Comcept Kickstarters Red Ash, a spiritual successor to MML

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Comcept Kickstarters Red Ash, a spiritual successor to M

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:40 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:I just figured since Mighty No. 9 had a thread here this should too. Sorry ^^;

its not your thought. I don't think MN9 should have a thread in this board either, myself
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Illustrious Q » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:02 pm

Well that's a decision for a Mod to make.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Illustrious Q wrote:Well that's a decision for a Mod to make.

true. I didn't mean to derail the thread for this long, sory.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:19 pm

I'll be honest, I've been kind of torn on having the stuff here, but I let it slide since there didn't seem to be much concern about it.

Informal poll: Do you guys want these two threads moved?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:25 pm

Well, you know I do, but my reasoning is that this is the board for Mega Man discussion. Creatives nowadays are going from their old projects to new things all the time, and we have plenty of threads over on the other boards that show we can still discuss these things while still being on topic. I may be speaking only for myself here, but Red Ash and MN9 are both games that are trying to work off of the popularity of mega man, but have nothing to do with the lore or story of the series, which this board is really about. So Keiji Inafune is making a game based off of Mega Man. Does it affect the comics at all? I wouldn't think so. Why is it in the board about the comics and the franchise the comics are based on?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Sunwalker » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:56 pm

I am fine with leaving the threads here. They are closely enough to Mega Man (i.e. spiritual successors), the threads might go forgotten if moved, and it is not like we are getting a official Mega Man game anytime soon…
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:38 pm

Sunwalker wrote:I am fine with leaving the threads here. They are closely enough to Mega Man (i.e. spiritual successors), the threads might go forgotten if moved, and it is not like we are getting a official Mega Man game anytime soon…

technically, we're getting the collection, and we're getting a cartoon coming up, so there are things Mega Man-related to talk about without resorting to filling the board with tangentially related material.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Dejimon11 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:39 pm

Sunwalker wrote:I am fine with leaving the threads here. They are closely enough to Mega Man (i.e. spiritual successors), the threads might go forgotten if moved, and it is not like we are getting a official Mega Man game anytime soon…

Yeah pretty much this. Not to mention I made the Mighty No.9 Thread almost 2 years ago. Changing it now just seems kinda pointless.
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby Spin » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:20 am

I say leave it. Keiji Inafune is the father/stepfather of Mega Man. And considering Mighty No 9 and Red Ash is heavily inspired by Mega Man, it should get a free pass. Whereas Penders was just hired to write for the Sonic/Knuckles comics and the subject brings negative feelings. When Capcom builds up the Mega Man brand again, then it could be argued to forget about Inafune. Until then Mega Man is a heyday thing.

Though I guess it doesn't really matter, the Mega Man board is as good as dead once the comic well dries up. Legacy is a HD rehash and the cartoon is an ongoing project set for 2017.

Anyways, the campaign is currently slugging along. Hope it continues this pace then it'd be a little over 2.5 mil. Which I don't expect but would like to see.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Penguin God » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:31 am

I am honestly very surprised these worked out, especially when I keep having trouble discerning which Kickstarter is for which project.
Edit: Wait, didn't pan out at all, retracting surprise. At least the 4C one looks like it'll pan out, that's the one I really wanted anyway.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:59 am

So, we're keeping this not mega man stuff on the mega man board because there isn't enough Mega Man stuff to talk about on here? And because a guy who used to work on Mega Man games is making not Mega Man games to capitalize on peoples desires on Mega Man, that's enough reason to have it all on the Mega Man board?

That logic seems backwards, is what I'm saying. It ain't my board, and I'm obviously in the minority, so I'll be alright with the stuff staying, but it just irks me that we're devoting so much time to something that isn't Mega Man on the Mega Man board
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Illustrious Q » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:27 am

Considering that LBD himself reported it on The Mega Man Network, it's related closely enough to Mega Man to warrant discussion in this thread and on these boards.

Which is my opinion, which ultimately doesn't matter much since LBD is making the decision.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:10 pm

Illustrious Q wrote:Considering that LBD himself reported it on The Mega Man Network, it's related closely enough to Mega Man to warrant discussion in this thread and on these boards.

Which is my opinion, which ultimately doesn't matter much since LBD is making the decision.

A fair point. I have been sounding like a broken record recently, but I want to add these two points

1. TMMN has been a site about Mega Man and Mega Man related spin-offs and tangents.

2. This board, and I quote is a
Bumbleking Forums wrote: Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.
. Basically, talking about the Mega Man games is a tangent in itself, as they aren't the comic. We talk about the games and the manga, and all the other bits of Mega Man ultimately to discuss their relationship to the comic
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:25 pm

Penguin God wrote:Edit: Wait, didn't pan out at all, retracting surprise.

based on what? the one for the game has only been out for 2 days and is already a third of the way funded, and currently only has (roughly) a tenth of the backers that Mighty No. 9 had, so there's plenty of time for it to reach the goal. it may not have been fully funded in less than an hour like Yooka-Laylee or Bloodstained or Shenmue 3, but I think it will "pan out"
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Penguin God » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:27 pm

At the time I posted, it hadn't gotten nearly as far. Most all Kickstarters make most of their money in the first and last day, so only getting a fourth of the way there doesn't exactly bode well for it.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!