MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:23 pm

We're 2/8ths of the way through the Mega Man 3 adaptation! We've also got the scene I've been dying to get to since we introduced Shadow Man. I'm rather excited to get the chance to tie together all the space elements!
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Re: MM#042 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby sonicray » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:00 pm

I was rather intrested in ShadowMans unique back story, I hope he gets his own arc about his past.
sonicray
BumbleNoble

Postby Gonzo » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:45 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:I'm rather excited to get the chance to tie together all the space elements!

And I'm glad you did. ^^

Question: Is Quartet the robot that'll become Duo (after his buddies put him back together, if possible), or did Duo not change his name and this is just an unfortunate red shirt?
Gonzo
BumbleKnight

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:13 pm

So looking at the preview pages Kuiper droids? Ian Do any of then have these names?

Spoiler: show
I'm betting Shadow Man's real name is Nix

Also since we are bring the Kuiper belt into this? Does this mean Pluto is one of them? Yeah I probably shouldn't take the Kuiper Droids name literally But with the stuff about Pluto not longer being a planet I have to ask in a half joking and half serious kind of way.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:24 am

Gonzo wrote:
Ian Flynn wrote:I'm rather excited to get the chance to tie together all the space elements!

And I'm glad you did. ^^

Question: Is Quartet the robot that'll become Duo (after his buddies put him back together, if possible), or did Duo not change his name and this is just an unfortunate red shirt?

No, Duo is Duo. Quartet is dead.

ReifuTD wrote:So looking at the preview pages Kuiper droids? Ian Do any of then have these names?

Also since we are bring the Kuiper belt into this? Does this mean Pluto is one of them? Yeah I probably shouldn't take the Kuiper Droids name literally But with the stuff about Pluto not longer being a planet I have to ask in a half joking and half serious kind of way.

Nah. I named them after that region of space because, like most of the icy bodies out there, they're small and unremarkable. The Kupier Droids are the fodder. Shadow Man just happened to get a much more fulfilling life.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:39 am

Ian Flynn wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:So looking at the preview pages Kuiper droids? Ian Do any of then have these names?

Nah. I named them after that region of space because, like most of the icy bodies out there, they're small and unremarkable. The Kupier Droids are the fodder. Shadow Man just happened to get a much more fulfilling life.

It's nice to see the cast around the Stardroids expanded, I'd like to see other dwarf planets other then Pluto explored. Like Ceres and Eris are names that sound like it would be fun to seen turned into robots. Maybe even some moon based bots?
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:56 am

Man, I wish Archie would bring Mini-Series's back because I would read the heck out of a Stardroid Mini-Series focused on their war.

The rest of the issue was cool and I love Gemini Man talk's to himselves. :(hearty laughter):
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Spin » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:27 am

Shame the name wasn't Quatre, so we could have Megadam Wings.

Hope the evil energy robot has no direct connection with Ra Moon/Stardroids. While I can appreciate some gaps getting filled and having a mythos established in a style that bridges some of space stuff together to make a unique twist on the characters. I don't want to find out everything falls under a single category.

Really like the Shadow Man origin however.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:26 am

If I remember right, Shadow Man was originally depicted here in his full Robot Master form, and that wasn't the intention, correct?

If that's the case, then I'm curious if the form seen here is what he was supposed to look like, or if it was adapted or even changed outright to more closely match what we saw in his first appearance.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby The Bored » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:48 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Man, I wish Archie would bring Mini-Series's back because I would read the heck out of a Stardroid Mini-Series focused on their war.

The rest of the issue was cool and I love Gemini Man talk's to himselves. :(hearty laughter):

Take it Archie! Take it and make this awesome thiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg!!!!!
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby Tylinos » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:19 pm

This was a really fun issue. I like how things were tied together pretty nicely with Shadow Man's backstory, and Gemini Man's pep talk with himself gave me a laugh.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby ReifuTD » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:44 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Man, I wish Archie would bring Mini-Series's back because I would read the heck out of a Stardroid Mini-Series focused on their war.

What we need is a Mega Man book like Sonic Universe, But I'm sure Archie is doing X first. From there if did do a Mega Man Universe comic (Sonic has three now so it's possible) it could focus on side characters and stories between Classic and X, Maybe do some adaption of the Zero, Legends and ZX. Actually they could split the pages like they did with intruding X, use the last five or even ten pages to tell a different story like maybe and on going adaption of one of the games. Five or ten pages of a Mega Man Legends comic every month is better then none.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Toby » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:48 pm

Doesn't seem like Mega Man is quite selling well enough to warrent a sister series. Maybe Worlds Unite will change that, but Collide didn't seem to make a lasting impact.
Toby
BumbleNoble

Postby diamonddeath » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:01 am

Toby wrote:Doesn't seem like Mega Man is quite selling well enough to warrent a sister series. Maybe Worlds Unite will change that, but Collide didn't seem to make a lasting impact.

I think Mega Man X is probably the next series if another Mega Man comic were to happen. I guess Archie was testing the waters with Dawn of X. I hope it did well enough to warrant a Mega Man X book, if anything because I know it's in good hands, but I absolutely do want to see Mega Man keep growing strong!
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby Archdeco » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:01 am

Can it be assumed that Wily hid his prepaid skull-phone in the toilet cistern, ala Walter White? The more I think about it the more they have in common.

Also I'm pleased that Trio gets to have an actual name, finally. MM8 came out in '96 for crying out loud.

diamonddeath wrote:I hope it did well enough to warrant a Mega Man X book, if anything because I know it's in good hands, but I absolutely do want to see Mega Man keep growing strong!

I've seen the numbers; it got a tiny boost on the first issue of Dawn but then went back down. Considering it was advertised as "Mega Man meets X!" I'm not surprised.
Archdeco
BumbleFan

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!