The Obscure Mega Man Characters thread

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: The Obscure Mega Man Characters thread

Postby Uwaaii » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:03 am

Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Uwaaii wrote:It would be nice if Archie can either include her, which is unlikely, or at least create a character with a similar role as her. Not saying they should copy, but it sounds like a good idea for Wily to have an assistant robot of some sort. She could be something like a rival for Roll, fulfill the “disguise as human to do work for Wily” mentioned in another post, and maybe allow some development in Bass.

Isn't that W. Waltz? If so, Archie could elect to use her (and I fully expected them too after introducing Madamme Y; W.W. is the main focus of the art, not Y, after all).

Whoops, forgot about her. I guess I got carried away, sorry W.Waltz.

Got a little too excited because there was finally a evil girl character with some basic character profile. There was little to no information about W.Waltz except for her physical appearance and that she works under Wily. But most likely we'll be seeing W.W. in the comics with maybe a little change in her design. Piano is Ariga's character so we'll certainly not see her, but I do wish Archie can put in some of her characteristic into W.W.

It is interesting though, how both characters were created as Wily's version of Roll but have different concepts.
W.Waltz's design is obviously based on Roll but with different hairstyle and colors. She has weapons on her finger, jet packs under her skirt, and an electric cord tail in an alternate design. Piano looks completely like a maid with the long dress and head thing. She doesn't have any combat abilities like Roll except "gadgets", whatever that means. W.W. looks like an actual "rival" or "evil" version of Roll, while Piano is totally different from Roll like how Bass was based on Megaman yet have a bulkier and flashier design.
Uwaaii
BumbleFan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:08 am

Uwaaii wrote:Got a little too excited because there was finally a evil girl character with some basic character profile. There was little to no information about W.Waltz except for her physical appearance and that she works under Wily. But most likely we'll be seeing W.W. in the comics with maybe a little change in her design. Piano is Ariga's character so we'll certainly not see her, but I do wish Archie can put in some of her characteristic into W.W.

It happens, my friend. As for not seeing Piano, I'm a bit more skeptical-true Hitoshi Ariga created her, but from his response to me I gather that he may not hold the rights to her. I could be wrong of course, but that's what I drew from it.

Unfortunately, my inquiry to Ian regarding such matters as the use of characters from different franchises didn't yield anything. Given the comic's upcoming hiatus, he feels that it's a moot point for the time being and didn't want to delve into it. Hopefully when (if?) the comic kicks up again we'll be able to find out more.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Uwaaii » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:53 pm

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:
Uwaaii wrote:Got a little too excited because there was finally a evil girl character with some basic character profile. There was little to no information about W.Waltz except for her physical appearance and that she works under Wily. But most likely we'll be seeing W.W. in the comics with maybe a little change in her design. Piano is Ariga's character so we'll certainly not see her, but I do wish Archie can put in some of her characteristic into W.W.

It happens, my friend. As for not seeing Piano, I'm a bit more skeptical-true Hitoshi Ariga created her, but from his response to me I gather that he may not hold the rights to her. I could be wrong of course, but that's what I drew from it.

Unfortunately, my inquiry to Ian regarding such matters as the use of characters from different franchises didn't yield anything. Given the comic's upcoming hiatus, he feels that it's a moot point for the time being and didn't want to delve into it. Hopefully when (if?) the comic kicks up again we'll be able to find out more.

I think he can't reveal any information about her just because she's in the newest released book-he can't spoil the context online if he wants to sell them.

And yeah, it's a pretty bad timing to ask. Megaman is going to be in a hiatus and Ian should be very busy sorting things out. I don't know if we should ask him directly-I personally prefer keeping this to discussing in the forums-or just chill and see what they will do, but wither way we should wait until everything settles down.
Uwaaii
BumbleFan

Postby The KKM » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:23 pm

Sorry for the bump, but it's somewhat relevant- recently tweeted at Ariga to confirm if Piano has any colours, he says no since he drew her for a manga, no colours, there, etc.

For the record, this was the conversation, the question in Machine-translated Japanese and the answer in real Japanese which we're machine-translating back :V

The KKM wrote:有賀さん、こんにちは!私はすべてのエラーのために申し訳ありませんが、日本を、書くために[グーグル]を使用しています。あなたは[Gigamix]から[ピアノ]に決定何色を教えてください?

Ariga-san, hello! I'm sorry for any errors, but I'm using [Google] to write in Japanese. Can you please tell me what color you decided for [Piano] from [Gigamix]?

I then added this image, just in a desperate attempt to have the message understood even if the text was garbled

The response:

Hitoshi Ariga wrote:ピアノは白黒でしかデザインをしていないので、彼女のカラーは特に決まっていません。 なので、キャライメージに合わせてお好きなカラーにしてください。 私個人的には、ピアノには、か弱い、儚い、というイメージを持っています。

Since the piano is not the design only in black and white, her color is not particularly determined. So, please your favorite color to match the character image. I personally, on the piano, weak, I have an image ephemeral, that.

So yeah, as far as I can understand, that's a "I never decided a colour for her, do what you want".

Now I'll be left pondering for ages what her colours might be :V Uwaaii's attempt is nice but a bit too monochromatic for me.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Uwaaii » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:27 pm

The KKM wrote:Sorry for the bump, but it's somewhat relevant- recently tweeted at Ariga to confirm if Piano has any colours, he says no since he drew her for a manga, no colours, there, etc.

For the record, this was the conversation, the question in Machine-translated Japanese and the answer in real Japanese which we're machine-translating back :V

The KKM wrote:有賀さん、こんにちは!私はすべてのエラーのために申し訳ありませんが、日本を、書くために[グーグル]を使用しています。あなたは[Gigamix]から[ピアノ]に決定何色を教えてください?

Ariga-san, hello! I'm sorry for any errors, but I'm using [Google] to write in Japanese. Can you please tell me what color you decided for [Piano] from [Gigamix]?

I then added this image, just in a desperate attempt to have the message understood even if the text was garbled

The response:

Hitoshi Ariga wrote:ピアノは白黒でしかデザインをしていないので、彼女のカラーは特に決まっていません。 なので、キャライメージに合わせてお好きなカラーにしてください。 私個人的には、ピアノには、か弱い、儚い、というイメージを持っています。

Since the piano is not the design only in black and white, her color is not particularly determined. So, please your favorite color to match the character image. I personally, on the piano, weak, I have an image ephemeral, that.

So yeah, as far as I can understand, that's a "I never decided a colour for her, do what you want".

Now I'll be left pondering for ages what her colours might be :V Uwaaii's attempt is nice but a bit too monochromatic for me.

Thanks for the update, KKM!

I was trying to make her black and silver to match Bass's black and yellow=gold, but now you mention it, her coloring IS TERRIBLE.
Looks like I need to learn more about coloring.But I'll keep the current version in my signature cuz I'm too lazy. :P
Wonder how Archie'll color it if given the opportunity?
Uwaaii
BumbleFan

Postby DabigRG » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:54 pm

I guess all the Waltz and Piano discussion was appropriate given my question:
While searching threw the Megaman wiki a while back, I found a third evil!Roll type character who's associated image had a slightly older girl with purple hair in a ponytail-type style, who barely resembled a robot much like how Roll doesn't, and was apparently from some obscure party/board/computer game, where she was up against Roll herself. I recall typing in her name(which was something like Rhythm, Timpani, or some other obscure instrument/musical term) on google images and the only other match was for a Deviantart picture depicting her alongside Bass with the description referencing her obscurity.

As luck would have it, when I attempted to find the page again on the Megaman wiki, I had a hard time searching for it(though the obnoxious slowdown-causing ads didn't help). Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:24 am

Kind of late to chip in, but *shrugs*

http://www.rockmanpm.com/?p=doujin/rock ... ushuu/boss

The only other "Anti-Roll" I can think of is Piano from Rockmen R, a fan game that was sold in stores for a short amount of time before Capcom put it on ice. She's a fan character, but .... maybe her?

There've been a lot of fan characters in Megaman, so if it isn't Piano it's probably some other fan creation.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!