Mega Man #53 Solicitation and Series End?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #53 Solicitation and Series End?

Postby ChaosJam » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:31 pm

Mega Man Series to End with #55
Wha...what is happening?

MEGA MAN #53
The BLUE BOMBER is BACK from the events of "Worlds Unite" and is ready to fight for justice! That's all well and good, if there was actually someone to fight! In "Blue Shift," peace has finally come to Mega Man’s life—but is that a bad thing? Could it be possible that our super fighting robot has come to actually love the battles he was once so opposed to? Meanwhile, Dr. Wily plots something sinister from the shadows, reaching an even newer low for the mad doctor! It’s an extended curtain call as we come to the end of the Mega Man series! Featuring cover art from Jason Piperberg and a BOT UNDER FIRE variant from superstar Thomas Pitilli!

Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Ryan Jampole, Gary Martin, John Workman and Elaina Unger
CVR A Reg: Jason Piperberg
CVR B Variant: Thomas Pitilli
On Sale Date: 9/16
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S
ChaosJam
BumbleNoble

Re: Mega Man #53 Solicitation and Series End?

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:39 pm

Would it be great if a new comic book series that is an another spinoff to the "Sonic the Hedgehog" comics would take the "Mega Man" comics' place? I mean, the title for a new comic book series would be called "Sally Acorn: Freedom Fighter Leader", because it would involve the use of weapons, guns, and also some explosives in it.
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan

Postby Tylinos » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:44 pm

I just... what?

It sounds like it's planned to come back, but still... What?
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby QuantamEdge » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:47 pm

First Boom's cancelled, now Mega Man's put on hiatus? At first I guessed something's screwed up at Archie, but now I'm thinking they're planning new lines post Worlds Unite to make space.
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Postby Gonzo » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:47 pm

Wha? That's...uh...

Ian, are you allowed to tell us what's going on?
Gonzo
BumbleKnight

Postby The KKM » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:48 pm

MarioandSonic999 wrote:Would it be great if a new comic book series that is an another spinoff to the "Sonic the Hedgehog" comics would take the "Mega Man" comics' place? I mean, the title for a new comic book series would be called "Sally Acorn: Freedom Fighter Leader", because it would involve the use of weapons, guns, and also some explosives in it.

No it wouldn't, let people read their Mega Man comics, yeesh
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Meliden » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:48 pm

This was definitely a sudden decision. Ian was really recently talking about covering Mega Man 4.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby SonicSoul » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:50 pm

Well at least it sounds like it's not going the way the Boom comic will go, i.e just a hiatus and not straight-up cancelled, but still, kind of sad news for people like me who legitimately enjoy the comic.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:52 pm

WHAT

THE

ACTUAL

______!

Alright, I think its time I just cancel my Sonic and Sonic universe subscriptions if Archie is just going to Yank Mega Man off with no explanation. Why the heck should I continue to be invested in series they publish if they are just going to cancel them with no real reason behind it?
Last edited by Mavrickindigo on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:53 pm

The KKM wrote:
MarioandSonic999 wrote:Would it be great if a new comic book series that is an another spinoff to the "Sonic the Hedgehog" comics would take the "Mega Man" comics' place? I mean, the title for a new comic book series would be called "Sally Acorn: Freedom Fighter Leader", because it would involve the use of weapons, guns, and also some explosives in it.

No it wouldn't, let people read their Mega Man comics, yeesh

:(
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:57 pm

Oh, Screw This Marvel and DC "Let's Cancel the book for a couple months and then revive it with a new #1" Garbage! :evil:

I try not to get truly viciously angry on here but this news really tick's me off (You guys have no idea how badly I want to swear right now) I hate this practice so much. Let the book run for crying out loud it doesn't need a break.

Ugh. I know I Know "But SBR It's coming back" That's not the point. The point it why end it temporarily at all? Because #1's sell better? Oh, give me a break.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:57 pm

To say this makes me more than a little annoyed is an understatement.

The Mega Man series is quite frankly one of Archie's best, if not the best. If this goes, then I'm quite frankly ready to call Archie complete and utter idiots. Not only is Mega Man regularly praised for his stories, but his popularity is likely going to increase this year thanks to A. Smash Bros, B. Mega Man Legacy Collection, and C. The new cartoon series.

Archie, this better be some kind of misconception or mistake because if you cancel Mega Man, I will use all respect for your company.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:58 pm

Found an interview

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/16/flash-a ... mored-to-/

the idea that this is a "temporary hiatus" bothers me. Why hiatus at all? It's stupid. Look, I've been told "don't worry" by capcom and other people in charge of Mega Man to know that the likelihood that Archie is taking Mega Man around behind the shed with a shotgun in their hands is quite high.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:59 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Found an interview

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/16/flash-a ... mored-to-/

the idea that this is a "temporary hiatus" bothers me. Why hiatus at all? It's stupid. Look, I've been told "don't worry" by capcom and other people in charge of Mega Man to know that the likelihood that Archie is taking Mega Man around behind the shed with a shotgun in their hands is quite high.

Thought that a "Sally Acorn: Freedom Fighter Leader" comic book series would take place after the series ends... But, probably is a hiatus to me...
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan

Postby DudestofGuys » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:01 pm

If I had to make wild assumptions, I'd probably say that spending $320K that wasn't in the company budget just before a major marketing event for the core brand -- along with the poorly implemented Kickstarter campaign it launched to try and recoup these funs cheaply, quickly and effectively failing spectacularly -- miiiight have some bearing on Archie cutting production for the comics that have the least influence on their branding and marketing opportunities.

Maybe. Just a crazy hunch.

Spoiler: show
I get where this is coming from and what a crunch the guys running the show must be in. Sad that things had to get this extreme, but it's better to do this than to cut wages on the freelance workers or something similar. Hope things get a bit more stable soon.
DudestofGuys
BumbleFan

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!