Mega Man Headcanons

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man Headcanons

Postby lalalei2001 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:33 pm

What are your personal headcanons for the Mega Man franchise?

I only have 1, but it relates to the secret ending of ZXA, so I'll spoiler-tag it.

Spoiler: show
Master Thomas was smart about his plans and didn't alert the heroes that anything was up, so he succeeded in resetting the world and brought about the Legends era, a (mostly) peaceful place with no humans at all.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Re: Mega Man Headcanons

Postby LilacDownDeep » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:28 pm

I have too many headcanons to count and not enough time to write them all down.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:57 pm

What happened between classic and X
Spoiler: show
Wily goes to the future in Mega Man II GB, creates Rockman Shadow, kidnaps depowered rock, turns him into Quint, brings him back in time. Mega Man beats Quint, Dr. Light depowers him, Rockman shadow finds depowered quint and kills him, along with Proto Man and the other Robot Masters. Bored, Rockman Shadow goes back in time with the Dimensions (robots he built himself) in order to fight Mega Man at his prime to prove he is not just a copy. Mega Man defeats rockman shadow, Rockman shadow lives his life peacefully until Wily makes Rockman Shadow in the future and the new Rockman shadow destroys him along with Quint and the future Robot Masters.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby diamonddeath » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:39 pm

I don't think this really needs any spoiler tags, but I treat the style change between X and Zero as Zero getting another body or heavy modifications before actually giving up his body. After all, X got some modifications and got that long scarf thing in Command Mission, so it's pretty much hinted at that they all were upgraded a bit towards the end of the Maverick Wars and into the Elf Wars. That would mean X go an additional upgrade before becoming a Cyber Elf, since his body in Zero looked different, or at the very least Copy X did. As for Zero, though, it's the best way to explain his style change. In fact, all Reploids took on a newer style during the time skip, so since we're dealing with machines, it's easier to say they were all upgraded somehow.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:46 am

diamonddeath wrote:I don't think this really needs any spoiler tags, but I treat the style change between X and Zero as Zero getting another body or heavy modifications before actually giving up his body. After all, X got some modifications and got that long scarf thing in Command Mission, so it's pretty much hinted at that they all were upgraded a bit towards the end of the Maverick Wars and into the Elf Wars. That would mean X go an additional upgrade before becoming a Cyber Elf, since his body in Zero looked different, or at the very least Copy X did. As for Zero, though, it's the best way to explain his style change. In fact, all Reploids took on a newer style during the time skip, so since we're dealing with machines, it's easier to say they were all upgraded somehow.

Only thing I would counter about that is that I heard Command Mission was actually an alternate future to the Zero series. Forget where, I think maybe a developer quote?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby The Bored » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:24 pm

diamonddeath wrote:I don't think this really needs any spoiler tags, but I treat the style change between X and Zero as Zero getting another body or heavy modifications before actually giving up his body. After all, X got some modifications and got that long scarf thing in Command Mission, so it's pretty much hinted at that they all were upgraded a bit towards the end of the Maverick Wars and into the Elf Wars. That would mean X go an additional upgrade before becoming a Cyber Elf, since his body in Zero looked different, or at the very least Copy X did. As for Zero, though, it's the best way to explain his style change. In fact, all Reploids took on a newer style during the time skip, so since we're dealing with machines, it's easier to say they were all upgraded somehow.

I think most of that is actually cannon. I think Zero's redesign is because he had to be mostly rebuilt. When he's found all that's actually left is his head and part of his torso.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:05 pm

It's been stated both ways, as a matter of progression and as a change of style (which is bunk, but I digress). Not sure if it's mean to be both, though that would of course make the most sense.

Mavrickindigo wrote:Only thing I would counter about that is that I heard Command Mission was actually an alternate future to the Zero series. Forget where, I think maybe a developer quote?

Yeah, I think that came up only recently, which just makes me all the more fed up with trying to keep track of things. Developers so flippantly come up with this stuff from out of nowhere years down the line... ergh. Instead of building up the world more, it just makes me want to quit following it so closely.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:22 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:It's been stated both ways, as a matter of progression and as a change of style (which is bunk, but I digress). Not sure if it's mean to be both, though that would of course make the most sense.

Mavrickindigo wrote:Only thing I would counter about that is that I heard Command Mission was actually an alternate future to the Zero series. Forget where, I think maybe a developer quote?

Yeah, I think that came up only recently, which just makes me all the more fed up with trying to keep track of things. Developers so flippantly come up with this stuff from out of nowhere years down the line... ergh. Instead of building up the world more, it just makes me want to quit following it so closely.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

reminds me of the "hello kitty is not a cat" thing that happened a few months back
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:47 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:It's been stated both ways, as a matter of progression and as a change of style (which is bunk, but I digress). Not sure if it's mean to be both, though that would of course make the most sense.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

reminds me of the "hello kitty is not a cat" thing that happened a few months back

Kind of, but I think this is worse for its respective franchise overall.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Tcat » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:47 pm

Tcat headcanon: The real Spider's still out there and will return in Command Mission 2.

;-;

Also I kind of ignore the whole "didn't happen" thing, I figure it'd be fairly simple to plop a Zero clone in there without anyone knowing. One of the best Maverick Hunters just up and disappears? Uhm, people would probably start to freak out a little. Kind of like in the Halo franchise; Spartans never "die", they just go MIA to keep morality up.
At least here you can go and revive one of the Zero clones (or drop Zero's personality in a clone body?). I mean, we already know Zero wasn't in his original body at some point and Omega had the original...
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby HeinousActsZX » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:44 pm

This isn't so much headcanon as it is "override-real-actual-canon", but I've always felt that the X vs. Zero fight works so much better if Zero goes maverick. The canon story, where X and Zero get into a fight over what Lifesaver said is so weak, dramatically, and it lives so much to be desired.
Zero going maverick is such a better sendoff, especially since X5 was supposed to be the last. Zero finally becomes what Wily always intended him to be, and X has to destroy his friend to save the world, which was foreshadowed back in X2. I'm fine with the rest of the good ending playing out though (X beats the Virus out of him or true friendship or whatever. I'd buy it).
I also think that Aile and Vent and Ashe and Grey all exist in the same timeline, and assuming Vent and Ashe are the canon protagonists, there's some evidence in Advent for this.
HeinousActsZX
BumbleFan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:06 am

I refuse to believe that the black skinsuit bodies in ZX are actual skin like the developers say. That means that pantless Ashe is a bit HIGHLY questionable.

HeinousActsZX wrote:I also think that Aile and Vent and Ashe and Grey all exist in the same timeline, and assuming Vent and Ashe are the canon protagonists, there's some evidence in Advent for this.

Maybe not so much in ZX, but in ZX Advent it is hinted that one dies while the other lives if you chose the other's particular story. It would make less sense if they all lived, honestly. Makes it harder in a Mega Man RP trying to merge all of the timelines in one.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Tcat » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:27 am

That's one reason I kind of wish the ZX anime had gotten off the ground. I'd have liked to see what they would have done to explain how Vent and Aile co-existed. Plus the vid for it was awesome compared to what we got with Ryuusei :\
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:31 am

If memory serves, Vent and Aile do coexist. In the game, it's just that in one scenario, Vent went with Giro, while in the other, it was Aile.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby HeinousActsZX » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:48 am

LilacDownDeep wrote:I refuse to believe that the black skinsuit bodies in ZX are actual skin like the developers say. That means that pantless Ashe is a bit HIGHLY questionable.

I'm with you. Spandex suits are just an easier explanation, I don't know why they felt the need to make it dye or whatever.

LilacDownDeep wrote:
HeinousActsZX wrote:I also think that Aile and Vent and Ashe and Grey all exist in the same timeline, and assuming Vent and Ashe are the canon protagonists, there's some evidence in Advent for this.

Maybe not so much in ZX, but in ZX Advent it is hinted that one dies while the other lives if you chose the other's particular story. It would make less sense if they all lived, honestly. Makes it harder in a Mega Man RP trying to merge all of the timelines in one.

Playing through the Mysterious Lab level as Ashe hints that Grey still broke out and fought the giant mechanaloid, but that doesn't mean he necessarily died.
I'd rather if he survived and returned in a possible ZX3. Why, the descendant and clone of Master Albert could even have a misunderstanding and fight over it!
HeinousActsZX
BumbleFan

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!