Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:48 pm

MEGA MAN #55
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Jamal Peppers
Cover: Patrick Spaziante
Variant Cover: Ryan Jampole
THE MEGA-EPIC, MEGA-MOMENTOUS LAST ISSUE OF MEGA MAN BEFORE HIATUS IS HERE! “Everlasting Peace”: When an experiment at the Chronos Institute goes awry, Dr. Light is sent on a journey through time and space! Join us as we follow Mega Man across the ages and learn what it really means to be “Mega Man”! What legacy will the Blue Bomber leave and what will Dr. Light gain from this epic journey? Find out as we take a historic glimpse into the legendary adventures of Mega Man featuring the worlds of Mega Man, Mega Man X and even further beyond for the FIRST TIME EVER with the worlds of Mega Man Zero, Mega Man ZX and Mega Man Legends! Featuring cover art by the legendary Patrick “Spaz” Spaziante and a really rocking “ROCK MAN” variant cover by long-time Mega Man artist Ryan Jampole!
On Sale Date: 11/18 | 32-page, full color comic | $3.99 U.S

Now what do I mean by possible reboot? Well, the comic is going on hiatus, but with the above description, there was also an interview, including Ian talking about a lot of things that he wishes he could have done better such as the payoff for MM4, and Quint and such, but one question really did get me worried about the state of the comic.

CA: Given how many different games and iterations of Mega Man there have been over the years, there’s clearly a lot of room left to explore this character and his world. If the series had continued in its current iteration, where do you think you would have taken Mega Man next?
VL: As far as a road map goes we would continue to our Mega Man 4 adaptation and go in order from there with some twist and side stories in-between.
IF: Aside from tell the entire series up through Mega Man 10? The next logical step would’ve been to take Mega Man X and expound upon it in the same way we’ve explored classic Mega Man. It would’ve been a massive undertaking, but I would’ve loved to chronicle all of the series up through Mega Man Legends.p

It just seems rather odd to mention that this is what they'd do if they were to keep going with the current iteration. But maybe I'm just reading into it wrong. What's your opinions?

Covers and Source: http://comicsalliance.com/mega-man-55-s ... interview/
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:30 pm

I don't think Archie really has a clue to offer, personally. I don't think there's a plan at all, which is why they're tight-lipped.

I think it's obvious that we shouldn't expect things to just pick right up where they left off if the series comes back if that comeback takes a while. Expecting the hiatus to end quickly and for us to go right back to where we left off is just not realistic, IMO. Not with them being so mum about everything, anyway.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby PC the Hedgehog » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:55 pm

Agreed. They keep throwing the word "hiatus" around, but the way they talk sure sounds like they don't expect the series to come back.
PC the Hedgehog
BumbleNoble

Postby akessel92 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:42 pm

Love the cover and my interest in reading this is peaked. However, I have feeling of dread that what has been a good comic is going to be done in by a freaking hiatus. And for what?
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Damo » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:26 pm

Hey Archie, you like kickstarters so much? Do a "save Mega Man" kickstarter. I will throw money at it.

Sigh.
Damo
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:35 pm

Normally I'd be all "Oh, you guys are just overreacting or misreading or something" but yeah that's pretty disheartening.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:52 pm

That interview leans more towards things are ENDING rather than pausing.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Tonberry2k » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:04 pm

If the series comes back in a post-MM10 world with everything established, I'm going to be very disappointed.
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble

Postby EvilEddie » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:05 pm

IF: I’ve been building up to Dr. Cossack’s “uprising” since volume four, so I’m sad we aren’t getting to the pay-off for that in it’s entirety. I was also itching to dive into the Stardroids invasion, and fleshing out Quint. Folks also responded very positively to our original characters, so I would’ve liked to have expanded upon them further.

That seems fairly telling that if the comic comes back (which until I physically have an issue in my hands after the hiatus will I believe) that it's gonna be taking in a different direction. If that's the case it's a shame after so much build up nothing will be done with Mr. X. Are we getting a Lost Robot Tales out this?
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Bean » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:07 pm

I can't say I'd support a reboot at this point, either. Annoyed more people didn't get the comic in the first place, but still, if we go back to do it again or continue at some random point, I'm going to be bummed. Ian's world of Mega Man has been pretty good.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:44 pm

I'm just gonna float the possibility that if anything goes, there's a possibility of a MMX comic. It'd make a lot of sense in a lot of ways (even if I prefer the classic series myself).
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:13 pm

Every time. Every freaking time something happens to Sonic or Mega Man people are just "overreacting" and get shot down for it, only for their predictions to have been true all along. EVERY. TIME. I call it the Archie Cycle.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:12 pm

Given that summary, all i can think is "Poor Dr. Light."
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:03 am

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

I'm going to be so done if the comic is cancelled or if they reboot. Back with Penders, they had no choice but to reboot, but if they do a reboot here?

I might just stop reading Sonic as well, as I am losing faith in the company itself. Its been stringing Ian and the people who enjoy the stuff he rights for the longest time with all sorts of bullcrap, but getting rid of Mega Man or doing some unnecessary reboot is the final straw.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Tonberry2k » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:16 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

I'm going to be so done if the comic is cancelled or if they reboot. Back with Penders, they had no choice but to reboot, but if they do a reboot here?

I might just stop reading Sonic as well, as I am losing faith in the company itself. Its been stringing Ian and the people who enjoy the stuff he rights for the longest time with all sorts of bullcrap, but getting rid of Mega Man or doing some unnecessary reboot is the final straw.

Yeah. Megaman is the best thing they have going right now, and messing with that formula isn't going to help in any capacity. Leave Megaman alone! It's a wonderful series with something to say! It's telling the story of the games in the best possible way! Let it keep going!
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!