Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:43 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Mr.Unsmiley wrote:I personally don't read Mega Man and am quite content with Sonic getting a double dose of content each month so if this is the way it has to be then it suits me at least

Wow what was the point of this post? Because it comes off pretty mean spirited towards people who do read Mega Man.

in response to Ryan's post that Universe should be the one hypothetically canned instead of Mega Man. I think that's a bit mean-spirited to people who like having Universe around.
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:15 pm

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Mr.Unsmiley wrote:I personally don't read Mega Man and am quite content with Sonic getting a double dose of content each month so if this is the way it has to be then it suits me at least

Wow what was the point of this post? Because it comes off pretty mean spirited towards people who do read Mega Man.

in response to Ryan's post that Universe should be the one hypothetically canned instead of Mega Man. I think that's a bit mean-spirited to people who like having Universe around.

No, it's not really mean spirited when Sonic fans would still have a comic every month. They will still be getting their content and there's no risk of Universe being forced through a reboot.

Mega Man fans have none of that.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:24 pm

Sonic has been going for 20+ years, with 2 series going on right now that are both over 50 issues. Mega Man doesn't have that.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Bean » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:59 pm

Is there anywhere to find out ballpark estimations on how many people subscribe to each comic? In this case, a direct comparison between Universe and Mega Man? It'd be interesting to see if the numbers for that are the same as well because they are pretty close to each other going by the month-to-month sales graph on the last page.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby Sunwalker » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:43 am

I think that saying you are content with the situation is as valid as saying that you are not. Plus what Mr.Unsmiley said is that he like having two Sonic books, and not that he hate Mega Man books.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:04 pm

Sunwalker wrote:I think that saying you are content with the situation is as valid as saying that you are not. Plus what Mr.Unsmiley said is that he like having two Sonic books, and not that he hate Mega Man books.

The problem is we don't know what the situation is. Unsmiley implies that either Universe or Mega Man had to be cancelled and they chose Mega Man. Why can't we have both?
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:28 pm

As a MM fan who is completely indifferent to Sonic, I can see why Archie chose to keep Universe. Sonic has the history and it's going from two licenses to one (which has to cost less). I get that.

Although why it has to be expressed in the "I love MM" part of the board is a bit suspect, but it's a fair enough sentiment.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby Excelhedge » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:04 pm

I only have one question? Is Megaman ZX Vent or Aile?

Megaman A looks to be Ashe so I'm really hoping ZX is Aile cuz she seems to always be passed over for Vent.
Excelhedge
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:28 pm

Excelhedge wrote:I only have one question? Is Megaman ZX Vent or Aile?

Megaman A looks to be Ashe so I'm really hoping ZX is Aile cuz she seems to always be passed over for Vent.

But if it is Ashe, wouldn't ZX be Vent?

then again, covers lie all the time
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby akessel92 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:

But if it is Ashe, wouldn't ZX be Vent?

then again, covers lie all the time

They could have both?
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby N'egga Man » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:37 pm

If Megaman A is Ashe in the issue, then it's likely that ZX will be Vent. But looking at the cover myself, I think that might be Grey using Biometal A, so it could very well be Aile using Biometals Z & X. I don't really have too many thoughts on this issue. On the one hand, I'm glad to see that we'll be getting a look at some more Mega Men's timelines (minus Battle Network and Star Force, but that makes sense). On the other hand, it doesn't help to hide the uncertainty of the comic's future.

Whether this comic does continue or not, I'm more than happy to have read it. It's what got me truly interested in the Mega Man series (at least Classic) and introduced me to some very fun and challenging games. I'll definitely continue to tell others about this wonderful series, and hopefully things'll get back to normal in the future.
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:11 pm

Actually the preview shows Grey. You can clearly see the scar on his face and the plugs coming out the sides. Model ZX is also seems to be Aile, because her face is much paler than Vent's would be.

Capcom seems to consider Aile/Grey to be canon, as they're the ones that get drama tracks.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby GentlemanX » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:53 pm

If they are actually planning on retooling Mega Man, that makes it the obvious choice to put on hiatus. Universe has a very specific goal of touching upon various different Sonic characters and a format that showcases them for a certain time period; both achieve its function. Mega Man isn't, or at least shouldn't be, set up that way. So if it can be more successful in another manner it makes sense to take it offline for a while and try to "fix" it.

If they don't and it's a matter of money right now, then its more 50/50 yeah. Though, the charts paint Universe as more successful in terms of sales, though I'm aware there are x factors to that equation.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby Excelhedge » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:28 am

Megaman A looks to be Grey so I'm really hoping ZX is Aile cuz she seems to always be passed over for Vent.

Dang it! i messed up I ment to say Megaman A looks like Grey have no I Idea why I typed Ashe
Excelhedge
BumbleKnight

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:02 am

...anyone else wondering if maybe the reason the series is going on hiatus is that Capcom wants to regear it to be more like the Mega Man cartoon they've announced?
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!