Ideas For New Mega Man Games

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Ideas For New Mega Man Games

Postby SonicWindAttack » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:57 pm

Honestly, I was surprised no one made a thread about this before, so I decided to make one myself. Mainly, I was inspired after watching this video (warning: strong language is used): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL1bjy6WKe8
These all sound like ingenious ideas that I would love to see come to fruition, assuming Capcom had the time, money, resources and willingness to do so. However, there is one more idea I'd like to add: a remake of Mega Man Star Force 2. By chance, I came across a playthrough which opened my eyes as to what a shoddy product it was, and how it single-handedly killed fans' interest in the series. He (for lack of a better term) ripped the game a new one, both by exploiting game-breaking codes from the very beginning and pointing out the omnipresent flaws with the story, gameplay, and everything in between. You can check out the whole thing here (again, strong language warning): http://lparchive.org/Mega-Man-Star-Forc ... x-Saurian/
For a remake, I'd like a completely redone story that has a reoccurring theme, more likable characters, a revamped battle system that brings back the depth of the Battle Network series, more stimulating post-game content, and updated HD graphics. And if the game succeeded in reviving peoples' faith in the series, they could follow suit with a Star Force 4. Anyway, what are your thoughts on these ideas? And do you have any new ones of your own?
SonicWindAttack
BumbleFan

Re: Ideas For New Mega Man Games

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:40 pm

A game whew Mega Man fights Capcom Robot Masters to stop them from cancelling his games?
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:16 am

Ryannumber1gamer wrote:A game whew Mega Man fights Capcom Robot Masters to stop them from cancelling his games?

Yeah, really. Discussing new games is pretty useless when Capcom seems only interested in shoving the series off to Korea.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Betz! » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:03 am

Well, if Capcom wants to make new MM games, they can always do Worlds Collide or Worlds Unite. Keep your fingers crossed because next year is Sonic's 25th anniversary. :wink:
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicWindAttack » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:18 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Ryannumber1gamer wrote:A game whew Mega Man fights Capcom Robot Masters to stop them from cancelling his games?

Yeah, really. Discussing new games is pretty useless when Capcom seems only interested in shoving the series off to Korea.

Of course it's useless, but we're just talking hypothetically here. What would you like to see, if it were possible?
SonicWindAttack
BumbleFan

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:43 am

Rockman X Biohazard or Mega Man X Resident Evil (I like Rockman X Biohazard)

A game about a version of Mega Man based off of Resident Evil's themes in the mythos.

Detailed below,

Spoiler: show
In this version instead of Robot Masters, we have Tyrant Masters. Most Tyrant Master of based off of Robot Masters from the original Mega Man games, each Tyrant Master having powers based off of the Robot Master abilities. Each enemy tyrant master has the own strain of virus that they can use to infect normal humans and control them. Each strain makes their own kind of zombie or mutant.

Cuts Tyrant- scissoring played zombies

Ice Tyrant- freezing touch zombies

Fire Tyrant- firebreathing on burning zombies

Guts Tyrant- large and powerful zombies

Bomb Tyrant- explosive zombies, (plus exploding animals)

Elec Tyrant-electricity producing zombies

Unlike regular Tyrants from the original Resident Evil games, Tyrant Masters can pass for humans and on the surface act completely normal. In fact to they still keep their original human memories. Like regular Tyrants they transform into large monsters when mortally injured.

When the zombie outbreaks happens, the Tyrant Masters hind among the immune and survivors. Part of the challenge of the game is to figure out who Tyrant Masters are among the unaffected. Once you made your decision you attack of the survivor you suspect giving them a mortal below. If human they die, if a Tyrant they change into their stronger secondary form and you have to fight them to the death.

The plot revolves around two Tyrant Masters working with STARS, Rock Light and Roll Light. In this timeline Rock and Roll were found in pods and recovered by STARS during of the Mansion Incident. Rock was former security personnel working for Umbrella well Roll were one of the medical scientists working on their virus projects.

This version of Rock, his Mega Buster arm had mutated giving him the ability to shoot weak plasma blasts at his enemies. In addition he can extend needle from palm of his hand, this subtracts DNA from Tyrants he fights allowing his mutated arm to take on that Tyrant's ability at will. (At least until the game ends)

Roll's Tyrant ability is to cure the infected zombies. But to do this like a Rock needs to extend a needle from her body and subtract DNA from a Tyrant Master to make antibodies for his specific strain of virus to inject into victims.

This ability to kill or cure the infected becomes an important gameplay mechanic. Being one of the objectives of the game is to try to save as many people as possible, basically giving the player the ability to choose between killing a zombie or disabling or restraining it so that you could come back and cure it later.

One of the difficult things about restraining and curing zombies is that each kind of zombie comes with its own issues when it comes to subduing them. One of the major issues that zombies can take more damage than living people. Cut off limbs and slice them in half and they just keep going. Curing somebody who has been disemboweled is a bad idea.

Some items that you can pick up can be used to restrain zombies like handcuffs and zip ties. But not all items work on all kinds of zombies. For example Guts Zombies would be too big for handcuffs and too strong for zip ties. Handcuffs would work on Ice Zombies but freeze and break zip ties. Then you have Bomb Zombies that need to be knocked out before they spot you if you want to save them.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:59 am

Mega Man Meets Archie - Because Archie has met everyone else, might as well let him meet Mega Man, join Mega Man as he goes on an adventure to save the Archies after they are turned into robot masters by Dr.Wily

Robot Masters
Arch Man (Archie)
Jug Man (Jughead)
Bet Woman (Betty)
Rich Woman (Veronica)
Joke Man (Reggie)
Science Man (Diliton)
Magic Woman (Sabrina)
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:05 pm

Betz! wrote:Well, if Capcom wants to make new MM games, they can always do Worlds Collide or Worlds Unite. Keep your fingers crossed because next year is Sonic's 25th anniversary. :wink:

The key word being "if." Not to mention, if rumor has it that the next "big" Sonic game is a mobile title... well, I'm not sure Worlds Collide would be a great fit for that.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:13 pm

Well, to stop being a negative person, I'm going to throw in what me and my brother often talk about

A MGR or Bayonetta-styled action game set during the Elf Wars
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:18 pm

Ryannumber1gamer wrote:Mega Man Meets Archie - Because Archie has met everyone else, might as well let him meet Mega Man, join Mega Man as he goes on an adventure to save the Archies after they are turned into robot masters by Dr.Wily

Robot Masters
Arch Man (Archie)
Jug Man (Jughead)
Bet Woman (Betty)
Rich Woman (Veronica)
Joke Man (Reggie)
Science Man (Diliton)
Magic Woman (Sabrina)

Kevin Keller is in the military right? That would be a fun robot master,
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:24 pm

ReifuTD wrote:
Ryannumber1gamer wrote:Mega Man Meets Archie - Because Archie has met everyone else, might as well let him meet Mega Man, join Mega Man as he goes on an adventure to save the Archies after they are turned into robot masters by Dr.Wily

Robot Masters
Arch Man (Archie)
Jug Man (Jughead)
Bet Woman (Betty)
Rich Woman (Veronica)
Joke Man (Reggie)
Science Man (Diliton)
Magic Woman (Sabrina)

Kevin Keller is in the military right? That would be a fun robot master,

That's only in the Life with Archie series which has finished up already.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:45 am

I would like to see some kind of episodic Mega Man game, something like Legends or ZX. Where they have like some many episodes in a season and release them slow enough that by the end of the season fan input and reaction influences where the story goes like what happens with live action TV shows. I keep thinking if made a game similar Kid Icarus Uprising but took each chapter/episode of the game and released one a month they of could milk a lot of money out of people. (I don't think this is any different then how buying comics works ) Mega Man is one of those series that this could be done with.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:59 am

Mega Man is generally about player choice in where you go. If you're forced to the first story at the beginning of the game, its not very "mega Man"
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:02 am

True the, the less choices a Mega Man gives you the more irritated I get, It made me be mad that MM7 and MM8 only started you off with four Robot Masters, I think Mega Man and Bass started you off with less. ZX I think starts you off with four paths that you can take. I haven't played Zero but I assume that's the same.

I can't remember what Legends did for game paths but I could see that kind of game working the episodic format specially since you made/found your power up instead of just getting them for beating a boss.

They could do a ZX style game starting out with episode 1 giving you a choice a four stages to choose from then fallowing episodes gives you two stages with the final episode being a big four or three part stage. If you ever played Final Fantasy 4 After Years they did something similar to this with their episodes.

Actually it maybe fun if they released a Mega Man game where each episode/story would be like playing mini version of a Mega Man game. What I have in mind each episode is it's own stand alone story with maybe some kind of under line connecting plot similar to what Doctor Who does with it's story.

What I mean by mini Mega Man game would be that each episode has a small group of Robot Masters sold as Robot Master packs. Three I could see be the minimum and keep the power cycle and the game releases four Robot Master packs when it comes out. With in a pack one Robot Master power's beat another in the Rock Paper Scissors format Megaman is known for. You keep these powers when you play against the other Robot Master packs. At least as long as you play series 1.

One Robot Master power form a specific pack has the advantage against a Robot Master from another pack, Example pack 1 has Robot Masters 1A 1B and 1C. The other packs 2-4 has 2A, 3A, 4A and so on, In pack 1, 1A beats 1B, 1B beats 1C and 1C beats 1A. 1A can beat 2C from pack 2, 1B can beat 3A from pack 3, and 1C can beat 4B from pack 4. 2A can beat 1A, 2B can beat 3B and 2C can beat 3A, And so on...

What would help sell the packs is that each pack featured a classic Robot Master, Like Pack 1 features Cuts Man plus two new Robot Masters, Pack 2 features Wood Man plus two new masters, Pack 2 features Magnet Man and so on...

Once you beat the three Robot Masters in a Pack you unlock a final stage in the Pack that makes you to use the three powers you just acquired. Once all four Robot Master Packs are beat you can buy/play the Wily episode/stages witch shows the connections between the pervious four Episodes/Packs.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:50 am

I submitted a fairly detailed idea for a Classic Metroidvania-style game to the Capcom-Unity forums.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!