Mega Man #44 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #44 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby QuantamEdge » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:58 am

Wow, what an issue! There were so many great moments it surprises me. However the two moments I loved the most were Light's reaction shot to Wily' betrayal (man, I've never seen him so ticked) and Spark Man's big moment. I mean jeez, I've seen some masters have quite a bit of character, but his just put things up to an emotional high. The impact his "We're robots. we don't get an afterlife" line SBR mentioned carried so much weight. I'd really like to see more of him in the future.
For the whole arc, I'd say this was really good, but I feel the next one will be the real cherry on top.
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicSoul » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:20 am

RadRed89 wrote:Wow. I was not expecting something so emotional out of Spark Man. Like, we've seen a lot of emotion from the MM3 Robot Masters so far, but that definitely takes the cake. His reaction to finding out he was the last one left, and the thoughts showing moments he'd shared with the rest of the MM3 DWNs (and Crash Man) was a nice touch. I want to see MORE of that in this book.

Hard Man didn't leave as much of an impression. Compared to the rest of the fights in this arc, his fight with Mega Man felt pretty brief, though it was pretty brutal. It was cool to see him give Mega Man an E-tank to recharge with before the fight though.

It's already pretty easy to see what's going to happen with the Doc Robot in Light Labs. I'm a little surprised that Break Man is just so casual about all of this though. His feelings about Dr. Light aside, I can't see him being alright with putting Roll in danger like this, considering his reaction to accidentally shooting her during the Ra Moon stories.

That's what I figured as well. He may not like Light a whole lot, but I always thought he'd never want to cause harm (directly or indirectly) to Light because of that. And harming Roll certainly doesn't seem like he'd want to do again. But whatever, he might still be in his "I just want to get back at him and his family" mindset before considering a change of heart and we might get more insight and dialogue from him when he eventually fights Mega Man.
Last edited by SonicSoul on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby DrakStarr » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:49 am

I loved what they did with Wily's roll call title in this issue.
DrakStarr
BumbleFan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:17 am

Did anyone else notice that each parts title is part of a Theme?

They're all how the Robot Masters go out in the arc. I just thought that was neat.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby SimonSays » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:46 pm

I don't usually hop over to the Mega Man side of the boards because I don't usually have much to say about them (they're always pretty consistently good). But I had to mention how great this one was, especially because of Spark Man's scene. Really emotional stuff. And like others said, Light and Roll's relationship really shone here too.

One of my favorite Mega Man issues so far, for sure.
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:06 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Did anyone else notice that each parts title is part of a Theme?

They're all how the Robot Masters go out in the arc. I just thought that was neat.

I had noticed this-it very much carries through the theme of having the fights be from the perspective of the doomed Robot Masters.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Axel T Rat » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:00 pm

+Like Hard Man's personality
+Likewise Spark Man
+Doc Robot's active. The word bubbles seem to hint at multiple personalities or something like that.

=Kinda expected Spark Man to go down like in the Bob and George webcomic at first, but this is its own deal.

-Seeing less of the actual stages, but understand we got to move on with the plot too.
-Eh. Not sure bout the Short Circuits there.

Now I have to wonder if all the Mega Man 3 stuff will be done by Worlds Unite and if Dr. Wily will be presumed dead by then given how the 3rd game ended.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby Tahtorak » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:08 am

So what's Spark Man's and Crash Man's club called? "Hands Off?" :mrgreen:
Tahtorak
BumbleFan

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:27 am

Ho ho ho, Spark Man and Crash Man had GREAT expressions in that panel! :)

Just got my Mega Man 44. Hard Man was decent and capable but kinda bland. I hated game Spark Man's design and stage so I'm kinda annoyed that comic Spark Man is actually the nicest character and cares the most about his brothers. I'm biiiiiiased!

Flynn gave the Doc Robot a personality?!? Wow, that's weird. Didn't expect that for some reason. I hope he turns out to be a break out character and he sticks around somehow (but not at the expense of game 2 robot masters).

Aaargh, I had to pick the alternate cover for 44. It's waaaaaaay more interesting than the sterile regular cover but it ruins my set since i got all the other 'Part x of 4' upper right heading covers. Still though, what's up with the funky numbers?

Something i'm kinda iffy on the art is the depiction of all the tears. It's an anime style thing but it happens too often and it's kinda losing its impact.
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:32 pm

8 issues to an arc now means the comic will complete 1 game adaptation a year (with four issues for original stories and crossovers). Flynn won't be finished with game 10 until 2021!!!

Btw, Spark Man is still alive! Rock didn't deactivate him! The Robot Masters don't lose their own weapons when Rock copies them so maybe he'll be around to help Rock against Doc Robot?

If he survives, Doc Robot should rename himself with a 'Man' name after. Dark Man got one.
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:31 am

FeroMcPigletron wrote:Flynn gave the Doc Robot a personality?!?

I don't think he gave him a personality; I think he gave him eight personalities.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:24 pm

So is there like one Doc bot? Also what stages do you revisit in MM3 I'm wonder because the adapt splits them into earth and space. I'm wonder in all the revisits are mixed or all either earth or space stages.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:26 pm

FeroMcPigletron wrote:8 issues to an arc now means the comic will complete 1 game adaptation a year (with four issues for original stories and crossovers). Flynn won't be finished with game 10 until 2021!!!

Is there a rush?
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby lalalei2001 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:48 pm

ReifuTD wrote:So is there like one Doc bot? Also what stages do you revisit in MM3 I'm wonder because the adapt splits them into earth and space. I'm wonder in all the revisits are mixed or all either earth or space stages.

In the game there are 8 Doc Robots, 2 in 4 stages. Each one has one of the MM2 robots' powers,mwith a different weakness to correspond to an MM3 weapon. They're split into revisits of the MM3 robot masters' stages, split into 2 sections per stage for a total of 8.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:28 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
FeroMcPigletron wrote:8 issues to an arc now means the comic will complete 1 game adaptation a year (with four issues for original stories and crossovers). Flynn won't be finished with game 10 until 2021!!!

Is there a rush?

There sure is. He's (Mega) Man's best friend, after all. (sorrysorry, haha).

I wonder how Flynn will do Doc Robot's eight personalities? Will one personality dominate? I imagine poor Doc bot will go crazy.

Hey, we're going to see more of the wily stage bosses now! The water bomb thingy, Yellow Devil again, ooooh how will Flynn handle the duplicate trio of Mega Mans?
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!