MegaMan X series?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: MegaMan X series?

Postby Sunwalker » Tue May 05, 2015 9:55 am

I feel that Megaman X had interesting concepts, but has never had been explorated.

Robots with free will are what is supposed to separate X from Classic, but in the games you hardly see any difference in the behavior of the robots from one to the other. Also there is a serious absence of humans in the X series, we never really get to see how the human society deals with sentient robots.

I also keep wondering how reploids come to be. In a short period of time the world is crawled by them. Does some factory just made them on demand and they are instantly ready for a complex task like leading a command center? I don't think there were put much thought into the games' plots as it should and could. There are plenty of thought provoking questions about the nature of free will that could have been presented, but they never were.

I think that an X comic series could better handle the themes.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue May 05, 2015 1:52 pm

In X6, we see that the bosses were each designed by Gate himself, so there COULD be factory designed models, but all of the reploids whose origins we know of seem to have been developed specifically by some individual or group.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue May 05, 2015 3:58 pm

Wasn't there more than one Life Saver?

The entire idea of multiples is one I'd love to see addressed in both X and classic. Because there's really no in-universe reason not to have multiples.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby Penguin God » Tue May 05, 2015 4:36 pm

I always thought most Robot Masters were custom-made to order. There are loads of mass produced robots, but even when we see Robot Masters share the same job they're very different individuals.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue May 05, 2015 6:30 pm

Well, there are the generics...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!