Yellow Devil: BUMO!

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Yellow Devil: BUMO!

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:59 am

I find YD persona to be a little funny. In games he's one of the most recognisable and recurring characters and his fight in Megaman 1 is one of the hardest in history.

But in comics? Yucky Dude is a joke, pushed into stories only to fill the quota. He appeared 4 times already, but he was always dealt quickly to focus on more important characters. I actually would prefer if Flynn removed him from those stories and give him time somewhere else (example: use him in Mega Man powered up adaptation instead of this stupid water bot. Or keep Ra Thorn as final boss and leave Ra Devil in case you want to return Ra Moon one day.) Or even make him separate character from Willy.

And what do you guys think?
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Re: Yellow Devil: BUMO!

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:13 am

I'd really like to see the comic show a the practical use for a Yellow Devil. :(hearty laughter): I'm a little shocked we haven't seen any Robot Master inspired by the Yellow Devil.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:04 am

He's dealt with too easily, but I wouldn't want to see him removed entirely. Otherwise he just wouldn't appear and that'd be a waste.

Unfortunately, just due to the nature of the adaptation, some characters and concepts just aren't going to be as fleshed out as we'd like.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby Penguin God » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:53 pm

I really liked the Yellow Devil story in Ariga's manga, but I'm unsure how much you can really do with the character. I don't enjoy seeing it in Wily Castles as it usually wastes page space, but a story where it has more room to be a real threat could be cool. The Chaos Devil from Collide was fun, after all.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:11 pm

Penguin God wrote:The Chaos Devil from Collide was fun, after all.

Would be more fun if had more than 1/3 of the issue for himself. I mean, how do you make 12 part crossover and don't have enough space for this? Was fight with Megaman Killers really necessary? Heck, Genesis Unit had more time then he did!
He would make a sweet mid-boss in issue 8 instead.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Damo » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:12 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:I find YD persona to be a little funny. In games he's one of the most recognisable and recurring characters and his fight in Megaman 1 is one of the hardest in history.

Bumo! :D

MetalSkulkBane wrote:But in comics? Yucky Dude is a joke, pushed into stories only to fill the quota. He appeared 4 times already, but he was always dealt quickly to focus on more important characters.

Bumo... :(

Gauntlet101010 wrote:Unfortunately, just due to the nature of the adaptation, some characters and concepts just aren't going to be as fleshed out as we'd like.

Bumo. :|

Penguin God wrote:The Chaos Devil from Collide was fun, after all.

Bumo! :(hearty laughter):
Damo
BumbleKnight

Postby Penguin God » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:13 pm

I didn't really have a problem with his page space. He was really big and threatening, and then Duo the space robot paladin (a concept I adore for its sincere ludicrousness) comes in to save the day. It was simple but effective, which was way more than the regular Yellow Devils could say.

The Mega Man Killers was totally necessary, I loved that.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Return to For Everlasting Peace!