Man » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:01 pm

Sunwalker wrote:
N'egga Man wrote:I don't know if anyone's already brought it up before, but apparently Mega Man 4's events don't happen until at least a year after MM3. So maybe the hiatus is also being used to prevent a lot of filler arcs? Then the first issue if/when it returns could have a "One Year Later" footnote at the beginning... or maybe I'm too optimistic.

If that was the case, an in-universe time skip would be a much simpler and easier solution. The hiatus is most likely due to some internal Archie reason, like limiting the number of books they do at once.

Hence why I said "also". I know it's very likely at this point that the hiatus is primarily due to something else (New Archie series, costs from Worlds Unite etc.) but, if/when the comic comes back, maybe they can use the one-year time-gap to explain an immediate movement to Mega Man 4's story. At least, that's what I think.
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!