The Obscure Mega Man Characters thread

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

The Obscure Mega Man Characters thread

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:41 pm

As you might guess from the name, this thread exists so we can discuss-and possibly find more information on-obscure Mega Man characters. First up:

Piano
I myself only recently learned of this highly obscure character from fellow forum user Uwaaii. She is apparently a scrapped female character intended for inclusion in Mega Man Megamix by her creator, Hitoshi Ariga, but for some reason never used-rather like Rhythm of the Mega Man NT Warrior Manga. Apparently a villainous Robot Master, she was intended to partner up with Bass to give him his own equivalent to the Mega Man-Roll relationship. However, both Uwaaii and I have had trouble finding any information about her online, and so far my attempts to contact Mr. Hitoshi for more information haven't yielded anything.

Anybody else heard anything about her? And are there any characters you've heard about but can't find any information on? Feel free to post.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Re: The Obscure Mega Man Characters thread

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:56 pm

Lets See,

Glue Man was a scraped Robot master for first game,

Wultz was a female that worked for Wily I think she was either from an obscure game or the Dreamwave series maybe both.

Origami Man was a joke character for a Archie Mega Man's off panel but honestly I think he would make a really good Robot Master because paper wraps rock. How the heck have we gone this many games and not have had a paper theme RM?

There are some Mega Man PC games that had their own robot masters some with names that later get used for more well know masters.

First PC game has

Sonic Man
Volt Man
Dyna Man

Second PC Game witch is call Mega Man 3 has

Bit Man
Shark Man
Torch Man

and it's own versions of

Wave Man
Oil Man
Blade Man

Mega Man and Bass 2 for the Wonderswan has

Dangan Man
Konro Man
Aircon Man
Komuso Man
Clock Men
Compass Man

There's some game called Rockman strategy that has Consolation Droids that are zodiac themed.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:00 pm

I really like the Ruby-Spears cartoon's characters, especially girls like the cosmetic robot, Cheerbot, Doris the maid, and humans like Tina McIntyre, Mary, Ms. Lapierre, Evelyn Ray, and others. I get the feeling that if an X cartoon was and there would have been more humans besides Dr. Cain.

Also, this is Rhythm. She was meant to be ProtoMan.EXE's girlfriend simply because he didn't have one. XD

EDIT: Waltz was from the same fan art piece that had Madame Y, who worked for Wily in that. It also had some blonde haired lady.

http://kobun20.interordi.com/wp-content ... kmanH2.jpg
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby EvilEddie » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:30 pm

ReifuTD wrote:Glue Man was a scraped Robot master for first game,

Wultz was a female that worked for Wily I think she was either from an obscure game or the Dreamwave series maybe both.

You mean Bond Man and Waltz (also known as W. Waltz).

Besides the three robot masters from Dreamwave's short lived comic pretty much all the more obscure stuff's for Classic anyways been mentioned already in this thread unless you want to go into other rejected Robot Master ideas like Honey Woman, Ocean Man and other various Mega Man 9 prototypes.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Tcat » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Really? No love for this guy? I've heard him called "Return X" and "IX", but we always just called him Ikusu based on the Katakana of his Japanese name >.> He was in the Rockman Remix manga and that weird card game, Mega Mission.

I have so many fond memories of my RP characters getting mauled by this sadistic little ...uh... poop he's probably become one of my favourites of the series.

The only thing I could find mentioning Piano was from some weird, unofficial PC game o_0 http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Rockmen_R ... nterattack

And ... "Honeywoman"? Really? Thank gods they didn't go with that.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:45 pm

Well, bees make honey!

lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:55 pm

I like the name Honey

I'd love to See Archie intergreat the production sketches of MM9 and 10, or anything else from any other game production that can be found.

Actually for the MM9 adapt,

Spoiler: show
All of those Robot had to be decommissioned by law, so replacement had built for their jobs.

Honey Woman replaces Hornet Man
Cement Man replaces Concrete Man
Ocean Man replaces Splash Woman
and so on...

So after the events of MM9 maybe the robots don't have to be shut down but they have no jobs because they where replaced.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mordum » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:40 am

Tcat wrote:Really? No love for this guy? I've heard him called "Return X" and "IX", but we always just called him Ikusu based on the Katakana of his Japanese name >.> He was in the Rockman Remix manga and that weird card game, Mega Mission.

So what's this guy's deal? I LOVE weird one off tie-in media characters like this. Is he just X or is there something else about him?

Also, I feel like the only Robot Master who really deserves his own Sonic Universe style mini is Honus Wagner Card Man.

Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:30 am

lalalei2001 wrote:I really like the Ruby-Spears cartoon's characters, especially girls like the cosmetic robot, Cheerbot, Doris the maid, and humans like Tina McIntyre, Mary, Ms. Lapierre, Evelyn Ray, and others. I get the feeling that if an X cartoon was and there would have been more humans besides Dr. Cain.

Also, this is Rhythm. She was meant to be ProtoMan.EXE's girlfriend simply because he didn't have one. XD

EDIT: Waltz was from the same fan art piece that had Madame Y, who worked for Wily in that. It also had some blonde haired lady.

That Rhytm looks familiar. Is anyone using her as a avatar here?

Also I would prefer if they used Honey Woman instead of Hornet Man, or at very least used one of his other designs http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Hornet_Ma ... oncept.jpg
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:08 am

lalalei2001 wrote:

That's not fan art.

I could probably list a TON of really obscure characters all at once (they're kind of my thing), but how about Fan from Rockman Strategy?

The game has a lot of new Robot Masters called the Constellation Droids and is a tactics game that's probably a lot more fun if you can read Chinese. Fan himself though is disappointing since he doesn't get any lines. (He's right on the box, so WTF?) Still, I really like his look.

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Rockmen_R ... nterattack
Piano is part of a fan game that was sold in-stores until it was pulled.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:02 am

Side note, I'd like to see the Roll Buster be a thing explored in the comics, it first appears in Marvel VS Capcom there she can make it appear and disappears switching it out with her normal arm. So it's not like it's some big design change thing. A nice nod to the Ruby Spears show would also have it be a multitool thing you know vacuum, saw blade, knife, buffer. Like Roll's arm in that series.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:34 am

ReifuTD wrote:Side note, I'd like to see the Roll Buster be a thing explored in the comics, it first appears in Marvel VS Capcom there she can make it appear and disappears switching it out with her normal arm. So it's not like it's some big design change thing. A nice nod to the Ruby Spears show would also have it be a multitool thing you know vacuum, saw blade, knife, buffer. Like Roll's arm in that series.

Personally I'm not sure if I want Roll to be Mega Woman. I think she can just be Roll.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Tcat » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:17 am

Mordum wrote:So what's this guy's deal? I LOVE weird one off tie-in media characters like this. Is he just X or is there something else about him?

The Megaman Wiki can probably do a better job than I can explaining it since most of what I "know" about the guy comes from RPs I've been in. http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Return_X

TL;DR - He's a viral Reploid that looks similar X (kind of an alter ego) thanks to the Limited Virus running around.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:59 am

MetalSkulkBane wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:Side note, I'd like to see the Roll Buster be a thing explored in the comics, it first appears in Marvel VS Capcom there she can make it appear and disappears switching it out with her normal arm. So it's not like it's some big design change thing. A nice nod to the Ruby Spears show would also have it be a multitool thing you know vacuum, saw blade, knife, buffer. Like Roll's arm in that series.

Personally I'm not sure if I want Roll to be Mega Woman. I think she can just be Roll.

I've haven't really seen anything claiming Roll with a Roll Buster is Mega Woman, Roll with a Roll Buster is just that Roll with a Roll Buster. It's not like she has armor protecting her body like Rock has when he fights, She might not even have the same kind of powerful power core. I really can't see her being sent out into the field to take down Robots like that. Realistically making Roll as OP as Rock is a mistake but the ability to fire off a few pellets and maybe a charge shot if desperate really don't make her any more powerful than anyone else with a good gun.

The now if I remeber Captain N TV series did have Roll as Megawoman

I think I remember hearing their being a Megawoman in Megaman NT Warrior TV series.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:15 pm

ReifuTD wrote:
MetalSkulkBane wrote:

I've haven't really seen anything claiming Roll with a Roll Buster is Mega Woman, Roll with a Roll Buster is just that Roll with a Roll Buster. It's not like she has armor protecting her body like Rock has when he fights, She might not even have the same kind of powerful power core. I really can't see her being sent out into the field to take down Robots like that. Realistically making Roll as OP as Rock is a mistake but the ability to fire off a few pellets and maybe a charge shot if desperate really don't make her any more powerful than anyone else with a good gun.

The now if I remeber Captain N TV series did have Roll as Megawoman

I think I remember hearing their being a Megawoman in Megaman NT Warrior TV series.

Well, she was Megagirl in Cap N and never referred to as Roll at all. Actually, she never fired a buster at all in the episode that featured her and it's up for debate if she even had one. Megagirl's an interesting case as she was developed before anyone knew anything about Roll, except for a visual appearance at the end of MM1; the MM1 manual had no mention of her.

Roll in MvC was not as powerful as Megaman, so there's that to consider. I wouldn't want Roll to take MM's place in the series.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!