Mega Man #46 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #46 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:49 pm

Folks say they have it, so they'll have a thread too.

Already half-way through the MM3 finale. Time flies.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Re: Mega Man #46 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Penguin God » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:56 pm

The art issues aren't so prevalent, so it's great this time around. The action's a little stiff, but it works and the character beats aren't ruined by it. Proto Man is still an incredibly interesting character, and his refusal to forgive Light even as he's coming around to Mega Man is wonderful. Auto being a robot without real emotions is a curious tidbit: especially since he's such an animated fellow. I would like to know a little more about that. There's not a whole lot else to talk about, as the whole issue is the duel (very nice), but overall it's a step up from before (and last issue was already good.) Now we'll see what Doc Robot's really capable of: I wish we had a different artist for it, but it's sure to delight anyway.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Sam Z.G. » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:39 pm

Feels since forever to get to this fight....

I liked the detailed coloring of Evan, helped the art a lot.

YD 2.0 again. Is that really from the game?

Too bad the comic will get inerrupted again, but if it helps for sells, ok.
Sam Z.G.
BumbleFan

Postby EvilEddie » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:44 pm

Yes Yellow Devil Mk 2 is a boss in Mega Man 3.

Wily revisits the Devil idea a lot.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby The Bored » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:40 pm

The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:46 pm

Wow that is hilarious.

Enjoyed the issue. This Blues subplot has been one of my most favorite things about the book and it's nice to see his resentment finally reach a conclusion.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:25 pm

Sorry to double post but Evan Stanley said she drew Wily on Page 2 Panel 4.

I thought something looked different there and now that I know it was drawn by her I can't not see it.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby diamonddeath » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:14 am

Awesome issue. I loved the use of the lyrics from The Megas when Break Man yelled, "Then what am I supposed to be?!"
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby The Bored » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:13 am

diamonddeath wrote:Awesome issue. I loved the use of the lyrics from The Megas when Break Man yelled, "Then what am I supposed to be?!"

I'm not sure if that's actually a quote. I think if it had been an intentional quote, it would've used more of the song than just that phrase. This issue was great regardless.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby EvanStanley » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:33 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Sorry to double post but Evan Stanley said she drew Wily on Page 2 Panel 4.

I thought something looked different there and now that I know it was drawn by her I can't not see it.

Side note, I did redraws on a lot of expressions in #45-- I completely redid Break Man and Rush on the final of the page where he's kicking Rush, too.
EvanStanley
BumbleCitizen

Postby ShadowBat20 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:07 pm

The Bored wrote:
diamonddeath wrote:Awesome issue. I loved the use of the lyrics from The Megas when Break Man yelled, "Then what am I supposed to be?!"

I'm not sure if that's actually a quote. I think if it had been an intentional quote, it would've used more of the song than just that phrase. This issue was great regardless.

Intentional or not, I LOVED that part. Definitely made me think of the song.

I realize that I haven't been commenting on the book lately, so let me fix that:

This entire Mega Man 3 arc has been amazing, possibly my favorite arc in the book, with this issue and the last one being especially fantastic. Sure, I'm not the biggest fan of the art (it's decent, though Mega Man looks off every once in awhile. This issue was an improvement though), but that can't distract me from the story at all, it's just TOO GOOD. Seriously, this is pulling at my hearstrings a lot, and I love it. Always impressed with all the emotion this book has. Keep up the good work, everyone!
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby SonicSoul » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:16 pm

I liked Break Man is slowly but surely starting to respect Mega Man with the line he leaves him on:

"And Rock? Nice shot."

Is this the first instance where he refers to him as Rock or the first time referring to him by any name at all?
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Tango the Hedgehog » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:10 pm

Wow. I can safely say that after this issue, I'll start purchasing this comic monthly. All of the graphic novels that I've read so far have been fantastic and have tempted me many, many times to buy the monthly books, but this issue served as the final push. The interactions between Mega Man and Break Man showed an excellent balance of passion and action. The comic itself is full of heart, which really sets it apart from many other titles. I absolutely loved this issue, and I look forward to reading more. :P
Tango the Hedgehog
BumbleFan

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:58 am

Got the Spaz cover cuz it rocked! Btw, why doesn't Spaz do interiors again? Is he too expensive to hire?

The Break Man fight was suppose to be at Hard Man's stage during the day but oh well, haha.

I actually roll my eyes a lot at Blues' drama. Light, I understand but Blues? What a whiner. Hope he's figured himself out and sorted his insecurities by the arc's end.

Not enough Doc Robot in the issue. MORE!

What IS Blues' shield made of? I forget when he picked it up. It's a Wily design?

Rock sitting with a e tank like a can is strangely funny, haha.

This is the debut of Rush Marine? No fanfare? Weak! He wasn't even underwater! I demand that Wire be given a bigger role on Game 4's arc!

Shadow Blade again? Hmm, I don't recall which weapon I used the most in the game.

Aw the turtle maker stage was only four panels and we're already at the end of the Yellow Devil stage, oh well. Darn you Break Man! You took too much time for the fight!

Hope the next two issues show how much of a threat Gamma is. I was sorely disappointed in seeing him in the game boss battle.

Don't kill Doc Robot!
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby Axel T Rat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:57 pm

+Very emotional battle
+The MM3 Yellow Devil acknowledged as an MK2, Mega's reaction, How close it is, and its "Bumo"
+Final boss foreshadowing
+Familiar enemies

-Very footnote heavy
-Sometimes hard keeping up with who's speaking through Doc Robot

So Worlds Unite solicitis seem to still have Blues as Break Man. So~ does that mean we'll have to wait until after said x-over for him as Proto Man or maybe even during it?
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!