Mega Man #53 Solicitation and Series End?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #53 Solicitation and Series End?

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:20 pm

I'm still questioning why it's generally assumed that the hiatus means the end of the comic when we have a few issues left, thus allowing time to turn things around sales wise.

Because Mega Man
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Antiyonder » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
I'm still questioning why it's generally assumed that the hiatus means the end of the comic when we have a few issues left, thus allowing time to turn things around sales wise.

Because Mega Man

Maybe so, but the fact that there's still issues left before hiatus/cancellation is a factor that readers should keep in mind.
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Postby EvilEddie » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:54 pm

If they didn't have a few issues how would they have enough issues to fit in the final four part trade?

53,54,55 along with 49 is just enough to make it work.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:35 am

Antiyonder wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

Because Mega Man

Maybe so, but the fact that there's still issues left before hiatus/cancellation is a factor that readers should keep in mind.

The lack of any real clarity doesn't lend itself to optimism.

Plus, you know ... it's Megaman. It's kinda amazing that the comic has lasted this long, but an unceremonious end is true to form for the series. We don't need to get bogged down in pessimism and all, but it's best to keep it real.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby Damo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:19 pm

And the silence-from-on-high does not fill me with hope. I've been buying every issue twice to help sales (one physical, one digital), so it's a bit vexing to think that the problem might not be sales on Mega Man so much as wider problems in the company.
Damo
BumbleKnight

Postby Tylinos » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:30 am

http://comicsalliance.com/sonic-mega-ma ... view-sdcc/

Minor update on the status of Mega Man.

CA: We touched briefly about Mega Man going on hiatus, can you elaborate a little bit more for what that means for the characters in regards to “Worlds Unite,” and if there’s any update on a potential “light at the end of the tunnel” for the future of this series?

VL: Towards the end of “Worlds Unite,” Mega Man is pretty much picking up where he left off from his last adventure. We are building up to something, and you’re definitely going to see the stage set. As for Mega Man #55, we’re going in a little bit of a different direction. I don’t want to give anything away just yet, as it’s kind of super secret right now.

As far as what we’re doing with that series, we’re still planning things out. We might be able to do a little bit more than what we had been doing.

Also:
Vincent Lovallo wrote:Ian Flynn is a mad man.
Last edited by Tylinos on Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby lalalei2001 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:31 am

... I have no idea what that could mean. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Damo » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:32 am

Tylinos wrote:http://comicsalliance.com/sonic-mega-man-worlds-unite-part-seven-recap-interview-sdcc/

Minor update on the status of Mega Man.

CA: We touched briefly about Mega Man going on hiatus, can you elaborate a little bit more for what that means for the characters in regards to “Worlds Unite,” and if there’s any update on a potential “light at the end of the tunnel” for the future of this series?

VL: Towards the end of “Worlds Unite,” Mega Man is pretty much picking up where he left off from his last adventure. We are building up to something, and you’re definitely going to see the stage set. As for Mega Man #55, we’re going in a little bit of a different direction. I don’t want to give anything away just yet, as it’s kind of super secret right now.

As far as what we’re doing with that series, we’re still planning things out. We might be able to do a little bit more than what we had been doing.

"More than what we had been doing"? What? What does that mean? Wha...? So... cancelled but stringing it out longer? Saved? Saved with X as a backup? What?

THAT JUST RAISES FURTHER QUESTIONS!
Damo
BumbleKnight

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:57 am

I hope it's the X thing, As I said a few times, they could add like ten pages and they could tell a 15 page classic story and a 15 page X story in the same book. Archie might charge an extra buck or two, but hey we would be getting an ongoing X, plus getting two stories in one book like that feels like something special. You don't see many comic that do something like that and Mega Man as a whole is one of franchise is one of the few things leen it's self to working in an anthology series because there are so many things, timelines and worlds that could be and need to be told.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:47 am

I don't know if splitting the comic 15 by 15 will actually benefit either series. Less time for character development, less time for action ... sometimes the comic can get pretty predictable and I don't know if that'll help.

But it's good that the attitude isn't "the comic is really never coming back" (even though I kinda doubt they'd actually come out and say that).

To me, it reads like they're going to jump ahead in the timeline rather than adapt the games as they've been doing. Or changing things completely, like Argia did. To make it more their own, rather than an adaptation of the games.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby Frontier » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:10 pm

But I've always enjoyed and looked forward to the game adaptions...and it's not like doing them has prevented the comics from expanding on the games or doing original content. And right before we got to Mega Man 4 to boot :cry: .
Frontier
BumbleFan

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:51 pm

Yeah, I don't think we will get a time jump. I mean, for what? Flynn would just do something similar to Shadow Fall (Sonic Universe 59-62), a sorta adaptation/sorta sequel to those games.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:41 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:Yeah, I don't think we will get a time jump. I mean, for what? Flynn would just do something similar to Shadow Fall (Sonic Universe 59-62), a sorta adaptation/sorta sequel to those games.

Well, we are missing Bass, a very popular character. And it would basically free him up from doing game adapts. That's basically the only reason I can think of going that route.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:52 pm

Well the biggest reason I could the comic jumping ahead and forgoing the game adaptions, could be because of the animated series coming up. If the animated series is going to do game adaptions as well the comic series will be swiftly surpassed making any future game adaptions kind of pointless.

That said I was looking forward to seeing Ian's vision on how these events play out, I know some people were hoping that Archie could make some kind of deal or team up with Men of Action. Yeah that's slim but one could hope.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:05 pm

The cartoon comes out two years from now, though.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!