Does Mega Man still have the Magnet Beam?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Does Mega Man still have the Magnet Beam?

Postby SonicWindAttack » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:07 am

This may seem like a nitpick to some, but I thought it was worth bringing attention to regardless. What exactly happened to the Magnet Beam after the MM1 adaptation? I can understand wanting to delete the Robot Master weapons as soon as they aren't needed anymore, but for such a useful (and non-offensive) gizmo like the Magnet Beam, I don't get why he would choose to get rid of it. I guess you could say he removed it after he thought he wouldn't need to fight Wily anymore, but even in that case, why hasn't he reinstalled it since then? Did it have a conveniently short lifespan? Does Mega Man still have it, but completely forgot about it? Has it just become obsolete since Rush entered the equation? Please, somebody throw me a bone here.
SonicWindAttack
BumbleFan

Re: Does Mega Man still have the Magnet Beam?

Postby lalalei2001 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:05 am

I think it's cause Rush and the Items were better, and didn't fade away after 3 seconds.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Toby » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:37 am

It was replaced with Items 1-3, which were replaced by Rush, so it became pretty redundant.
Toby
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:01 am

I think Light still has the physical version of the Magnet Beam so him or Roll could still use it in the future, I'm sure Rock could copy the weapon again. Maybe Light even will or has put the Magnet Beam into a Robot Master?

As for them Items 1-3 I'm seen the Light Bots use them in the past before, I'm sure they will use it again.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:28 pm

ReifuTD wrote:I think Light still has the physical version of the Magnet Beam so him or Roll could still use it in the future, I'm sure Rock could copy the weapon again. Maybe Light even will or has put the Magnet Beam into a Robot Master?

Yeah, and he could call him "Magnet Man"!

...no, wait...

Seriously, though, if Mega Man did still have it, I'd have loved to have seen it be broken out during the fight with Magnet Man.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby ReifuTD » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:50 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:I think Light still has the physical version of the Magnet Beam so him or Roll could still use it in the future, I'm sure Rock could copy the weapon again. Maybe Light even will or has put the Magnet Beam into a Robot Master?

Yeah, and he could call him "Magnet Man"!

...no, wait...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Off the top my head I could think of some other names that could work,

Spoiler: show
Polar Man or Tractor Man

A robot made for rescuing people who are either trapped in high places that needs to be reached or cross wide gaps. Most useful for rescuing people from burning buildings and recovering those who are lost in the rocky wilderness. Also cat from trees, :P
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Return to For Everlasting Peace!