Dr Lalinde's Legacy

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Dr Lalinde's Legacy

Postby diamonddeath » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:28 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:
diamonddeath wrote:All this X8 talk makes me wonder just how an elevator to the moon would work. The moon isn't always in the same spot in relation to the earth, is it?

It works the same way Wily's huuuuuge MM10 castle works.

But it's the moon, not a space station.

Mavrickindigo wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I would be much happier if Archie put Command Mission somewhere in the timeline and not as an alternate reality..

I agree. I think it was left ambiguous on purpose, or so that's what the creator's comment felt like.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:31 pm

diamonddeath wrote:All this X8 talk makes me wonder just how an elevator to the moon would work. The moon isn't always in the same spot in relation to the earth, is it?

A real life orbital elevator would rise up to a certain point and then have a launch pad of some sort at the top. It wouldn't literally connect the moon, jsut be high enough that we wouldn't waste so much fuel launching the rocket out of the atmosphere
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Zan » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:21 pm

You know, we have seen the top of Jakob. It's the VAVA V fight. From there the Gateway space station serves as the last stop before the moon.
Zan
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:35 am

Zan wrote:You know, we have seen the top of Jakob. It's the VAVA V fight. From there the Gateway space station serves as the last stop before the moon.

Indeed.

diamonddeath wrote:
lalalei2001 wrote:

It works the same way Wily's huuuuuge MM10 castle works.

But it's the moon, not a space station.

Funny how people still don't know how these things work... they're not exactly new, not even in fiction.

I talked about them first thing in my 1UP article, "The Real Science of Mega Man", among other things. (I really ought to put that on one of my own sites to make responses like this easier...) Click and learn all about them!

Mavrickindigo wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I would be much happier if Archie put Command Mission somewhere in the timeline and not as an alternate reality..

I agree. I think it was left ambiguous on purpose, or so that's what the creator's comment felt like.[/quote]

Yeah, I'd rather as few timelines as possible, save for something like Battle Network/Star Force running alternatively.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:36 am

BN being an alternate timeline is also very convenient because Archie will never be able to get their hands on it, aside from it canonically being in an alternate timeline, of course
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby El Veinte » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:19 am

It's probably getting ahead of ourselves, but I might enjoy an alternate timeline approach. Ever since Rockman Online teased it, I keep thinking how interesting a CM/ZERO inter-dimensional crossover could be.

Splash Woman X might not be the way to go, but some kind of cameo that recognizes Lalinde's contributions to their world at a later point in time might be a nice touch. Perhaps a hall of fame/historical reference to robotics pioneers of the era with her picture there. Or maybe she could be an inspirational role model figure to one of the navigators. Perhaps Ciel has a Lalinde Legacy award for females taking leadership roles in science and robotics hanging up in her room at the Resistance Base.

With Kalinka and OVER-1, Cossack has an interesting legacy already without taking credit for Axl on top of it. Axl doesn't really need him either, his relationships with Red Alert and then the Hunters provide well enough family figures. If Sigma had Axl's development shadily commissioned, the exact scientist (or scientists, as seems just as likely to me) who carried it out could be generally as inconsequential as, for example, whoever Sigma contracted to construct his pet Velguarder. It's the why he was built and what happened after that that's most interesting.
El Veinte
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:12 am

El Veinte wrote:Splash Woman X might not be the way to go, but some kind of cameo that recognizes Lalinde's contributions to their world at a later point in time might be a nice touch.

"Quake Woman X", you mean?

With Kalinka and OVER-1, Cossack has an interesting legacy already without taking credit for Axl on top of it. Axl doesn't really need him either, his relationships with Red Alert and then the Hunters provide well enough family figures. If Sigma had Axl's development shadily commissioned, the exact scientist (or scientists, as seems just as likely to me) who carried it out could be generally as inconsequential as, for example, whoever Sigma contracted to construct his pet Velguarder. It's the why he was built and what happened after that that's most interesting.

I have no idea how Xover ends; does OVER-1 remain after all the time travel shenanigans?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Super Rayzor » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:58 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:

A real life orbital elevator would rise up to a certain point and then have a launch pad of some sort at the top. It wouldn't literally connect the moon, jsut be high enough that we wouldn't waste so much fuel launching the rocket out of the atmosphere

Speaking of space elevators, here's an interesting video on it!
Super Rayzor
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:26 am

One other thought: We have an X and we have a Z, can't help but feel like a Y is missing somewhere...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:12 am

We'll never know what will happen to Xover, because of the game's cancellation before the story is complete.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:43 am

I would love to see more with Over-1 at least in the comics every time I see the characters design I think of this,

ImageImage

Something about a man in a fluffy coat :D
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:18 pm

ReifuTD wrote:I would love to see more with Over-1 at least in the comics every time I see the characters design I think of this,

ImageImage

Something about a man in a fluffy coat :D

"Was getting Cancelled part of your plan?"
Over-1: "Of course!"
"What's your next step?"
Over-1: Crashing this franchise... with no survivors!
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Mon May 25, 2015 11:53 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:One other thought: We have an X and we have a Z, can't help but feel like a Y is missing somewhere...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Y wasn't cool enough a letter. So they went with A for Axl, hehe :)

Didn't know where to put this but this seemed like the best thread with Lalinde. I'm fully expecting Flynn to have Lalinde create sisters and brothers for Quake Woman. It's so obvious, ala Game 4 where Cassock, a new doc, makes new robot masters for Mega Man to fight.

But when can we see this? Mega Man running around and killing/deactivating Lalainde bot numbers (how were they numbered? DLN is Doctor Light Number. I know Quake Woman has one. LNO? Lalinde Number something?)? Woo, Quake Woman's gotta be more evolved by then. Then Rock will murder her, yikes.

I hope it happens relatively soon. Like between two regular Game arcs, as a breather.
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Mon May 25, 2015 12:01 pm

I wouldn't be so sure that Tempo will get sibling. They can't be just next 7 or 8 Robot Masters, they need to bring something new to the table.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Mon May 25, 2015 1:13 pm

Flynn's already got Lalinde's background for it. She created Tempo as a daughter, right? So I'm assuming she's building a family. She doesn't want Tempo getting hurt so there's a replacement bot to take over dangerous drilling duties. Then she can experiment on baby type bots or toddlers (ideas are scary on that part. I'm sure Flynn has science reasons for that). A leftover Tempo body double can be a twin. Bunch of stuff.

Then Rock can be a total home wrecker, haha! Lalinde will go berserk and go um, what's that name of Zero's girlfriend in X4? The one who was the Colonel's sister? Not Layer. Aria? Anyway, the one who went crazy after Zero killed her brother.

Let's see... the extra game plots not in the regular series are Soccer, Racing, Star Droids game boy, the Killers forming, the wily tower trio, then there's unexpected stuff like crossovers and X stuff and Xander Payne. Game 4-10... Aaaaw, breather spaces between regular games arcs are kinda full >:(
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!