MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:29 am

Archdeco wrote:Can it be assumed that Wily hid his prepaid skull-phone in the toilet cistern, ala Walter White? The more I think about it the more they have in common.


Man Breaking Bad would have been an entirely different show if Walter decided to make killer robots instead of Meth. I don't know if it would have been better or worse or both. :(hearty laughter):
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Tylinos » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:13 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Archdeco wrote:Can it be assumed that Wily hid his prepaid skull-phone in the toilet cistern, ala Walter White? The more I think about it the more they have in common.


Man Breaking Bad would have been an entirely different show if Walter decided to make killer robots instead of Meth. I don't know if it would have been better or worse or both. :(hearty laughter):

And who was Wily calling on that phone? Break Man.
User avatar
Tylinos
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 931
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:43 am

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:53 pm

Tylinos wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Archdeco wrote:Can it be assumed that Wily hid his prepaid skull-phone in the toilet cistern, ala Walter White? The more I think about it the more they have in common.


Man Breaking Bad would have been an entirely different show if Walter decided to make killer robots instead of Meth. I don't know if it would have been better or worse or both. :(hearty laughter):

And who was Wily calling on that phone? Break Man.

Whose real name is Blues. Like Walter's product! Egad, it's all linked!*

Spoiler: show
*No it's not, but it's still kinda funny.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing
 
Posts: 5837
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Toby » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:57 pm

You're playin' with fire, Ian! I can hear the internet exploding with crazy rumors already. =p
User avatar
Toby
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1123
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:38 am
Location: Texas

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:45 pm

Doesn't the bass in the Mega Mail look like Bass.exe? How did Capcom allow that image to be posted on the comic without Viz going crazy?

anyway, comic was amazing, and it took met o right now to realize something. Trio went Maverick, the energy Wily found was inside Trio, and is theorized to be the origin of the Maverick virus.

Was Trio infected by some form of Maverick virus? Or was trio Patient Zero?
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:34 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Doesn't the bass in the Mega Mail look like Bass.exe? How did Capcom allow that image to be posted on the comic without Viz going crazy?

anyway, comic was amazing, and it took met o right now to realize something. Trio went Maverick, the energy Wily found was inside Trio, and is theorized to be the origin of the Maverick virus.

Was Trio infected by some form of Maverick virus? Or was trio Patient Zero?

Careful. You're going to pull something jumping to such conclusions.

The Star Marshals are not robots on the same level as the Robot Masters or Reploids. "Going Maverick" is a Reploid-exclusive concept. Blues and Bass are not "Maverick" because they defy their creators, and Trio being a traitor does not make him "Maverick" either.

I am making a small link between Ra Moon and the Evil Energy, and it would appear that the Maverick Virus was born from some kind of roboenza/Evil Energy fusion, but those are pieces that have yet to be assembled.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing
 
Posts: 5837
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Zan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:34 am

it would appear that the Maverick Virus was born from some kind of roboenza/Evil Energy fusion


Why does the Sigma Virus appear to you as a fusion of Roboenza and Evil Energy? Rather than two separate lines of study combining, wouldn't it be more logical for Roboenza to derive from the Evil Energy as an intermediary step in Wily's R&D? In your vision, does Roboenza exhibit the same Cyber Elf physiology implied by both Evil Energy and the Sigma Virus, or is it plain old nanomachinery containing a computer virus? If the latter, I can definitely get behind that idea. It does lend more credit to the century-long absence of a cure, whereas Wily supplied one for Roboenza.

Nah. I named them after that region of space because, like most of the icy bodies out there, they're small and unremarkable. The Kuiper Droids are the fodder. Shadow Man just happened to get a much more fulfilling life.


I must say, it's somewhat awkward for extraterrestrials from antiquity to utilize anglicized planetary names with an Earth-centric chain of command. This secondary group, named after a dutch scientist not born for twenty more millennia to come, very much emphasizes the oddity. Are we supposed to presume a heavy dose of localization exists for the benefit of the reader, exchanging terminology from the alien's native language with understandable synonyms?


The Star Marshals are not robots on the same level as the Robot Masters or Reploids.


Both the games and Gigamix ascertain them as energy entities achieving physical form. The duality of Justice and Evil Energy, born from a neutral energy source with the potential for both, defines their very existence.

Now, Trio's design always struck me as a clear corruption of Duo's original "White Giant" form. Quartet's identical appearance corroborates this. How then is Trio supposed to prepare a cover-story looking as twisted as he does? The aura emanating from his altered body also leaves no room for error. The Star Marshals will see through his flimsy excuses at a glance.

Ps. Aside from the aforementioned nitpicks, I actually really liked the issue.
Last edited by Zan on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zan
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:39 pm

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:29 am

Ian Flynn wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:Doesn't the bass in the Mega Mail look like Bass.exe? How did Capcom allow that image to be posted on the comic without Viz going crazy?

anyway, comic was amazing, and it took met o right now to realize something. Trio went Maverick, the energy Wily found was inside Trio, and is theorized to be the origin of the Maverick virus.

Was Trio infected by some form of Maverick virus? Or was trio Patient Zero?

Careful. You're going to pull something jumping to such conclusions.

The Star Marshals are not robots on the same level as the Robot Masters or Reploids. "Going Maverick" is a Reploid-exclusive concept. Blues and Bass are not "Maverick" because they defy their creators, and Trio being a traitor does not make him "Maverick" either.


That makes sense to me. I've not played MM8 so all I have to go on are WWC and this issue but Duo an The Star Marshals read more like Autobots than straight Robots or Robot Masters to me. Heh, I guess that makes Trio Megatron I'll forever read himin Frank Welkers voice now. :(hearty laughter):
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Penguin God » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:15 pm

Zan wrote:
it would appear that the Maverick Virus was born from some kind of roboenza/Evil Energy fusion


Why does the Sigma Virus appear to you as a fusion of Roboenza and Evil Energy? Rather than two separate lines of study combining, wouldn't it be more logical for Roboenza to derive from the Evil Energy as an intermediary step in Wily's R&D?

Roboenza is a computer virus that doesn't really act like Evil Energy at all. Evil Energy just powers things up if they're baddies, while Roboenza supplies the madness.
User avatar
Penguin God
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:28 pm

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:52 pm

oth the games and Gigamix ascertain them as energy entities achieving physical form

Gonna need to see proof of this in the games, because if that's so, then Ian probably has some mad retconning to do, like he did with the IC chips. Haha.

it's somewhat awkward for extraterrestrials from antiquity to utilize anglicized planetary names with an Earth-centric chain of command.

Who's to say that the planets (and the gods they are named after) aren't named after the Stardroids?

he Star Marshals are not robots on the same level as the Robot Masters or Reploids

So the Star Marshals are more akin to Robot Masters, then? That woudl mean that Trio's conversion was either the result of shoddy programming on his creators' parts (like with Proto Man), or that Trio was reprogrammed by Ra Moon (like the MM3 robot masters). I can understand the latter, because he said "I have come to believe in it as much as you and his other children."

Also, looking over this issue again, there is one major, MAJOR thing that I'm noticing in this arc. There's a distinct lack of Mega Man vs proto man, and even worse, Mega Man going through Geminiman's stage without Proto man there to break open the path for him. That was one of the earliest in-stage cutscenes in the franchise and the first indication that Proto Man wasn't a villain, but this comic doesn't have it. In adding to the lore by tieing elements together, ian has forgotten to include something that was actually in the game.
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:19 pm

Zan wrote:
Nah. I named them after that region of space because, like most of the icy bodies out there, they're small and unremarkable. The Kuiper Droids are the fodder. Shadow Man just happened to get a much more fulfilling life.


I must say, it's somewhat awkward for extraterrestrials from antiquity to utilize anglicized planetary names with an Earth-centric chain of command. This secondary group, named after a dutch scientist not born for twenty more millennia to come, very much emphasizes the oddity. Are we supposed to presume a heavy dose of localization exists for the benefit of the reader, exchanging terminology from the alien's native language with understandable synonyms?


I figure the answer would be the same as whatever led extraterrestrial entities to adopt English/Earth-based names in the first place.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
User avatar
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite
 
Posts: 10987
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:19 pm
Location: Balloon Fight Arena

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Zan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:00 pm

To add to Ian Flynn's previous post, from Rockman Online:
Duo’s a robot who made his appearance on Earth long before the free-willed repliroids appeared, but he’s said to have technology that’s even more advanced than today’s repliroids.

---

What you must always keep in mind is that Duo has complete immunity to the “Sigma Virus” which causes a fatal error in free-willed robots, and all other variations and similar viruses.

In addition, Duo Types have the ability to detect viruses or Irregulars with negative intent.
Because they can instantly tell whether or not somebody is lying, attempting to lie to or cheat a Duo Type Hunter is forbidden.

Warning: Duo Type Hunters are made to naturally eliminate evil. They will instinctively launch a punch at even the slightest little fib. Before lying, always be on the lookout for Duo Type Hunters. A single careless lie can cause both parties irreversible trauma.


Star Marshals like Duo are unable to go Maverick. However, it does raise questions about Trio's secrecy, betrayal and subsequent cover-story. His lies should not be effective in front of his own kind.

Gonna need to see proof of this in the games


In the games, Duo and his foe are shown to have the ability to freely alternate between corporeal and energy forms. Upon the destruction of his physical shell "Trio" (or another some such Star Marshal) leaves behind the Evil Energy, which then acts of its own volition. From there, the derivative Sigma Virus and Cyber Elves complete the picture. See also Duo's depiction in Gigamix.

Anyway, have some obscure Duo info for the fun of it:
http://kobun20.interordi.com/2010/09/02 ... -showtime/
http://kobun20.interordi.com/2011/03/07 ... el-earths/
http://kobun20.interordi.com/2010/08/31 ... f-the-law/
Zan
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:39 pm

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Zan wrote:Star Marshals like Duo are unable to go Maverick. However, it does raise questions about Trio's secrecy, betrayal and subsequent cover-story. His lies should not be effective in front of his own kind.


Spoiler: show
Conversely, it could be that because he's one of those kind that they aren't as easily able to detect it. Who better to hide such a thing than one who understands them?


--LBD "Nytetrayn"
User avatar
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite
 
Posts: 10987
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:19 pm
Location: Balloon Fight Arena

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Kureejii Lea » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Also, looking over this issue again, there is one major, MAJOR thing that I'm noticing in this arc. There's a distinct lack of Mega Man vs proto man, and even worse, Mega Man going through Geminiman's stage without Proto man there to break open the path for him. That was one of the earliest in-stage cutscenes in the franchise and the first indication that Proto Man wasn't a villain, but this comic doesn't have it. In adding to the lore by tieing elements together, ian has forgotten to include something that was actually in the game.


Orrrrr maybe you're presuming a bit too much.
User avatar
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:26 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:25 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:Also, looking over this issue again, there is one major, MAJOR thing that I'm noticing in this arc. There's a distinct lack of Mega Man vs proto man, and even worse, Mega Man going through Geminiman's stage without Proto man there to break open the path for him. That was one of the earliest in-stage cutscenes in the franchise and the first indication that Proto Man wasn't a villain, but this comic doesn't have it. In adding to the lore by tieing elements together, ian has forgotten to include something that was actually in the game.


Orrrrr maybe you're presuming a bit too much.

I'm thinking that we'll see it in part 2 of the adaptation, since it will just be Doc robots to deal with at that point
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron