MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:24 pm

I haven't gotten the issue yet, but wait the robots are called Duo, Trio and Quartet? I get the name Quartet, But to point out Duo and Trio are Italian words but the word Quartet is French. The Italian is Quattro. Also the Italian for One is Uno. So yeah, we could have had a set of characters called, Uno, Duo, Trio and Quattro. That was something I wanted to point out.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Spin » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:10 pm

ReifuTD wrote:I haven't gotten the issue yet, but wait the robots are called Duo, Trio and Quartet? I get the name Quartet, But to point out Duo and Trio are Italian words but the word Quartet is French. The Italian is Quattro. Also the Italian for One is Uno. So yeah, we could have had a set of characters called, Uno, Duo, Trio and Quattro. That was something I wanted to point out.

The naming theme is the number of musicians in a performance as music themed names are customary in Mega Man. So it'd be Solo. Duet (Duo). Trio. Quartet. And onwards.

Bet the Star Marshal named after six hates himself deeply.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:46 pm

Spin wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:I haven't gotten the issue yet, but wait the robots are called Duo, Trio and Quartet? I get the name Quartet, But to point out Duo and Trio are Italian words but the word Quartet is French. The Italian is Quattro. Also the Italian for One is Uno. So yeah, we could have had a set of characters called, Uno, Duo, Trio and Quattro. That was something I wanted to point out.

The naming theme is the number of musicians in a performance as music themed names are customary in Mega Man. So it'd be Solo. Duet (Duo). Trio. Quartet. And onwards.

Bet the Star Marshal named after six hates himself deeply.

Actually being named the same thing that maps the stars would be quite ironic.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby HeinousActsZX » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:03 am

I can't stop rereading this issue.
I came into this issue expecting the continuation of the MM3 story, which wouldn't be bad, but I thought I knew what was coming.
Tying together two separate element of the Mega Man mythos totally blew me away, but it made so much sense. Seeing Trio got me so excited for the future of the series, so much groundwork is being laid!
I've never been so excited for a new issue, and I absolutely can't wait until next month's.
Oh, and Gemini Man was a blast.
HeinousActsZX
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:29 am

I like how they glossed over the weirdness that was Gemini Man's stage. Was that place really studying algae or what?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Damo » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:59 pm

Looking at the issue again, I'm curious if Ian has any ideas yet for how he'd tie the Constellation Droids into all this spacey robot stuff.
Damo
BumbleKnight

Postby ReifuTD » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:12 pm

Damo wrote:Looking at the issue again, I'm curious if Ian has any ideas yet for how he'd tie the Constellation Droids into all this spacey robot stuff.

I'd love to see Virgo VS Splash Woman some day.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Damo » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:29 pm

ReifuTD wrote:
Damo wrote:Looking at the issue again, I'm curious if Ian has any ideas yet for how he'd tie the Constellation Droids into all this spacey robot stuff.

I'd love to see Virgo VS Splash Woman some day.

I'd prefer Splash Woman and Pisces. Fight starts, comic cuts away, then cuts back to show them trading stories about what it's like to be a bot stuck in the water while everything fun is happening on land...
Damo
BumbleKnight

Postby EvilEddie » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:34 pm

There might be licensing issues for the Constellation Droids that'd have to be addressed first.

And since the Rockman and Forte 2 guys are a no go...
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby FoxsDumbSeriesMaker » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:34 pm

Since I only played the first half of Mega Man 8, I never got to see what Trio really looked like until now. He looks like a total boss! All the information that you guys have been exchanging about Duo's kind made me realize that Mega Man is an extremely deep series. It's unfortunate that the comics aren't selling as well as the Sonic series, since it has very intriguing lore. The lower sales probably have something to do with the fact that Capcom wont bother making any more games.

Also, Quick Man's resistance made me wonder something: why is it that Blues and Bass are able to disobey their masters, but then others like him can't? Sometimes it feels like Blues and Bass were the first to have free will before X.
FoxsDumbSeriesMaker
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:39 pm

FoxsDumbSeriesMaker wrote:[color=#000040]Since I only played the first half of Mega Man 8, I never got to see what Trio really looked like until now.

Actually, playing Mega Man 8 wouldn't show you anything. Just like Duo's original Design, Trio's design wasn't shown in-game.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby FoxsDumbSeriesMaker » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:00 pm

Okay, so I just looked up Trio on the Mega Man Wiki, and...that's it? He fought Duo and got destroyed, leaking evil energy afterwards? That was his role? Jeez, I assumed from the beginning of the cinematic, he was going to be the final boss or something. I hope he makes more of an appearance in the comics. He could have his own ark where he's the villain, or there could be a plot twist and he's the final threat in the MM8 adaptation. Seriously, a character that awesome and evil looking is too good to pass up for a quick death. 8)
FoxsDumbSeriesMaker
BumbleCitizen

Postby Penguin God » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:12 pm

FoxsDumbSeriesMaker wrote:Also, Quick Man's resistance made me wonder something: why is it that Blues and Bass are able to disobey their masters, but then others like him can't? Sometimes it feels like Blues and Bass were the first to have free will before X.

Robot Masters don't have true free will, but they have very close. They are unable to act against their programming, but Bass' programming makes him a temperamental egotist who will disobey his master, and Blues' experimental personality made him a rogue loner who learned not to trust. Essentially, they are people, there's just some issues that keep them from being totally free to choose for themselves.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby SonicSoul » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:55 pm

There's also Ballade and King who sort of join the "can disobey/defy orders from master" category though their reasons are a bit different than Blues or Bass's. For Ballade it was more of him realizing MM was a noble warrior such as himself and was willing to sacrifice himself so MM would live another day. King believed he was acting out of the best interests of robot-kind and wanted to create an army that would overthrow humanity.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Damo » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:22 pm

SonicSoul wrote:King believed he was acting out of the best interests of robot-kind and wanted to create an army that would overthrow humanity.

Which is what Wily programmed him to do.

The "free will...ish" bit about King was what he did AFTER Wily went "Dude, I programmed you to raise a robot army to overthrow humanity."
Damo
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!