Mega Man Tv Series

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

what network would you wan to watch it on?

Cartoon Network
56%
Nickelodeon/Nicktoons
22%
Disney XD
11%
Discovery Family
11%

Total votes : 9

Mega Man Tv Series

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Let's say Capcom decides to bring back Mega Man with a tv series (as part of a ...i dunno, a reboot?). What direction would you want the show to follow. The Original games, the archie comics, or something original? & what network would you hope, would air it, based on the content, the maturity of the show, the quality, & the schedule?
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Re: Mega Man Tv Series

Postby lalalei2001 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:47 pm

I want a continuation of the original Ruby-Spears cartoon!
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:11 pm

I would want to see it on Netflix, I don't trust Cartoon Network, Nick and Disney are way more respectful to their acquired shows. I don't think Mega Man is the kind of show that would air on Discovery Family the only reason the hub show are on there is because it used to be the hub, I think they would be making any new cartoon shows like those.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby ShadowBat20 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:47 am

If a new Mega Man series was made, I'd be up for it doing its own thing. But, if it were to adapt anything, I'd really want it to adapt the comics.

As for what channel...tough call. All of them has their pros and cons...can't really decide yet.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:49 am

Thinking about it, Where is the Mighty Number 9 airing/streaming, Capcom may want to avoid that place for a Mega Man show. Actually I keep getting this feeling this Mighty Number 9 stuff might for Capcom to do some kind of move with Mega Man.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby The Bored » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:16 pm

The Mighty Number 9 television is still just a concept right now. It's still not 100% certain whether that will happen or not.

If a Mega Man cartoon is ever made, I would personally want it to follow some of the comic's story elements but do it's own thing. In the comics the stories are so short that a show based on them would run out of source material pretty quickly if it was just adapting the comics as they are.

& the German theme song to the Ruby Spears cartoon was better than the one we got.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:34 pm

The Bored wrote:If a Mega Man cartoon is ever made, I would personally want it to follow some of the comic's story elements but do it's own thing. In the comics the stories are so short that a show based on them would run out of source material pretty quickly if it was just adapting the comics as they are.

Well they could do it as animated film/web series thing like Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist. There's are a lot of sight to DVD kids series out there
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Spin » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:53 am

I'd be content with a Mega Man cartoon in the style of the comic. It would do a better job adapting video game arcs at least due to the amount of action you can get out of twenty minutes of animation as opposed to twenty pages in a comic book.

As for the channel, I don't care as long as it's not butchered as badly as 4Kids did with Mega Man NT Warrior.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Tsurugi » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:03 pm

4Kids had nothing to do with NT Warrior, it was dubbed by Ocean Productions in Canada,and cutting original music aside, the talent for it was pretty good for the most part. But I think Warner Bros. may have had a larger part in how the dubbing was handled when airing it for Kids WB.

On topic, if they do make a new animated series, I'd like it to be a mix of the original games, the Archie comics, and maybe have hints of the Hitoshi Ariga mangas.
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Viz was the driving force behind the NT Warrior anime, as they were the manga and other merchandise.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:19 pm

The new Mega Man show would be called "Rock." It would focus on the pre-Mega Man adventures of Rock as he grows into the hero he needs to be.

Every episode will feature another Pre-Robot Master villain while constantly winking and nudging you with references to every Robot Master.

Dr. Light and Wily will start out as best friends and keep growing farther and farther apart until Wily is killed in and explosion and revived in cloned body then gets his memories wiped and so he'll forget about being beaten by Rock so he can fight Mega Man.

It'll go on for 10 seasons longer than it should and eventually start using other Capcom characters as a crutch to get people watching.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Frontier » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:56 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:The new Mega Man show would be called "Rock." It would focus on the pre-Mega Man adventures of Rock as he grows into the hero he needs to be.

Every episode will feature another Pre-Robot Master villain while constantly winking and nudging you with references to every Robot Master.

Dr. Light and Wily will start out as best friends and keep growing farther and farther apart until Wily is killed in and explosion and revived in cloned body then gets his memories wiped and so he'll forget about being beaten by Rock so he can fight Mega Man.

It'll go on for 10 seasons longer than it should and eventually start using other Capcom characters as a crutch to get people watching.

I see what you did there :) .

Hmm... I've definitely thought about what I'd want from a Mega Man cartoon before, and in general while I wouldn't want it to adapt the comics per se (which wouldn't really be feasible at this point anyways), I would like if it took cues from the comic in terms of how to adapt the games, handle the story, and develop the characters. Maybe have the first season or arc adapt Mega Man 1 or use the MM1 Robot Masters as Wily's enforcers that Rock has to fight. The episodes can be relatively standalone but still build up to the eventual final fight with Wily as Mega Man slowly but surely brings down the Robot Masters. Or something like that at least :) .

As for the network, I guess it would depend on what the creators would be going for. If they wanted the cartoon to mainly be a comedy about the Misadventures of Mega Man and other Robot Masters, with a few action moments, then Cartoon Network could work like it does for Boom. Considering Disney doesn't own Mega Man, I doubt it would do well on XD but Nickelodeon might work... if it proved popular at least, and Nick treated it well.
Last edited by Frontier on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frontier
BumbleFan

Postby ReifuTD » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:27 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:The new Mega Man show would be called "Rock." It would focus on the pre-Mega Man adventures of Rock as he grows into the hero he needs to be.

So, "Rock" would be about a young Bad Box Art Mega Man?

How do robot masters work in the Bad Box Art world anyway? I think Wily is cannon in his world but are the robot masters, Robots, Cyborgs, Cyber Mutants? (Gotta lobe the 80s/90s) or crazy guys in costumes?
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:07 am

ReifuTD wrote:

How do robot masters work in the Bad Box Art world anyway? I think Wily is cannon in his world but are the robot masters, Robots, Cyborgs, Cyber Mutants? (Gotta lobe the 80s/90s) or crazy guys in costumes?

"Humanoids," robot-like beings created by the wrongly-performed experiments by Dr. Wily on human beings.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:28 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:

"Humanoids," robot-like beings created by the wrongly-performed experiments by Dr. Wily on human beings.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Does that mean Bad Box Art X fightsInhumanoids?
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!