Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Postby Pengi » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:45 pm

SurrealBrain wrote:The Anniversary Collection outdid this.


It had more games, but wasn't well emulated. The aim of Legacy Collection is to give the NES games the best port they've ever had, using an engine that means they don't have to start from scratch every time a new console is released.

Anniversary Collection was like a VHS boxset of the Sean Connery and Roger Moore Bond films. Legacy Collection is more akin to a Blu-Ray set of just the Sean Connery Bond films.
User avatar
Pengi
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:51 pm

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Postby SurrealBrain » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:01 am

Maybe so. Still, I do wish they put in more.
User avatar
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:30 pm

User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:04 pm

...am I the only one who kinda wants a different collection? Like, if they wanted it to be a "Legacy" collection, I think that they should've put all f the first mega man games in a collection, with extra games. So the first classic game, the first X game, first Zero, first Legends, First ZX, first Battle Network, & the first Star Force (okay, maybe putting Star Force on a console collection game might be weird, but still).

Then again, I'd love a Battle Network & Star Force collection on the 3ds one day...
User avatar
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2915
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 5:21 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:05 pm

NxtWaltDisney wrote:...am I the only one who kinda wants a different collection? Like, if they wanted it to be a "Legacy" collection, I think that they should've put all f the first mega man games in a collection, with extra games. So the first classic game, the first X game, first Zero, first Legends, First ZX, first Battle Network, & the first Star Force (okay, maybe putting Star Force on a console collection game might be weird, but still).

Then again, I'd love a Battle Network & Star Force collection on the 3ds one day...


Except that almost all of those run on different hardware, while this collection seems to be taking specific advantage of all those under one console.

Not to mention that Legends hasn't been re-released already due to some sort of licensing shenanigans...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
User avatar
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite
 
Posts: 10987
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:19 pm
Location: Balloon Fight Arena

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:55 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
NxtWaltDisney wrote:...am I the only one who kinda wants a different collection? Like, if they wanted it to be a "Legacy" collection, I think that they should've put all f the first mega man games in a collection, with extra games. So the first classic game, the first X game, first Zero, first Legends, First ZX, first Battle Network, & the first Star Force (okay, maybe putting Star Force on a console collection game might be weird, but still).

Then again, I'd love a Battle Network & Star Force collection on the 3ds one day...


Except that almost all of those run on different hardware, while this collection seems to be taking specific advantage of all those under one console.

Not to mention that Legends hasn't been re-released already due to some sort of licensing shenanigans...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

can't they just erase the offending things?
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Postby Gonzo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:26 pm

They probably could with their own collections and whatnot (IIRC that's what the PSP re-release did); it's Sony's requirements for PS1 Classics (no alterations) that have kept MML1 off of that particular service.
User avatar
Gonzo
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:09 am

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Postby lalalei2001 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:39 pm

As far as MM7/8 goes, those are also game engines disparate from MM1-6, and that'd be too much to put in a downloadable game like this, especially with the Challenge Mode. (Plus the graphical differences.)
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Postby EvilEddie » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:53 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:can't they just erase the offending things?


Possibly but they couldn't do so for PSN, Sony requires for their PSN services the game to be completely unedited and unchanged so not really. It's the reason for instance Castlevania Symphony Of the Night isn't on PSN, they lost the rights to the credits theme years later. Microsoft doesn't have this requirement so they did release an XBOX Live version with the credits theme replaced.
User avatar
EvilEddie
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:01 am

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:08 am

Yeah, we don't know what precisely is the snag; everything so far has just been theory.

Maybe Corey Sevier had a tighter contract than the others. =P

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
User avatar
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite
 
Posts: 10987
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:19 pm
Location: Balloon Fight Arena

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Postby lalalei2001 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:04 pm

The games in the Mega Man collection are being re-coded entirely, not emulated. Maybe they'll finally fix the poorly-coded floating platforms in MM1. You know, the ones you could fall straight through XD
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Postby OncleSam » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:08 pm

Wow, I was actually getting psyched about this. After reading the crossovers and some of the Mega Man comics, I stumbled upon the trailer and I told myself " this could be a great opportunity to start the game series ". I only remember seeing a friend playing MMX5-6-7 on his playstation like 10 years ago thinking it was pretty cool.

But now I'm seeing everybody being catty about this because there are only the first 6 games. Making me reconsider.

But I guess if it sells well they will do a Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 with MM6-10 and then maybe Mega Man X Legacy Collection ?
User avatar
OncleSam
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:59 pm
Location: France

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:47 pm

Six games that normally run $5 apiece for half the price with a ton of bonus content makes wanting even more just a bit nitpicky.

If I remember reading right, part of this is a preservation thing and it seems that they're doing the first six because they're all NES games and can all run from the same sort of source. Add in 7, 8, 9, and 10, and you're adding three different sets of hardware to deal with.

Maybe if they were going to do something that costs twice as much for retail, but maybe that wasn't in the budget?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
User avatar
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite
 
Posts: 10987
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:19 pm
Location: Balloon Fight Arena

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Postby Spin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:59 pm

OncleSam wrote:Wow, I was actually getting psyched about this. After reading the crossovers and some of the Mega Man comics, I stumbled upon the trailer and I told myself " this could be a great opportunity to start the game series ". I only remember seeing a friend playing MMX5-6-7 on his playstation like 10 years ago thinking it was pretty cool.

But now I'm seeing everybody being catty about this because there are only the first 6 games. Making me reconsider.

If you have never played a Mega Man game, I'd recommend buying this. Unless you are someone who has to own physical copies of games. Especially if you aren't from North America, as the Anniversary Collection was only released over here. People complaining about Legacy are the fans who have already played the games to death and are craving something new after the long Mega Man drought. But for your first experience and at $14.99, it's a pretty sweet deal. Making each game worth $2.50.

OncleSam wrote:But I guess if it sells well they will do a Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 with MM6-10 and then maybe Mega Man X Legacy Collection ?

Doubtful for the reason LBD already said. Mega Man 7 was for the SNES. Mega Man 8 for the PlayStation/Saturn. While Mega Man 9 and 10 were for different virtual consoles though are still relatively new. It'd be too much work unless they charge more for such a collection. Why I could probably see Mega Man X1-X3 or Mega Man X4-X6 as a possible project.
User avatar
Spin
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Postby OncleSam » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:04 am

Well then I'll definitely give it a grab ! Steam didin't show the price but for 15 I'll go for it ! Thanks for the tips :)
User avatar
OncleSam
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:59 pm
Location: France

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron