Page 12 of 13

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:30 pm
by Mobotropolis
Megaman Legends is involved in this issue somehow.

Curse Confirmed. :roll:

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:39 pm
by Bean
I guess I might as well ask here since I'm not sure about it, but what will happen with subscribers that still have issues remaining? Is there going to be an offer to switch to a different book, partial refund, or what?

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:12 am
by captainsean
Bean wrote:I guess I might as well ask here since I'm not sure about it, but what will happen with subscribers that still have issues remaining? Is there going to be an offer to switch to a different book, partial refund, or what?

I e-mailed the Archie offices a week ago. They said that any issues in the Mega Man subscription left would automatically be transferred over to Sonic Universe. They even said that for my particular subscription, my remaining issues had actually had already been transferred over to Sonic Universe (not counting the final Mega Man issue).

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:30 pm
by Unknownshadow675
captainsean wrote:
Bean wrote:I guess I might as well ask here since I'm not sure about it, but what will happen with subscribers that still have issues remaining? Is there going to be an offer to switch to a different book, partial refund, or what?

I e-mailed the Archie offices a week ago. They said that any issues in the Mega Man subscription left would automatically be transferred over to Sonic Universe. They even said that for my particular subscription, my remaining issues had actually had already been transferred over to Sonic Universe (not counting the final Mega Man issue).

Assuming one doesn't have a Universe subscription would it go to Sonic The Hedgehog then?

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:20 pm
by TheFatPanda
You can now see the first three pages of the issue on the Archie App:

Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image


I love how by this point the true final issue, chronologically, was #53.

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:24 pm
by lalalei2001
This is going to be painful to read. Dr. Light needs all the hugs.

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:39 am
by SonicWindAttack
Got the issue! Man, I am on a roll here. :mrgreen: And... I honestly don't know what to say. This is kind of a weird one. All I can say is for those of you who didn't enjoy issue 20, I don't think this'll really change your mind. But there are some interesting details, like:

Spoiler: show
-The first four Mega Man Game Boy games and Wily Wars all seem to be wrapped up into one story taking place between MM4 and 5. Mega Man V takes place between MM5 and 6.

-The Elf Wars. We see X, Zero and Axl fighting Omega and Weil. Their designs are more streamlined, but X and Zero don't look entirely like their MMZ selves yet.

-Vent, Aile, Grey and Ashe are apparently all canon in the Mega Man ZX timeline.

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:33 am
by TheFatPanda
How does the overall issue end? Like, what's on the last page instead of a next issue preview? Does it reaffirm that it's a hiatus? No?

EDIT: just got it on the Archie App.
Spoiler: show
Ahh...that was the fastest issue I've ever read. A good 80% of it was basically full-page pin-ups with small captions attached.

There's a sweet full-page off-panel with cameos galore, and a nice piece of original art on the final page where the next issue preview usually is.

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:02 pm
by Bean
captainsean wrote:I e-mailed the Archie offices a week ago. They said that any issues in the Mega Man subscription left would automatically be transferred over to Sonic Universe. They even said that for my particular subscription, my remaining issues had actually had already been transferred over to Sonic Universe (not counting the final Mega Man issue).

That's acceptable. Just wish I would've known about the whole situation a little before and not two or three weeks after renewing for two years. Well, 17 issues of Universe is better than 17 issues of nada.

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:01 pm
by Uwaaii
I haven't got the issue yet but my word on the preview...

Why in the world are they making a time machine, I thought that was Wily's job. And I laughed at the last page, it looks like he's actually seeing the pinup with Wily floating on the top, Kalinka and Blues on the opposite, and all the robot masters surrounding Megaman. "What am I seeing?" indeed.

lalalei2001 wrote:This is going to be painful to read. Dr. Light needs all the hugs.

He's not going to remember it anyway like Megaman didn't in that one issue. Part of me say he deserves to see the reality and consequence of his "dream".

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:46 pm
by Ryannumber1gamer
Uwaaii wrote:I haven't got the issue yet but my word on the preview...

Why in the world are they making a time machine, I thought that was Wily's job. And I laughed at the last page, it looks like he's actually seeing the pinup with Wily floating on the top, Kalinka and Blues on the opposite, and all the robot masters surrounding Megaman. "What am I seeing?" indeed.

lalalei2001 wrote:This is going to be painful to read. Dr. Light needs all the hugs.

He's not going to remember it anyway like Megaman didn't in that one issue. Part of me say he deserves to see the reality and consequence of his "dream".


It isn't Wily's job. He never created the time machine. The Chronos Institute were the ones who built the time machine, while Wily later broke in and stole it during Wily Wars. Rock of Ages shows this with Rock going into the Institute, which Wily has converted into Wily Tower.

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:12 am
by Uwaaii
Ryannumber1gamer wrote:
Uwaaii wrote:I haven't got the issue yet but my word on the preview...

Why in the world are they making a time machine, I thought that was Wily's job. And I laughed at the last page, it looks like he's actually seeing the pinup with Wily floating on the top, Kalinka and Blues on the opposite, and all the robot masters surrounding Megaman. "What am I seeing?" indeed.

lalalei2001 wrote:This is going to be painful to read. Dr. Light needs all the hugs.

He's not going to remember it anyway like Megaman didn't in that one issue. Part of me say he deserves to see the reality and consequence of his "dream".


It isn't Wily's job. He never created the time machine. The Chronos Institute were the ones who built the time machine, while Wily later broke in and stole it during Wily Wars. Rock of Ages shows this with Rock going into the Institute, which Wily has converted into Wily Tower.

Ah. :wink:

I'm seeing spoiler pictures here and there, but I have a feeling I'm not going to enjoy this issue.
I didn't enjoy the Rock of Ages, and this one seems to be worse.
All the ones I saw were one panel pinups with only some words from Light. It's nice as an artbook, but lame as a comic for me.
It would've been better if they showed a dialogue-less digest comic of characters actually doing something, with Light's narration.
Or maybe there are. When is my coMiC cOmInG????

Also, looking at the panel of MM6 and I can't help but wonder.
Plant man has a sad face, does that mean he doesn't want to fight? is it MM3 all over again? Isn't Wily supposed to, you know, brainwash or reprogram them so they're more willing to fight Megaman?
But I haven't got the issue YET, so I'll just have to wait and see.

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:13 am
by Ryannumber1gamer
Uwaaii wrote:Also, looking at the panel of MM6 and I can't help but wonder.
Plant man has a sad face, does that mean he doesn't want to fight? is it MM3 all over again? Isn't Wily supposed to, you know, brainwash or reprogram them so they're more willing to fight Megaman?r


From what I understand, the way it works is that they don't alter their brain or anything. They still have the same memories, and relationships, but when their programming is altered, they are forced to obey it, even if they hate it. So if Plant Man's programming was altered to "Obey Wily, and destroy Mega Man", he wouldn't like it, but he wouldn't have any choice but to obey it.

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:56 am
by TheFatPanda
@Uwaai: I'll save you the trouble by just telling you...

Spoiler: show
There are a grand total of THREE pages of actual comic in this issue: the opening two (the set-up) and the second to last one (the ending). Everything else is full-page pin-ups with commentary by Dr. Light, and the final one is your standard "life goes on" finale page.

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:16 pm
by Uwaaii
TheFatPanda wrote:@Uwaai: I'll save you the trouble by just telling you...

Spoiler: show
There are a grand total of THREE pages of actual comic in this issue: the opening two (the set-up) and the second to last one (the ending). Everything else is full-page pin-ups with commentary by Dr. Light, and the final one is your standard "life goes on" finale page.

Thank you for the info. I don't hate giant one-panels if its occasional and have more meaningful active context, but :(
There 's still a tiny bit of hope for me to enjoy, but I'll just stop thinking it as a bad comic and look forward to it as a nice artbook.

Ryannumber1gamer wrote:
Uwaaii wrote:Also, looking at the panel of MM6 and I can't help but wonder.
Plant man has a sad face, does that mean he doesn't want to fight? is it MM3 all over again? Isn't Wily supposed to, you know, brainwash or reprogram them so they're more willing to fight Megaman?r


From what I understand, the way it works is that they don't alter their brain or anything. They still have the same memories, and relationships, but when their programming is altered, they are forced to obey it, even if they hate it. So if Plant Man's programming was altered to "Obey Wily, and destroy Mega Man", he wouldn't like it, but he wouldn't have any choice but to obey it.

I know, that's what I'm bothered about.
I already wrote this before, but it frustrated me Wily in the comic isn't doing anything about the robots unwillingness to fight. It's totally interfered with their objective of fighting Megaman, and making even his own creation to willingly get on Light's side. They don't have to be 100% loyal, but he could have at least altered their programming so they will be more willing to or fit to fight Megaman like the MM1 adaption, where all the Light Numbers as enemies were eager to fight. All the robots excluding the 1st DLNs were willing to and enjoying fighting the heroes in World Collide, and right after the MM3 adaption Quickman refused to be reprogrammed with a different personality to "be happy about his new job he doesn't want to do" so it's not that Wily doesn't have a choice.