Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Antiyonder » Wed May 06, 2015 1:16 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:Given the chance, I'd probably like to include Eris and Ceres as female Stardroids just to vary it up some.


Who are they again?
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:09 am

Re: Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby lalalei2001 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:27 pm

Eris is a dwarf planet named for the Greek goddess of chaos, strife and discord. Ceres is also a dwarf planet, named for the Roman goddess of agriculture, grain crops, fertility and motherly relationships.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Uwaaii » Wed May 06, 2015 4:35 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:The only reason Honey Woman might make into the book before any other scrapped concepts is that she's the closest thing to a second official female Robot Master. That would bring our femaie-to-male ratio to 3:100+

Oh ok so the other scrapped ones have a chance too. That’s a relief.
I understand the lack of female RMs and the increasing demand for them by the audience. I think there was one female RM in Strategy named Virgo? and another as a winner of the Xover contest (sudachi woman?) but I guess that’s off-limits.

This is a random question, but can Archie “convert” some of the female netnavis (Silk, Meddy, I don’t know if Slur is considered a female) as robots masters? Or just remodel some of the male ones into female counterparts (like they did with Ringman/Ring.EXE)? Because most of the netnavis have been taken from RMs but not the other way around, and it will be easier to design them.

Given the chance, I'd probably like to include Eris and Ceres as female Stardroids just to vary it up some.

You should have said they’re not official RMs because that was really confusing.
There’s a bunch of dwarf planets/stars/whatever out there(and they don’t have to follow the gender thing, because Venus is a male RM in the game), so that opens up a lot of possibilities.
User avatar
Uwaaii
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:09 am
Location: Where am I

Re: Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Sunwalker » Wed May 06, 2015 4:41 pm

Uwaaii wrote:This is a random question, but can Archie “convert” some of the female netnavis (Silk, Meddy, I don’t know if Slur is considered a female) as robots masters? Or just remodel some of the male ones into female counterparts (like they did with Ringman/Ring.EXE)? Because most of the netnavis have been taken from RMs but not the other way around, and it will be easier to design them.


In terms of licensing, Classic and Battle Network are considered two different properties. This makes harder using content from BN.
User avatar
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby SonicSoul » Wed May 06, 2015 5:03 pm

Only time you'd ever see something Battle Network-related in the comic is the fanart section really.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2856
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Uwaaii » Wed May 06, 2015 5:20 pm

Sunwalker wrote:
Uwaaii wrote:This is a random question, but can Archie “convert” some of the female netnavis (Silk, Meddy, I don’t know if Slur is considered a female) as robots masters? Or just remodel some of the male ones into female counterparts (like they did with Ringman/Ring.EXE)? Because most of the netnavis have been taken from RMs but not the other way around, and it will be easier to design them.


In terms of licensing, Classic and Battle Network are considered two different properties. This makes harder using content from BN.

SonicSoul wrote:Only time you'd ever see something Battle Network-related in the comic is the fanart section really.

Aw, darn it. I would've been happy if they can get in Slur because despite not being in the game she(he?) was the only alien character other than Duo and was pretty strong defeating Bass, Protoman, Megaman, Searchman and Colonel.
User avatar
Uwaaii
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:09 am
Location: Where am I

Re: Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby SonicSoul » Wed May 06, 2015 5:28 pm

His/her biggest mistake was of course messing with Bass. If you defeat Bass, you're just asking for him to come back and get even with you.

....Yeah, those two scenes are the only exposure I have from the anime.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2856
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:28 pm

Sunwalker wrote:
Uwaaii wrote:This is a random question, but can Archie “convert” some of the female netnavis (Silk, Meddy, I don’t know if Slur is considered a female) as robots masters? Or just remodel some of the male ones into female counterparts (like they did with Ringman/Ring.EXE)? Because most of the netnavis have been taken from RMs but not the other way around, and it will be easier to design them.


In terms of licensing, Classic and Battle Network are considered two different properties. This makes harder using content from BN.

Do you think that applies to "classicized" versions of Net Navis? Like, is a Classics version of Deasertman really looped into the EXE series and it's franchise? (I'd really love to see Classicized Net Navis too, even just as background filler or as a larger part of the MM6 robot tournament, in the background).

As for Slur, I think there's less hope than just that, though. She's part of the anime, a separate license. Like the Wonderswan guys, or the guys from the Dreamwave comic (all of whom, by the way, I'd love to see incorporated into Archie's canon; even if it's just background fluff).
User avatar
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:49 pm

Re: Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby The KKM » Thu May 07, 2015 1:48 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:If they ever use W. Waltz, I don't know if I'd like that design, as it seems rather different for Mega Man

there's a fan design of her, compiled from his "other" work that is pretty neat, including a devil-like electrical cord tail that I've seen floating around. I don't believe there's a fully official version of that design, though, considering the nature of said other work, but the fan art of what it WOULD look like looks pretty neat.


I don't even mind if they don't use the design I/others reconstructed from the porn (let's be honest here) P-HEAD did of her, I just hope they keep the W on the hair

because it reminds me of Ambassador Magma

I also like other bits and bobs of the design like the dress or the fingers, but man the hair's great

Image

Image
User avatar
The KKM
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:40 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby DoNotDelete » Thu May 07, 2015 4:00 am

A question to Ian/the moderati: Is posting fan character art/designs as much of a no-no as posting fan story ideas?
User avatar
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:17 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby The KKM » Thu May 07, 2015 4:30 am

presumably is, although for all intents and purposes the only part I legit created in that image were the boots based on the original drawing's ones
User avatar
The KKM
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:40 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Sunwalker » Thu May 07, 2015 9:49 pm

Gauntlet101010 wrote:Do you think that applies to "classicized" versions of Net Navis? Like, is a Classics version of Deasertman really looped into the EXE series and it's franchise? (I'd really love to see Classicized Net Navis too, even just as background filler or as a larger part of the MM6 robot tournament, in the background).

They would be a derivation of an existing property, a bit of a grey area when it comes to copyright. I doubt that Capcom would say "yes", unless Archie gets rights to BN.
User avatar
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:09 pm

Sunwalker wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Do you think that applies to "classicized" versions of Net Navis? Like, is a Classics version of Deasertman really looped into the EXE series and it's franchise? (I'd really love to see Classicized Net Navis too, even just as background filler or as a larger part of the MM6 robot tournament, in the background).

They would be a derivation of an existing property, a bit of a grey area when it comes to copyright. I doubt that Capcom would say "yes", unless Archie gets rights to BN.

Hm. But they aren't adding to BN canon. It's not even using BN's character - it's a different character with the same name and maybe some overlap in personality.

Like, there was a Netnavi Drillman in the anime before the official Drillman.exe existed. That took a classics robot master and made it into a Netnavi. This would be the reverse. If the BN anime could do it why not Archie?

Sidenote on Waltz's unusual look - I don't see a problem. Different Robot Masters have different creators, so why not have a slightly different look to one? Also later robots have a very different look compared tot he robots of 1-3. I think it's fine.
User avatar
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:49 pm

Re: Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Uwaaii » Thu May 07, 2015 11:06 pm

The KKM wrote:Image

Wow. The fact that her hair looks like a standard robot master helmet with the W fit in nicely is really soothing to me.
If they combined this with the robot arm & legs from the original artwork (the one with Ms. W/Y in it) I think it would be perfect.

I can't stop wondering if there are any other mega man OCs by other official artists...I couldn't find any else in the Complete Work thing, but I'm sure some of them had an OC or two (I mean who wouldn't?)
Like, my current profile pic is an OC from the Megaman NT Warrior manga; the design is a little off, but I really liked how they tried.
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Hm. But they aren't adding to BN canon. It's not even using BN's character - it's a different character with the same name and maybe some overlap in personality.

Like, there was a Netnavi Drillman in the anime before the official Drillman.exe existed. That took a classics robot master and made it into a Netnavi. This would be the reverse. If the BN anime could do it why not Archie?

I think that's the same thing as using the character. Because they exist in the same giant "megaman" series, you can't really consider them completely separate.

I looked up the said anime Drillman but apparently he was originally called “Drillmache” in Japanese, making him a separate character from the game one.
I don't know what happened there, but I’m sure the BN anime staff checks on those stuff with CAPCOM first before throwing in an original character.
User avatar
Uwaaii
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:09 am
Location: Where am I

Re: Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu May 07, 2015 11:33 pm

Uwaaii wrote:
The KKM wrote:Image

Wow. The fact that her hair looks like a standard robot master helmet with the W fit in nicely is really soothing to me.
If they combined this with the robot arm & legs from the original artwork (the one with Ms. W/Y in it) I think it would be perfect.

I can't stop wondering if there are any other mega man OCs by other official artists...I couldn't find any else in the Complete Work thing, but I'm sure some of them had an OC or two (I mean who wouldn't?)
Like, my current profile pic is an OC from the Megaman NT Warrior manga; the design is a little off, but I really liked how they tried.
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Hm. But they aren't adding to BN canon. It's not even using BN's character - it's a different character with the same name and maybe some overlap in personality.

Like, there was a Netnavi Drillman in the anime before the official Drillman.exe existed. That took a classics robot master and made it into a Netnavi. This would be the reverse. If the BN anime could do it why not Archie?

I think that's the same thing as using the character. Because they exist in the same giant "megaman" series, you can't really consider them completely separate.

I looked up the said anime Drillman but apparently he was originally called “Drillmache” in Japanese, making him a separate character from the game one.
I don't know what happened there, but I’m sure the BN anime staff checks on those stuff with CAPCOM first before throwing in an original character.

Well ... I mean, even if YOU say it still counts, I'd rather hear from someone in the industry.

Like, Archie used the Mayor from Rockman Gold Empire. Gold Empire is a licensed game from Taiwan. You'd think that means licensed characters are a go, but the Wonderswan guys were nixed. Maybe the Mayor just slipped through the cracks. They DID cameo a Zero series character, you know. That's a different property too and she didn't get a new design. The Mega/Gigamix used a Legends robot, EXE generic Navis (which is about the same as what I'm asking about - visual cameos), and Charlie from Street Fighter. The Battle and Chase manga featured Boomer Kwanger and Chill Penguin. There's probably more; I'm not 100% on my Megaman trivia.

So, given the sheer amount of cameos from other franchises in not only Archie, but also others with no visual change I think visually changed characters could very well make a cameo too in the background of something like the robot master tournament or in a robot expo or something. But it's a point I'm very curious about hearing a real answer on. The whole world of licensing fascinates me as do the usage rules surrounding different properties. It could be that you're right and that Capcom's clamped down on cameos since then.

As for new characters from official artists, that depends on who you think of as official. Ariga did the cover to Rockman and Forte, does he count? (He also designed Dynamo and Burner.) Because he made Buildman and Judgeman. There were cards based off Shigeto Ikehara's mangas. Does that make him an official Capcom artist? If so he created Karate 003 in the MM6 storyline as part of the tournament - Ariga also used Karate 003 in his own tournament (as an unnamed background character).
User avatar
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron