Mega Man #47 Cover and Solicit

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #47 Cover and Solicit

Postby Tylinos » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:48 pm

ImageImage
MEGA MAN #47
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Ryan Odagawa, Gary Martin, John Workman and Evan Stanley
Cover: Patrick “SPAZ” Spaziante
“THE DOC IS IN” Variant cover by T.REX
The penultimate chapter to the ultimate Mega Man epic is here! “The Ultimate Betrayal” Part Three: Mega Man must brave the many difficult challenges of Dr. Wily’s newest castle! Awaiting Mega Man in the trapped-filled halls of the ferocious fortress is the vicious and super-powerful Doc Robot! After seeing the pure destruction from this ferocious machine at Light Labs, does our hero even stand a chance? Or is the dreaded Doc Robot truly unstoppable?! The answers to these questions and more, plus cover art from the legendary Patrick “SPAZ” Spaziante and a special new variant cover from fan-fav T.REX, all in this latest MEGA-issue!

Larger covers:
http://i.imgur.com/B0zuSAX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pceUk8S.jpg
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Re: Mega Man #47 Cover and Solicit

Postby SonicWindAttack » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:54 pm

Doc Robot in Wily Castle 3 sure sounds like an interesting concept (definitely better than having to revisit four Robot Master stages). Plus, finally some Mega Man art by Evan Stanley? I wonder how the characters will look in her style.
SonicWindAttack
BumbleFan

Postby SonicSoul » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:46 pm

So there's just one Doc Robot and not a bunch like in MM3?

Because that honestly sounds better. And it having all the MM2 Weapons with no known weakness truly sounds like it'll be the toughest foe for Mega Man yet.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby RadRed89 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:18 pm

Isn't Evan just coloring the issue? I thought I heard someone say that recently.

Anyway, I'm in favor of the Doc Robot only being one robot with all of the powers of the MM2 Robot Masters, rather than several all with only one power apiece. It saves time and makes the one Doc Robot much more dangerous. I actually hope this won't be the only time we see the Doc Robot, and it becomes something Mega Man fights every now and then. Although I guess with the way the Doc Robot is being set up within the story means that would make it difficult for the actual MM2 Robot Masters to appear again, since it has all of their IC Chips.

And only two more months out from Worlds Unite. Looks like Mega Man's part of the story will be #49-#52, assuming it's only going to take up four issues, like last time.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:53 pm

RadRed89 wrote:Isn't Evan just coloring the issue? I thought I heard someone say that recently.

Anyway, I'm in favor of the Doc Robot only being one robot with all of the powers of the MM2 Robot Masters, rather than several all with only one power apiece. It saves time and makes the one Doc Robot much more dangerous. I actually hope this won't be the only time we see the Doc Robot, and it becomes something Mega Man fights every now and then. Although I guess with the way the Doc Robot is being set up within the story means that would make it difficult for the actual MM2 Robot Masters to appear again, since it has all of their IC Chips.

And only two more months out from Worlds Unite. Looks like Mega Man's part of the story will be #49-#52, assuming it's only going to take up four issues, like last time.

1. Yeah She's coloring the book. Ryan Odagawa is drawing it.

2. This issue has "Worlds Unite in 3" on it's cover so I think for Mega Man Worlds Unite starts in #50.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby RadRed89 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:54 pm

Oh yeah, that is a three. :oops:
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby TheMajinV » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:32 pm

Wow, Doc Robot looks utterly terrifying! It makes me wonder what they'll do with the character's personality. Will he a cold, ruthless monster; an amalgamation of the first gen's traits; or will he be a silent killer? I think I'm excited for this part more than the rematch with Break Man!
TheMajinV
BumbleNewbie

Postby lalalei2001 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:32 am

I wonder how MM3 will end to make way for the crossover. Hopefully it isn't too abrupt.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:09 am

lalalei2001 wrote:I wonder how MM3 will end to make way for the crossover. Hopefully it isn't too abrupt.

Well since #49 seems like it'll be the lead in I doubt that Mega Man 3 will lead into Worlds Unite at all.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:56 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
lalalei2001 wrote:I wonder how MM3 will end to make way for the crossover. Hopefully it isn't too abrupt.

Well since #49 seems like it'll be the lead in I doubt that Mega Man 3 will lead into Worlds Unite at all.

Wait a minute, I just realized something. The plot of Mega Man 4 relies on Mega Man believing that Wily is dead.

Oh, I guess they decided to forgo that plot point ever since issue 20 put the game boy games before it? The title of Mega Man 3 is "The end of Dr. Wily!?" in Japan, so its kind of a big deal to skip over.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:21 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:

Wait a minute, I just realized something. The plot of Mega Man 4 relies on Mega Man believing that Wily is dead.

Oh, I guess they decided to forgo that plot point ever since issue 20 put the game boy games before it? The title of Mega Man 3 is "The end of Dr. Wily!?" in Japan, so its kind of a big deal to skip over.

Maybe Wily would be presumed dead in the aftermath of the crossover? o.o
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:19 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:

Remember issue #20 the Gameboy/Wily Wars adaptation clearly is next in game adaptations. They're obviously going a different route.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:10 pm

Well, this is pretty much what I was expecting, but the Doc Robot is looking sharp. Gotta admit though, the literal translation "Skull Robot" from it's Japanese name sounds more appropriate all the time. I'm guessing that they'll be foregoing the rematch with the eight Robot Masters as they did during the Mega Man 2 adapt-it'd be pretty hard to pull off anyway-but that still leaves:

Kamegoro Maker
Yellow Devil 2
Copy Robot with Holograms
Wily Machine 3
AND Gamma for Mega Man to contend with.

Naturally the Wily Machine and Gamma will appear in 48, but I'm curious about those other three bosses and where they'll fall in the second MM3 arc.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby diamonddeath » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:06 pm

I would have liked to see this a bit truer to the game where there were 8 Doc Robots, but having one does make it seem more special, that is, assuming there really is only one. I'm sure Ian could come up with some great ideas for the other 7 down the line. I imagine something like the extra Robo-Robotnik bodies that were hidden somewhere in early Sonic issues. Maybe Wiy is saving them for something, like Worlds Unite.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby EvilEddie » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:Well, this is pretty much what I was expecting, but the Doc Robot is looking sharp. Gotta admit though, the literal translation "Skull Robot" from it's Japanese name sounds more appropriate all the time. I'm guessing that they'll be foregoing the rematch with the eight Robot Masters as they did during the Mega Man 2 adapt-it'd be pretty hard to pull off anyway-but that still leaves:

Kamegoro Maker
Yellow Devil 2
Copy Robot with Holograms
Wily Machine 3
AND Gamma for Mega Man to contend with.

Naturally the Wily Machine and Gamma will appear in 48, but I'm curious about those other three bosses and where they'll fall in the second MM3 arc.

They might not necessarily appear, in The Return of Dr. Wily Picopico-kun didn't appear at all.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!