Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Bean » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:48 pm

And we can always write it off to Wily rushing the finishing touches with Mega Man invited to the place by Break Man... maybe? Hey, it explains why the thing goes down so easily in Mega Man 3 to begin with! Can't wait for this issue to get here.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby Astrobot7000 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:51 pm

Bean wrote:And we can always write it off to Wily rushing the finishing touches with Mega Man invited to the place by Break Man... maybe? Hey, it explains why the thing goes down so easily in Mega Man 3 to begin with! Can't wait for this issue to get here.

That's true too. It would have likely taken Mega Man and Dr. Light much longer to locate his fortress if Break Man hadn't given him the information.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Tahtorak » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:36 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:2) Dr. Light never intended for it to be a jaw. Gamma had a very tiny head and a very large piece of chest armor protecting the Energy Elements. Only once Dr. Wily slapped down the control cap did Gamma look like he had a Guts Man-styled jaw.

That bit about the jaw being chest armor is easier to swallow when you recall that in the Mega Man 3 game, Wily-Gamma has a sort of Air Man-type body, with his head being partially meshed with it's shoulders.

Now, before the control cap comes into play and the area directly beneath Gamma's actual head becomes a face, one CAN imagine that jaw-to-be as a part of Gamma's chest.

But with the way Archie-Gamma is drawn, his face-to-be is placed above his shoulders, like neck.

So... Yeah.
Tahtorak
BumbleFan

Postby Astrobot7000 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:01 pm

Good work with the comparison's amigo. It puts things in perspective.

Gamma's design is pretty ridiculous no matter how its presented.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:02 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:
lalalei2001 wrote:I'm guessing you mean the brown-haired lady from this picture? (I think Waltz is off-limits.) Or maybe the blonde lady?

http://kobun20.interordi.com/wp-content ... kmanH2.jpg

It is indeed that brown haired lady in that picture the letter on her top is a W and not a Y. But I had never seen that image before.

Yeah, what is that image from? It doesn't look Archie style, but I'm not familiar enough with any other Mega Man comics to pick it out.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:25 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:3) The Energy Elements weren't meant to be exposed as they were in the art. It was supposed to be that the Search Snakes slithered and squirmed their way into an otherwise inaccessible place. They were also supposed to be shown actively tearing the Energy Elements out and coiling around them to explode.

See, that's totally acceptable and it explains why Search Snakes instead of the buster shot. That's actually what I thought would happen, so I guess it really was the art (I'm starting to feel bad dogpiling on it, but it really seems to be the problem.)
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Sunwalker » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:31 pm

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:
Astrobot7000 wrote:
lalalei2001 wrote:I'm guessing you mean the brown-haired lady from this picture? (I think Waltz is off-limits.) Or maybe the blonde lady?

It is indeed that brown haired lady in that picture the letter on her top is a W and not a Y. But I had never seen that image before.

Yeah, what is that image from? It doesn't look Archie style, but I'm not familiar enough with any other Mega Man comics to pick it out.

It indeed is from Archie. It is the last page of the current issue.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Penguin God » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:57 pm

The image is just an alternate Mega Man that Hideki Ishikawa (big artist for Mega Man) made for an official newsletter. It's fairly obscure and there was nothing more to it than that image, but fans loved it.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:55 pm

Penguin God wrote:The image is just an alternate Mega Man that Hideki Ishikawa (big artist for Mega Man) made for an official newsletter. It's fairly obscure and there was nothing more to it than that image, but fans loved it.

It showed up in the official complete works books too.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicSoul » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:18 am

Yeah, I thought I recognized that design from somewhere. *Grasps Complete Works book in her hands* Curious as to if they'll actually have Wily and Mr. X be two separate people this time or the very least make it seem like that's what we the readers wants to believe. Unless you don't know MM6's plot by now that is.

So does Break Man now believe Wily's dead?

Possible fan-idea spoilers:
Spoiler: show
If so, Wily would eventually have to contact him and tell him "No, I'm fine! In fact, here's my next plan and it involves you kidnapping Cossack's daughter!" To which Break Man would probably start to take issue with and sort of disagree with Wily about doing it only for Wily to be all like, "But you gave me your word you'd loyally serve me when I saved your life! Did you not say that yourself or must I restore your memory files for that?!?" This could possibly make Blues feel he's being controlled by Wily just as much as he felt with Light and try to think of a way to betray Wily while also putting him in a position where he could die just so Blues can save him and go, "There. I saved you now. I'm no longer bound by my word of servitude. Bye." *Leaves*

Shame about Gamma though. Part of me hoped he'd be reprogrammed to actually play a part in something big like be a valuable ally against the Stardroids when they eventually come. However, that would also mean if he's good and functioning, he'd be saving the world more than Mega Man. So I can see having him around would be too convenient.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:22 am

Why's Waltz off limits when Y isn't?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Astrobot7000 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:24 am

SonicSoul wrote:
Possible fan-idea spoilers:

If so, Wily would eventually have to contact him and tell him "No, I'm fine! In fact, here's my next plan and it involves you kidnapping Cossack's daughter!" To which Break Man would probably start to take issue with and sort of disagree with Wily about doing it only for Wily to be all like, "But you gave me your word you'd loyally serve me when I saved your life! Did you not say that yourself or must I restore your memory files for that?!?" This could possibly make Blues feel he's being controlled by Wily just as much as he felt with Light and try to think of a way to betray Wily while also putting him in a position where he could die just so Blues can save him and go, "There. I saved you now. I'm no longer bound by my word of servitude. Bye." *Leaves*

I actually really like that idea!
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:48 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:

I think it's because her creator 'owns' Waltz more than Y lady, as he drew her frequently and sometimes in...er... not-kid-friendly material.

I wonder if that blonde lady will show up eventually too.

Also, on Mr. X, I've read a few fanfics where he was a real person but
Wily killed him to take his identity.
It'll be interesting to see where this goes.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Astrobot7000 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:49 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:Also, on Mr. X, I've read a few fanfics where he was a real person but

In reply to that idea:

I cannot see this incarnation of Wily doing that. In fact, his actions when Robotnik tried to murder Dr. Light indicate that is highly unlikely. I imagine if he were to take the place of Mr. X he would likely just hold him prisoner somewhere rather than outright kill him.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:21 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

I think it's because her creator 'owns' Waltz more than Y lady, as he drew her frequently and sometimes in...er... not-kid-friendly material.

I wonder if that blonde lady will show up eventually too.

Also, on Mr. X, I've read a few fanfics where he was a real person but

She showed up in the Dreamwave comic
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!