Planets and Constellations

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Planets and Constellations

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:42 am

So, with Stardriods and Constellationdriods a thing in the games what space objects you think would make a interesting robot in name or concept.

Planet Theia is the hypothesized planet that hit the early Earth and caused the formation of the Moon. Then you have the mythical planet Nibiru that is said to be home of the gods that judge the Earth every few thousand years whenever the two planets cross paths.

Since Pluto is a dwarf planet now I'd like to see other dwarf planets touched upon like Eris what is bigger than Pluto or Ceres which is between Mars and Jupiter.

As for constellations, it would be awesome to see robots modeled after the great heroes like Orin, Hercules and Perseus. I know there's a series of constellations too.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Re: Planets and Constellations

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:42 pm

Oh, if you wanted to use planet/moon names for different stuff, there's a wealth of possibilities. I actually made a list of a a bunch of them-still working through to see what hasn't been used in Mega Man yet. But among the ones I've found-besides Eris, which I also thought was a good one:

Nemesis
Charon
Oberon
Umbriel
Amalthia
Epimetheus
Proteus
Hi-iaka
Bergilmir
Fornjot
Hyrrokin
Caliban
Sycorax (oh the Doctor Who references they could do...)
Psamande

And that's just a sampling.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:31 pm

I like Nemesis as a concept, it has good name recognition, being a theoretical star is very interesting. I've always liked the themes of the goddess from mythology. With Nemesis being the goddess of punishment or retribution.

Another interesting object would be Wormwood from the Bible. I think it's supposed to be like a mythological comet or something.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Tue May 12, 2015 5:18 pm

Came across a video about weird names in the solar system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXrfh_maUTI

I like the bit explaining Uranus moons, I really like idea of Robot Masters with names from classic literature specially Shakespeare ones.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Return to For Everlasting Peace!