MM#49 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: MM#49 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:14 am

El Veinte wrote:Thank you for replying. I'm going to press my luck again.

Why do Gemini and Needle who already expressed their desire to be miners and not soldiers not want to do that anymore?

I'm curious about that myself.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:27 am

Very insightful answers. I'd glad to know exactly how you see Protoman's freedom in context of the MM universe.

Why do Gemini and Needle who already expressed their desire to be miners and not soldiers not want to do that anymore?

I gotta agree there. Plus, Magnets can be very useful (MRIs, probably others). Why doesn't Light remind them they do have functions (he stated they did just a few pages ago) or attempt to find alternate resolutions? They do seem to forget that Light just said they were all designed with function in mind.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby lalalei2001 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:30 am

Maybe it's like Sheep Man, who constantly changes jobs due to boredom?
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:56 pm

Gemini Man is the only character who feels out-of-character in this issue, but to be fair on Needle Man, I'm not even sure if he was actually shut down. He doesn't make any arguments, he's not even in the panels where the arguments are made, and in the panel where he DOES show up he's looking at the group sadly like Spark Man. We're just assuming he was part of the group when really he may not have made any decision at all.
But then maybe he just wanted to be shut down because he's such a pessimist. With Needle Man's personality, I wouldn't be surprised if he was unhappy no matter what he did.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:34 pm

El Veinte wrote:Why do Gemini and Needle who already expressed their desire to be miners and not soldiers not want to do that anymore?

For them, they did originally have normal functions, but Dr. Wily modified their designs to be weapons. And unlike the Light Bots, who were built for a function first and weaponized later, the MM3-bots were altered at the design stage and produced as weapons. To them, they feel like their functions were too modified for them to be viable as service robots. That's what it boils down to for a lot of them: a feeling of inadequacy, of hopelessness, and so they give up.

If this were a better situation, the Light family could've had time to council them and convince them otherwise. But these were weapons built by a known mad man/terrorist. Dr. Light didn't have the option of treating them like people. The federal order was "make 'em work or shut 'em down." I tried to imply the finality and limited timeline in Dr. Light's dialogue, but there's only so much exposition you can cram in there and make it sound natural.

I really wish I had the time and the room to go through each of the Robot Masters and their thinking, but I was limited to twenty pages and a single issue. I also had to use the space to establish Mr. X and launch the crossover.

El Veinte wrote:If Light wasn't trying to build a robot as close to a human son with free will and sapience as he could, then what was he trying to make with Blues?

I'm not sure what you're asking. He was trying to build something like that with Blues. Blues was the first experiment entering into that kind of independent-thinking robots. Dr. Light doesn't actually get it right until he builds X.

El Veinte wrote:Can one order a robot to be free?

You could order one to act freely, potentially. But depending on their programming and base coding, they could be brought back into controlled service just as easily. Robot Masters have a degree of autonomy, but they are not truly free-willed.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby N'egga Man » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:17 pm

I don't know if this has been discussed already, but after thinking about it a bit more, what would Shadow Man be doing right now anyway? We know that the Wily Robot Masters who didn't want to find a job had to be shut down by government law, and yet Shadow Man chose to stay. So what kind of job/purpose would he have?
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

Postby SonicSoul » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:21 pm

I've already brought up he could act as a spy for the Stardroids since they'll eventually come around. Let them know that he's still functioning and tell them about Earth and it's weaknesses, and especially about Mega Man for Terra to go and face him one-on-one. And I think we all know how that'll end up for Rock....
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby N'egga Man » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:29 pm

SonicSoul wrote:I've already brought up he could act as a spy for the Stardroids since they'll eventually come around. Let them know that he's still functioning and tell them about Earth and it's weaknesses, and especially about Mega Man for Terra to go and face him one-on-one. And I think we all know how that'll end up for Rock....

I know about his Stardroid connection, and how that might tie in to future events. But doesn't he need to have a new, helping function to still be around right now? Like how Flash Man chooses to work at the Chronos Institute, or Air Man becoming a weather forecaster. Where in the world would Shadow Man be able to fit in?
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:59 pm

N'egga Man wrote:
SonicSoul wrote:I've already brought up he could act as a spy for the Stardroids since they'll eventually come around. Let them know that he's still functioning and tell them about Earth and it's weaknesses, and especially about Mega Man for Terra to go and face him one-on-one. And I think we all know how that'll end up for Rock....

I know about his Stardroid connection, and how that might tie in to future events. But doesn't he need to have a new, helping function to still be around right now? Like how Flash Man chooses to work at the Chronos Institute, or Air Man becoming a weather forecaster. Where in the world would Shadow Man be able to fit in?

Car washer.

Wax on, wax off...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby BenedictAndroid » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:25 pm

N'egga Man wrote:I don't know if this has been discussed already, but after thinking about it a bit more, what would Shadow Man be doing right now anyway? We know that the Wily Robot Masters who didn't want to find a job had to be shut down by government law, and yet Shadow Man chose to stay. So what kind of job/purpose would he have?

Shadow Man would probably be given a bodyguard position, seeing as how he was specifically built for combat and has incredible reflexes.
BenedictAndroid
BumbleNewbie

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:45 pm

He could be a tree felling robot, like Cutman or other cutting-related activities. Or just general administration; you don't need special skills for that, but it's still possible to do.

But the bodyguard idea is a good one. Or overall policing. Actually, it'd be kinda funny to see Shadowman try to fit into various jobs to just suck at them.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:24 pm

I know it's old subject now, but I realized something funny: are Shadow Man and Quick Man buddies? They act pretty friendly in this issue, but Shadow Man stabbed Quick Man in the back. Then again, QM did the same thing to Flash Man and called Mega Man a baby for whining about being attacked before. And even Flash Man commented "Great, another Quick Man" about SM in #15.

So with their respects for each other skills, weird code of honor and harsh personalities, this could be actually a really cute friendship :D
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!