Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:04 pm

I think it's because 7 and 8 were for the SNES and Saturn/PS1, respectively. Brett Elston said something about Virtual Console rereleases of 8 being impossible on Nintendo systems because it wasn't originally for a Nintendo system.

Also 7 had those FX chip graphics that are impossible to emulate on any other system XD
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Super Rayzor » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:13 pm

Hmm, then how were 7 & 8 able to be put on the Anniversary Collection for the Gamecube? Speaking of which, I still have it and a working Gamecube as well as beating all the games, including the arcade games, so I'll pass on this. If it had MM8, or some kinda enhanced, style graphics or better extras I probably would have bought it!
Super Rayzor
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:28 pm

7's Anniversary collection emulation couldn't emulate the ending credits, so that's why they were blank instead of showing Mega Man walking away from Wily's exploding fortress. I think it also had significant slowdown when you used Scorch Wheel in the woods.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:37 pm

It also screwed with the sound in Mega Man 8. Th elast 4 robot masters had their voices uped in pitch
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Super Rayzor » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:50 pm

However, I would not consider either of these gamebreaking.
Super Rayzor
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:08 pm

Not to mention with how much of the games they seemed to have changed with add those new features. That and I'm not sure a downloadable game can handle working three different game engines file, program or whatever.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:13 pm

Megaman X2, X3, and X4 were ported to cell phones. The anniversary collection screwed up: no excuses!

I have a feeling these guys only had technology to port NES games. But that's still so very, VERY lame. This would have been good decent if it included 7-10. As it stands it has a couple unique features, but it's just the same old same old. Even the art they showed was from R20.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby Spin » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:17 am

It's something I guess... Pretty lame bells and whistles though.

What they should have done was include RockBoard in the collection if they just wanted to focus solely on NES games as that would at least bring something new to the table.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Meliden » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:39 am

Spin wrote:What they should have done was include RockBoard in the collection if they just wanted to focus solely on NES games as that would at least bring something new to the table.

According to one of the dev's Twiiter accounts, they couldn't get a hold of an English version of that.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:13 am

Meliden wrote:
Spin wrote:What they should have done was include RockBoard in the collection if they just wanted to focus solely on NES games as that would at least bring something new to the table.

According to one of the dev's Twiiter accounts, they couldn't get a hold of an English version of that.

That doesn't sound right, sprites like the cards are in English,

Japanese games tend to use secondary English alphabet so the assets for English text should there if they go into the rom. The company's name (Capcom) is spelt in English forgod sake so it as to be there. It's just an issue of getting an official translation and replacing the text then. People do this all the time, to say there is no English version is just lazy.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:55 am

ReifuTD wrote:
Meliden wrote:

That doesn't sound right, sprites like the cards are in English,

Japanese games tend to use secondary English alphabet so the assets for English text should there if they go into the rom. The company's name (Capcom) is spelt in English forgod sake so it as to be there. It's just an issue of getting an official translation and replacing the text then. People do this all the time, to say there is no English version is just lazy.

Yeah, that's a lame excuse. There is no English version - you gotta bring something actually NEW tot he table and translate it. There's a fan translation, but no official one.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby SurrealBrain » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:41 am

The Anniversary Collection outdid this.

I'll buy the collection anyways to support the franchise...but seriously.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:45 pm

The new engine has me curious, but I would seriously wait to see if it totally breaks the games or not
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby N'egga Man » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:53 pm

I... honestly don't see much of a reason for me to buy this. I mean, I've already got all six games (5 on the 3DS, and 'Powered Up' on PSP) and the extra features aren't exactly interesting me either. Plus, if I did get it, I feel like I'd only end up playing about half of it (namely MM2, MM4 & MM6) and not the others. But that's just me.
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

Postby ShadowBat20 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:00 pm

I'll stick to the Mega Man Anniversary Collection. Still, it's cool that Capcom is doing something with Mega Man.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!