Mega Man #45 The Ultimate Betrayal Part 1 Cover

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #45 The Ultimate Betrayal Part 1 Cover

Postby Tango the Hedgehog » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:01 pm

Has this issue not been released in stores yet? Just curious, as I purchased mine two weeks ago through Kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-CA/ebook/mega-man-45

I had been looking for the spoilers thread, but it seems that nobody else has the issue.
Tango the Hedgehog
BumbleFan

Postby EvilEddie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:21 pm

It isn't supposed to be out until next week, but it might be delayed since not even subscribers seem to have it yet.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:58 pm

Tango the Hedgehog wrote:Has this issue not been released in stores yet? Just curious, as I purchased mine two weeks ago through Kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-CA/ebook/mega-man-45

I had been looking for the spoilers thread, but it seems that nobody else has the issue.

it came out early through some retailer or another.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby EvilEddie » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:18 pm

Looks like the physical release has been delayed, at least one week.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Sunwalker » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:35 pm

EvilEddie wrote:Looks like the physical release has been delayed, at least one week.

It seems to be two weeks, if the release date is the same than the digital version. ComiXology says it is coming in February 4th.

It is odd, until a few days ago it said the release date would be today (January 21st)...
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby EvilEddie » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:05 pm

Even more odd since as previously stated you can get it right now on a few websites digitally.

I caved and bought it instead of waiting for physical release this month, good issue.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Tahtorak » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:52 pm

Someone posted the preview pages on the Mega Man Wiki

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man_ ... 29#Preview
Tahtorak
BumbleFan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:08 am

Tahtorak wrote:Someone posted the preview pages on the Mega Man Wiki

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man_ ... 29#Preview

Yeah, I saw those too. I wonder if Mega Man v. Proto Man is going to continue from this issue into the next one at Light Labs or possibly move-it'd be an interesting twist. The fact that Doc Robot seems to have the personalities of all the Mega Man 2 Master is an interesting idea.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicSoul » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:17 am

I so would love it if Mega Man called out on Break Man on being okay with attacking Light Labs and reminding him of his accidental attack on Roll. Have him ask around the lines of, "Do you hate Light so much that you're willing to kill him and destroy everything he worked hard to have?" Break Man of course wouldn't answer, but it could be the first seed of him questioning Wily's ethics and what would be the final straw in tolerating them,

Spoiler: show
(like maybe kidnapping Kalinka in the eventual MM4 arc)?

It's just really interesting how Blues/Break Man has been seen in this light so far. He's always been portrayed as the 'Racer X' type of character, a 'cool' mysterious, but helpful ally to the protagonist who seemed to have some baggage that makes him distant and stoic. Here, we're seeing that baggage. We're seeing this character still be in an angry but confused state of mind before he develops into that 'cool' guy who gains respect (and maybe a little care) for his little brother.
Last edited by SonicSoul on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:38 am

The Story looks really good.

The Art on the other hand. Okay first off Love Evan's Colors they really fit the tone no my problem is Ryan Odagawa. Something about his linework rubs me the wrong way it looks really Image Comics in a bad way. I dunno maybe going from POWREE to him is just jarring for me but something feels off here.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Tylinos » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:43 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:The Story looks really good.

The Art on the other hand. Okay first off Love Evan's Colors they really fit the tone no my problem is Ryan Odagawa. Something about his linework rubs me the wrong way it looks really Image Comics in a bad way. I dunno maybe going from POWREE to him is just jarring for me but something feels off here.

While I'm okay with how he drew most of the cast, I completely agree on Mega Man himself. He just looks...wrong, mostly with his head.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby Bean » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:28 am

Wound up getting this one yesterday. Really good writing and art in this one to me.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby Tylinos » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:47 pm

Bean wrote:Wound up getting this one yesterday. Really good writing and art in this one to me.

Same. Sticking by what I said before: Good art except for Mega Man himself. His face looked really weird most of the time.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby Penguin God » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Yeah, the writing really saved the issue as the art didn't exactly entice me. It reminded me of the Dreamwave Mega Man's art in some pretty bad ways.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:51 am

I also recieved this issue earlier than I usually do. This was a great issue filled with some great heart. I look forward to the discussion thread.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!