MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Damo » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:02 pm

HeinousActsZX wrote:All this talk about dwarf planets makes me wonder what kinda of jokes we're going to get with Pluto come the Mega Man V adaption. Poor guy probably has an inferiority complex.

He's a cat-themed robot named after a cartoon dog. He has all kinds of issues!
Damo
BumbleKnight

Postby Illustrious Q » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:46 pm

Who also happens to be the god of the underworld.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Toby » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:37 am

Only if you believe the filthy lies of those ancient Romans.
Toby
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:26 am

So, after reading the issue I'm not sure how much I can say that hadn't already. One thing that scene where Wily says he was going to take a Break, the way Roll looked at him I thought she was going to fallow him. Then harass him well he was in the bathroom.

*Knock, Knock*

Roll: Dr. Wily could you hurry up? I need to pee!

Wily: What? You're a robot you can hold it!

Roll: But I've been holding it, my filtration tank is at maximum! The emergency release could let go any minute!
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:40 am

ReifuTD wrote:So, after reading the issue I'm not sure how much I can say that hadn't already. One thing that scene where Wily says he was going to take a Break, the way Roll looked at him I thought she was going to fallow him. Then harass him well he was in the bathroom.

*Knock, Knock*

Roll: But I've been holding it, my filtration tank is at maximum! The emergency release could let go any minute!

I really doubt the comic would go into the intricacies of robot urination.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SurrealBrain » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:04 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:So, after reading the issue I'm not sure how much I can say that hadn't already. One thing that scene where Wily says he was going to take a Break, the way Roll looked at him I thought she was going to fallow him. Then harass him well he was in the bathroom.

*Knock, Knock*

It better not. This is a kid's comic.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby Antiyonder » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:14 pm

Incidentally, while Wily may not be evil enough to condone murder, would he be evil enough not to wash his hands after actual bathroom use?
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Postby CaleTheCat » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:37 pm

Antiyonder wrote:Incidentally, while Wily may not be evil enough to condone murder, would he be evil enough not to wash his hands after actual bathroom use?

If he is, he's probably friends with this guy:
Spoiler: show

--Fumo!
CaleTheCat
BumbleClan

Postby Nintenfreak » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:08 am

ReifuTD wrote:I haven't gotten the issue yet, but wait the robots are called Duo, Trio and Quartet? I get the name Quartet, But to point out Duo and Trio are Italian words but the word Quartet is French. The Italian is Quattro. Also the Italian for One is Uno. So yeah, we could have had a set of characters called, Uno, Duo, Trio and Quattro. That was something I wanted to point out.

Nah, the 1 bot would definitely be Solo

diamonddeath wrote:Really awesome issue! I love that the mysterious evil space robot is finally a character! One thing I was a bit confused on though is how Gemini Man was designed to be a mining robot if he was originally designed to be a battle robot by Dr. Wily.

It's been a while, but remember that the MM3 robot masters were actually designed by Light and Albert and were, likely, to be the second series of Robot Masters.
Nintenfreak
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:12 am

Nintenfreak wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:I haven't gotten the issue yet, but wait the robots are called Duo, Trio and Quartet? I get the name Quartet, But to point out Duo and Trio are Italian words but the word Quartet is French. The Italian is Quattro. Also the Italian for One is Uno. So yeah, we could have had a set of characters called, Uno, Duo, Trio and Quattro. That was something I wanted to point out.

Nah, the 1 bot would definitely be Solo

diamonddeath wrote:Really awesome issue! I love that the mysterious evil space robot is finally a character! One thing I was a bit confused on though is how Gemini Man was designed to be a mining robot if he was originally designed to be a battle robot by Dr. Wily.

It's been a while, but remember that the MM3 robot masters were actually designed by Light and Albert and were, likely, to be the second series of Robot Masters.

In Spirius Ex Machina, when Ra Moon makes the MM3 masters, Wily mentions how he had his plans for the next wave of masters on his laptop. Him and Light had designed them together, probably right before the Mega Man 1 arc. Notice how Light had tons of designs, and even skipped ahead to concrete man and splash woman.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:33 am

Dejiko wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

*Knock, Knock*

It better not. This is a kid's comic.

Well I'd admit the filtration tank thing wouldn't come up, I just felt like since Wily is more familiar with robots she might need to have said that and I in part kind of wanted to explain the robot urination thing.

In media "The I need to pee" tactic is often used by little girls and sometimes women who've been captured to fluster their male captors into making a mistake. This is something I think Roll would do given how rambunctious I've seen the character get. She said she was going to keep an eye on Wily. The way she looked at him she suspect something. Knocking on the door would have been a good way to show her actively harass Wily an make sure he wasn't doing something like a secret phone call at least keep the call short. Also Auto could still pick up the signal only Roll would have been there to hear it and become more specious.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Zulon Eredas » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:24 pm

should I be worried that I haven't got the issue yet?
Zulon Eredas
BumbleNoble

Postby Bean » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:15 am

Zulon Eredas wrote:should I be worried that I haven't got the issue yet?

I had the same problem with the issue before this. You'll want to contact Archie's order help if it doesn't come in by around the 15th-20th at the latest.

orderhelp@archiecomics.com is their address. They helped send Mega Man #41 to me pretty quickly. You'll need the shipping address and how long you're subscribed to as basic info to provide to them. It happens.
-------------------
Now then, I've loved how the pacing is for this arc so far. It helps when you don't have to cram 12 stages (or in this case, 19!) into four issues. Giving the bots more pages gives them a chance to show their personalities better. The Mega Man 2 ones were almost an afterthought back in the day, but the Mega Man 1 ones have mostly had their chance to show off in stories since then outside of poor ol' Fire Man.

Surprised to see the creative liberties taken with Shadow Man, but I'm all for it. I'm also for how the ending of the issue was. For some reason, I was expecting a total curb stomping of all eight bots, but I'm getting pleasantly surprised that this isn't the case.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:29 am

Bean wrote:Surprised to see the creative liberties taken with Shadow Man, but I'm all for it. I'm also for how the ending of the issue was. For some reason, I was expecting a total curb stomping of all eight bots, but I'm getting pleasantly surprised that this isn't the case.

I don't know if "creative liberties" is the right term here. Duo in Gigamix strikes me more as a creative liberty; this is more fleshing out what was already there and tying it into everything else that was sort of related.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Damo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:01 pm

*Knock, Knock*

And now I'm remembering this.
Damo
BumbleKnight

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!