MM#49 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: MM#49 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue May 26, 2015 4:42 am

Re: Wily's reveal:

Spoiler: show
Could just make it look like he dies again in WU. Heck, with time travel shenanigans, maybe they figure it was a past version of Wily...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Sciz » Wed May 27, 2015 10:49 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Re: Wily's reveal:

Could just make it look like he dies again in WU. Heck, with time travel shenanigans, maybe they figure it was a past version of Wily...

Here's hoping. My biggest problem with the whole MM3 storyline, ever since Wily got out of jail, is that we've been getting into his head way too much. Even as a long term fan of the series who knows how everything inevitably plays out in the long run, it's narratively unsatisfying to constantly read his inner scheming and see all the background machinations he engages in. He's the villain of the series and he never surprises me, never lets me wonder "huh, maybe this is going to play out a bit differently than I expected."

It's going to absolutely kill MM4 if the reader is aware of Wily's involvement in the plot from the get go, even if the heroes aren't, and even if it is a foregone conclusion.
Sciz
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed May 27, 2015 4:31 pm

Sciz wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:It's going to absolutely kill MM4 if the reader is aware of Wily's involvement in the plot from the get go, even if the heroes aren't, and even if it is a foregone conclusion.

That would be a royal pain.

in other thoughts, Worlds Unite part one contradicts a few very minor things in this issue

1: Dr. Light has electricity, but according to Worlds Unite, the robot masters were relieved to have power back on, implying that they didn't use an alternate energy source until then.
2: Sigma's color is off.

that's about it. It's extremely minor, but it just bothers me
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed May 27, 2015 4:53 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Sciz wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:It's going to absolutely kill MM4 if the reader is aware of Wily's involvement in the plot from the get go, even if the heroes aren't, and even if it is a foregone conclusion.

That would be a royal pain.

in other thoughts, Worlds Unite part one contradicts a few very minor things in this issue

1: Dr. Light has electricity, but according to Worlds Unite, the robot masters were relieved to have power back on, implying that they didn't use an alternate energy source until then.
2: Sigma's color is off.

that's about it. It's extremely minor, but it just bothers me

1. Maybe he has a generator or it's in that giant Underground lab he built Gamma in.

2. That might have been a disconnect between colorists. He's in Silhouette anyway.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby ShinySnivy » Wed May 27, 2015 9:26 pm

I know what I'm about to say sounds completely random, but I really like that Elaina Unger (the colorist) made Shadow Man's skin look tanner that how it looked in his previous appearances. It suits his mysterious ninja persona better. Sorry, don't mind the ramblings of a Shadow Man fangirl. :D
ShinySnivy
BumbleNewbie

Postby Uwaaii » Thu May 28, 2015 3:27 am

Uh, I know the “agree to disagree” thing and it’s useless trying to explain but I just want to reply to this one. Sorry for another longpost here. Very sorry.
MetalSkulkBane wrote:I understand that you're exaggerating because somehow you like it more, but for me their actions were very justified.

Megaman is young and naive, he wants to save everyone. If my mother wanted to take euthanasia I would cry and beg her to change her mind to. He was wrong, but that was just his opinion. He didn't do anything wrong.

As I said in my previous post, there is no right or wrong in how people see death. You crying and begging your mother to not die is not wrong. But your mother is the one going through all the actual pain and struggle from whatever disease or condition she has. You don’t know how your mother feels; you can’t tell her to do something without knowing what she’s going through. What if your mother sees death as a peaceful and painless rest that will save her from all the suffering that will never end? What if your mother wants to save YOU from all the suffering you will have seeing her struggling to stay alive? Will you tearfully accept your mother’s wish so she would at least be happy in her final moments, or will you ignore your mother’s wish and beg her to keep on living? The death-or-life isn’t the important part here; it’s about understanding the other’s choice and reason for that choice.

The problem here is that Rock KNOWS how it feels like to be reprogrammed; he was reprogrammed against his will by Wily to work under him. Would Rock be ok to be reprogrammed into Evil Megaman again? No. If he was told “be Evil again or die” will he still refuse? Yes. Even if he knew his family and friends will cry tears and beg him not to die? Likely. Then what about Quickman? Why would he be considered close-minded or stubborn when their situation is pretty similar? Quickman brought up Evil Megaman because he knew Rock knows how it feels like, asking him “Hey, are YOU seriously telling me THIS is going to save me?” Rock couldn’t provide a decent argument or even one good reason to be reprogrammed after that. Rock knows how it feels. He knows that the the only way to “save” Quickman is to let him keep his old self. But he doesn’t try to accept that. He wants everything to go how he wishes it will: everyone is alive AND happy. If Quickman is deactivated, Rock can't have everyone alive; but he knows that for everyone to be happy he must let Quickman die. So how can he have everyone is both alive and happy? Reprogramming. As he said, “once reprogrammed, you wouldn’t mind”; even if the robot is unsure or unwilling about their work/life, once they are reprogrammed they are programmed to be happy about their work and life. They will never know how they truly feel anymore, but it won’t matter anymore because they are all going to be brainwashed to be happy. Roll didn’t think it was weird, the other robots didn’t see it as weird. Rock didn’t see it as weird either until Quickman reminded him; but he decided to turn away from it because he wanted a “happy” AND “living” Quickman.

Rock was trying to prevent Quickman from dying isn't wrong (or right) by itself; but the fact that Rock KNEW how it feels to be reprogrammed, hated and suffered being reprogrammed, is not willing to go through that experience again, realize that Quickman is in the same situation, and yet trying to persuade Quickman to accept the offer for his own interest anyway is what I’m talking about “wrong”. Young and naïve is a flaw. It’s not something to justify a wrong action, it’s something to enforce the fact they are wrong. Because he is built to think like a young and naïve boy, he refused to acknowledge the truth and abandoned the important role of empathizing with Quickman and possibly being his friend, because he tried so hard to fulfill an impossible dream. And he’s not “bad” for doing that; it’s a good negative trait that makes him suffer either unnecessarily or because he makes a “wrong” decision, balancing out his positive traits.

ReifuTD wrote:If I had to guess why none of the Robot Masters seem to have a human alt mode is that they are not as domestic as Rock and Tempo. Who wants a bulky armor clade robot hovering around your home when you are trying to relax. Even for working bots given some a human alt mode would be nice. I assume they don't work 24/7 and they are being that have hobbies and like to have fun. Perhaps would like to go with human friends and coworks with out drawing attention.

On the Wily side of things having some robots that can take a human alt mode would be vey useful for him. Wily is always pretty much is wanted by police so it's not like he could walk into the nearest town and buy supplies possible for him. Armor clade robots walking back and forth into town may also draw unwanted attention. Robots passing as humans can pretty much slip in and out anywhere. Even if a Robot Master's existence become public like from an attack or something doesn't mean their human identity is known. Even to us readers witch could make for some very interesting reveals.

Rock and Tempo were not given human alt modes. They were given a combat/geological surveying alt mode, the other way around. They were originally created as household/children robots that's supposed to live with humans, and are supposed to stay like that. They were given alt. modes because they, specifically and not any other robot, needed to convert to a fighting/working robot (Rock because Wily, Tempo because of financial problems) but only temporarily so they can still serve their primary function as household robots/children. The other robots like Crashman were built for specific labor/combat and nothing else; they all don't need human modes because they're not supposed to need them. I don’t think they would be given human alt modes unless there is a very important reason for Wily to choose one of them to convert; it would make more sense if Crash/Needle/Spark were simply given hands while Wily made a completely new Human-looking robot for that purpose.

I’m not really fond of RM gijinka/personifications because of so many reasons; I would prefer to see one of the OCs drawn by the official artists or an Archie original character taking that role.
Uwaaii
BumbleFan

Postby DoNotDelete » Thu May 28, 2015 4:13 am

Okay, I finally got around to reading this.

Cover:

Edwin Huang's standard cover is absolutely beautiful, I'd like to see more of his art. It's just a shame that some key elements of the cover art are obscured by the title block and barcode block.

Story:

Nice to see some actual debate about robots being brought into the story - though I appreciate this isn't the first time this has happened. I recently had some recommendations via PM so I went back and skimmed over 'Spiritus Ex Machina' and I can see there are some considerable arguments in there between Dr. Light and Dr. Lalinde about machines/robots having souls - many of these arguments orbiting Dr. Lalinde's creation 'Tempo/Quake Woman'. So - fallability of my memory aside - Ian has been trying to inject some robot debates into this comic here and there. Credit where it is due. It wouldn't hurt for the comic to revisit these arguments now and again though - just because these debates have been brought up in previous issues it doesn't mean the comic can't come back to them later via a different slant.

I liked that Quick Man made a stand about his desire not to be reprogrammed (I'll ignore that he'd already been 'purged' of his Wily programming? - a somewhat awkward/contradictory consideration), to the point even of preferring to be shut down. I suppose Quick Man will return to reiterate these arguments at some point in the future...

To me it seems as if the presently 'decommissioned' Robot Masters would make an excellent tactical strike espionage/sabotage force. So I'm sure they'll make a comeback when Dr. Wily is to be sprung from prison - again.

Gemini Man and Crash Man feeling at a loose end - I don't know how I feel about that. Bomb Man is a demolitions robot - how is Crash Man any different, really? That Gemini Man is 'too experimental' doesn't mean he isn't worth keeping around for purposes of situations that require multi-tasking. These are only minor objections though, I'm not too put out by them.

I was actually convinced of Mega Man's emotional despair in this issue - of his need to resort to tears. I didn't really feel that in the Mega Man 3 adaption - any time Mega Man cried it seemed over-acted/trying to inject emotion into a situation which hardly demanded such a response (unless Ian is trying to play up that Rock is 'just a kid'). Emotional response is sometimes necessary, but I get the feeling that Rock is wandering into 'crybaby/burst into tears at the drop of a hat' territory.

The debates brought up in this issue have improved my opinion of the comic quite a bit - though honestly this is the first time I've had to actually use my brain in the space of nine issues. For me the Mega Man 3 adaption is probably this comic's lowest point. I don't know if Ian was distracted or was more focussed on other projects when he wrote the MM3 adaption, but to me it felt as if Ian sleepwalked through the whole thing. There was very little that felt memorable or significant to the Archie Mega Man chronology (of course the fullness of time may prove me wrong). I'm sure people will disagree with me on my opinions of the MM3 adaption - but I'm perfectly okay with that.

Artwork:

Having previously conversed with Mordum on the suitability of having 'cartoon' characters debate 'serious' issues, I became uncomfortably aware of Jampole's cartoony Mega Man stylings jarring with the difficult nature of the arguments brought to bear in this comic. Jampole's artwork was fine for the most part - especially during the Mr. X/Dr. Wily scenes - but I can see where Mordum is arguing from when cartoony characters with bug-eyed cartoony expressions try to present (somewhat) serious dialogue.

Don't get me wrong - Jampole's artwork is good - but I think maybe the comic needs a more 'serious' artwork style when dealing with more 'serious' debates. Perhaps.

Also I'm not convinced of the 'painterly' colouring style I've seen in the Mega Man comic of late. Cel-shading style colouring is fine for this comic - the painterly style doesn't really jive with hard, black linework and to me it feels as if the artwork is pretending to be more sophisticated than it is.

Overall:

The story was better than anything offered up by the comic for the past half-a-year, the debate that has gone on in this thread is evidence enough of that. The artwork was good in places but patchy in others - but put this down to individual preference/nitpicking if you wish.

Tylinos wrote:In fact, if Future Xander is Mr. X,

I expect that he may very well be with all the time-travelling shenanigans presently going on. I mean if the actual (present) Xander is still in prison(?) then Mr. X is most likely a future version of Xander. Unless of course...

Mr. X turns out to be an analogue/android stand-in for Xander?

Mordum wrote:The moment Rock of Ages is an actual story you have to tell, Xander becomes all too appropriate a nemesis on a thematic level ("BUT LOOOOOORE", whine babies). If Dr. Wily is a dark mirror of Dr. Light's ethics, I feel like Xander is a rather necessary addition because if Dr. Light represents progress, then you need someone to represent regression. It's SUCH a vital part of Light's character that Wily doesn't really reflect that it seems foolish. In a GAME, that's acceptable, but in a comic...

Dr. Light is a man whose head is always stuck in tomorrow, even in the actual future. It only makes that Xander would grow to be a man who so couldn't let go of the past that he had to literally be stuck there even in his old age. And Rock, a rather simple boy who still can't comprehend how important he is, fighting that dark reflection of what his father may do to the world is a pretty great idea.

You've hit the nail on the head. Xander is the antithesis to Dr. Light that Dr. Wily can't even try to be. Xander as a necessary component to the Mega Man story becomes all the more clear when you realise that Dr. Wily - for all intents and purposes - actually has more in common with Dr. Light than a villain/antagonist/antithesis character should ever have. Credit to Ian for identifying this early on and bringing a character like Xander into play (Xander actually appears on the first page of the first Archie Mega Man comic, correct?).

However, Ian has to be careful of not diminishing Dr. Wily's role in the Mega Man story to such point where he becomes a superfluous 'second fiddle' to Xander's ambitions (at least not long-term - it appears as if Wily's current role is playing second fiddle to Xander's ambitions).

Mordum wrote:I really liked that The X Factor didn't just aspire to be a backdoor pilot. I think most people liked that arc just for the novelty of seeing Megaman X, but really? I think it was pretty necessary when it all became said and done, from a storytelling perspective. The most powerful, potent weapon you could give a villain who is based around opposing your progressive optimism is a haunting confirmation of his cynicism - and I'm defining "confirmation" as "selectively interpreted information." Xander getting shot into 20XX or whatever X's time is was my FAVORITE thing about that arc, even if I was less than fond of the Worlds Unite hints that followed...and I think, even then, the Worlds Unite hints probably obscured the meaning of Xander's time travel for a lot of people because people who like all ages entertainment don't really think in terms of thematic structure as much as they think in terms of "DOES PLOT A FLOW INTO PLOT B BASED ON THIS SPECIFIC RUBRIC I DEMAND EVERY STORY TO GO IN."

I have to admit that I took the 'X Factor' to be more of a pilot/introduction to X's future (and/or a possible segue into a spin-off X comic - which sadly never materialised), meaning I gave less significance to/read less into Xander's time travel shenanigans during this arc. In hindsight I can see it was of more significance to building/solidifying Xander's resolve to continue/see through his anti-robot objectives.

I was not a fan of Xander originally - having more of a: "Who the heck is this guy anyway?" opinion about him, but your observations have helped me to better understand and appreciate his role in everything.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Thu May 28, 2015 6:43 am

Uwaaii wrote:Uh, I know the “agree to disagree” thing and it’s useless trying to explain but I just want to reply to this one. Sorry for another longpost here. Very sorry.
MetalSkulkBane wrote:I understand that you're exaggerating because somehow you like it more, but for me their actions were very justified.

Megaman is young and naive, he wants to save everyone. If my mother wanted to take euthanasia I would cry and beg her to change her mind to. He was wrong, but that was just his opinion. He didn't do anything wrong.

As I said in my previous post, there is no right or wrong in how people see death. You crying and begging your mother to not die is not wrong. But your mother is the one going through all the actual pain and struggle from whatever disease or condition she has. You don’t know how your mother feels; you can’t tell her to do something without knowing what she’s going through. What if your mother sees death as a peaceful and painless rest that will save her from all the suffering that will never end? What if your mother wants to save YOU from all the suffering you will have seeing her struggling to stay alive? Will you tearfully accept your mother’s wish so she would at least be happy in her final moments, or will you ignore your mother’s wish and beg her to keep on living? The death-or-life isn’t the important part here; it’s about understanding the other’s choice and reason for that choice.

The problem here is that Rock KNOWS how it feels like to be reprogrammed; he was reprogrammed against his will by Wily to work under him. Would Rock be ok to be reprogrammed into Evil Megaman again? No. If he was told “be Evil again or die” will he still refuse? Yes. Even if he knew his family and friends will cry tears and beg him not to die? Likely. Then what about Quickman? Why would he be considered close-minded or stubborn when their situation is pretty similar? Quickman brought up Evil Megaman because he knew Rock knows how it feels like, asking him “Hey, are YOU seriously telling me THIS is going to save me?” Rock couldn’t provide a decent argument or even one good reason to be reprogrammed after that. Rock knows how it feels. He knows that the the only way to “save” Quickman is to let him keep his old self. But he doesn’t try to accept that. He wants everything to go how he wishes it will: everyone is alive AND happy. If Quickman is deactivated, Rock can't have everyone alive; but he knows that for everyone to be happy he must let Quickman die. So how can he have everyone is both alive and happy? Reprogramming. As he said, “once reprogrammed, you wouldn’t mind”; even if the robot is unsure or unwilling about their work/life, once they are reprogrammed they are programmed to be happy about their work and life. They will never know how they truly feel anymore, but it won’t matter anymore because they are all going to be brainwashed to be happy. Roll didn’t think it was weird, the other robots didn’t see it as weird. Rock didn’t see it as weird either until Quickman reminded him; but he decided to turn away from it because he wanted a “happy” AND “living” Quickman.

Rock was trying to prevent Quickman from dying isn't wrong (or right) by itself; but the fact that Rock KNEW how it feels to be reprogrammed, hated and suffered being reprogrammed, is not willing to go through that experience again, realize that Quickman is in the same situation, and yet trying to persuade Quickman to accept the offer for his own interest anyway is what I’m talking about “wrong”. Young and naïve is a flaw. It’s not something to justify a wrong action, it’s something to enforce the fact they are wrong. Because he is built to think like a young and naïve boy, he refused to acknowledge the truth and abandoned the important role of empathizing with Quickman and possibly being his friend, because he tried so hard to fulfill an impossible dream. And he’s not “bad” for doing that; it’s a good negative trait that makes him suffer either unnecessarily or because he makes a “wrong” decision, balancing out his positive traits.

I understand that Quick Man is right (heck I would do same thing) and I get that Megaman is wrong. But in the end Megaman didn't forced Quick Man to get reprogrammed, so he didn't [url]do[/url] anything wrong. You might be right that I shouldn't torture my mother if she wanted to get euthanasia, but I'm pretty sure that Quick Man wasn't hurt by Megaman's tears.
And like you said, being naive isn't a good thing, but I'm not going to hate Rock for it. He still a kids. I even understand this logic "Sure I didn't liked to be reprogram, but I was reprogram to be evil. You will be changed to be good." He just doesn't understand that Quick Man was born as a weapon and that's who he is. I mean, how do you explain to Rock that robot would want to be a killing machine?
Last edited by MetalSkulkBane on Thu May 28, 2015 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:25 am

Sidenote - I don't think Wily's programming was actually purged from anyone's systems. The robots don't have their special abilities, but that doesn't stop them from being "them." It's not quite the same as reprogramming to do/like a new job.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby DoNotDelete » Thu May 28, 2015 8:53 am

Mega Man definitely makes a reference to purging Dr. Wily's programming from Quick Man's system - second panel, third page: "We disabled your weapon systems in case Dr. Wily's programming wasn't fully purged."

Quick Man was constructed by Dr. Wily as a combat robot from the off. Unless I'm mistaken, surely that means all his programming would have originated from Wily? It's a different situation to the original Light numbers who had their original Light-programmed systems corrupted by invasive Wily programming. So doesn't 'purging Wily's programming' from Quick Man effectively mean erasing everything anyway?

This is confusing. Perhaps it would have been enough to just disable the Wily-originated robots' weapons systems and offer them a chance to be reprogrammed. Mentioning the need to disable Wily programming just confuses/overcomplicates matters.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:01 am

Hm, seems like I was misremembering. Sounds like a case of bad explaining.

Because, yeah, Dr. Wily programmed ALL of these robots (or at least the 2s). So, if we take that statement at face value Quickman should be a total blank slate. They have to just be talking about their weapon systems, otherwise nothing about the conversation makes sense. Well, that's something else to ask Ian about.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby Sunwalker » Thu May 28, 2015 9:51 am

Uwaaii wrote:As I said in my previous post, there is no right or wrong in how people see death. You crying and begging your mother to not die is not wrong. But your mother is the one going through all the actual pain and struggle from whatever disease or condition she has. You don’t know how your mother feels; you can’t tell her to do something without knowing what she’s going through. What if your mother sees death as a peaceful and painless rest that will save her from all the suffering that will never end? What if your mother wants to save YOU from all the suffering you will have seeing her struggling to stay alive? Will you tearfully accept your mother’s wish so she would at least be happy in her final moments, or will you ignore your mother’s wish and beg her to keep on living? The death-or-life isn’t the important part here; it’s about understanding the other’s choice and reason for that choice.

I am afraid I am going to have to disagree here. Not only it is either right or wrong, but also nothing can be more right or wrong than it. Life is fundamental for morals and individual rights, because if there is no life a person cannot have any other right at all, nor even to be a person for that matter.

There is a difference that must be clear in the subject of terminally ill patients. One thing is to be overzealous with medical treatment and keep treating something that is already hopeless, this would only prolong the suffering. Another thing is to deliberately end the life, like giving some drug that will kill the organism. The former is called dysthanasia, and the later is called euthanasia. I find both of them to be morally wrong.

The middle ground is called orthothanasia, which is letting death to happen in a natural manner, without forcing it and also without any harsh treatments that not only would not prevent the unavoidable, but also would cause even more pain. Just keep the person with water, food and palliative medicine and let life to end naturally. I find orthothanasia to be morally acceptable.

However, deliberately ending someone's life I find to be unacceptable (except in cases of self defense, be it first party or third party, as a last resort). It is either murder or suicide, depending on whom the decision to end the life came from. Suicide is even worse, because it is the ultimate selfish act. To kill yourself is saying "I hate you and I don't need you" to your family, friends and basically the entire world, plus there is also all the suffering that is caused to the others who hold you dear.

I guess that this is as far as I can go without needing to use some religious argument. When spiritual factors are taken into account what I have said thus far also applies, but it is possible to go further. If someone's life actually belongs to God, then the former actually has not the right to decide to terminate his own life, the best thing to do is to let in the hands of God the decision about when it is the proper time for the life to come to an end.

Also my faith (I am a Catholic Christian) teaches that suffering has a redemptive value. Don't get me wrong, this does not mean that suffering is intentionally caused just so someone can learn something. Suffering just happens thanks to the fragile and fallen human nature, which was not made this way by God but became fallen thanks to the Original Sin (which was a choice from the human free will). Suffering is an unavoidable part of human nature, but even though it is undesirable, once it happens it is possible to use it as an opportunity for both personal and spiritual growth.

However, by prematurely ending the life, one is denying this redemptive value. Even at the final moments of life I find it to be wrong, because I do not think that the individual's existence ends at the death of the body. But if there is nothing after death, then maybe it might be justified to decide to end the suffering if there is no hope of survival. But even then, I find it to be an unwise choice. Why would someone just throw away the only time that he will ever have? I think that feeling something, even if it is unpleasant, is better than feeling nothing at all. I am aware that nonexistence isn't supposed to "hurt", but even then the concept itself still is pretty terrifying.

~~~~

P.S.: As a side note, when I first read MM#49 I did it quickly at the bus, and I didn't notice at first all the nuances of the story before reading this thread. I am pleased that a story that some people would dismiss as "just kid's comic" can sparkle such a deep discussion. It is one of the reasons I find Mega Man to be Ian's best and strongest work so far . :)
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Thu May 28, 2015 11:45 pm

From the other comment above, this is the first game arc that Flynn had as an 8 parter from the regular series so I guess he's working out the bugs? The first four parts were great (each bot had a time on the spotlight!) but the second half was a uneven. (plus, g-ds, Gamma was so doofy). I'm sure Flynn will work out the bugs for Game 4.

Even with agree to disagree, I'd say let Quick Man go. It's just that the other bots could have and should have stayed.

BTW, deactivating a bot's weapons or abilities does sorta alter who he is. I mean, if Magnet Man doesn't use magnets, he can't be called Magnet Man anymore, haha.

EDIT - I don't get the thing about snakes eating frogs but it was funny that Snake Man was menacing Bubble Man while he was sitting down in a frog type of pose, hehe. In the robot masters double page spread.
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri May 29, 2015 7:55 am

I felt the second part was the stronger one. Although Gamma did look goofy, that's kind of the design. The second half of the MM3 arc has the Breakman fight, the Doc Robot bits ... I felt it was stronger. The art wasn't quite the right fit, but that didn't tip the scales for me.

Eh, I think Light was perfectly in the right. He didn't force anyone to go away - he asked. MM's also in the right from his own point of view. Was Quick in the right? Well, sure -- for him. That one thing I like a lot in this issue - everyone has a pretty valid point of view. Nobody's an @#$% or a cackling villain in these talking points.

I don't see how disabling Quickman's special abilities is at all an issue. They can't very well offer him a chance at life if they don't do that.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby Astrobot7000 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:36 am

The best scenes are ones where everyone is right.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!