Mega Man #41 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #41 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby The KKM » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:57 pm

His thing was more, IIRC, that liviing solely out of coomic work was getting too tiring for him, so he went to animation where he'd be ablee to have stabler, comparatively-less-exhausting work to sustain himseelf

He keeps doing comics though because he likes it, I assume.

Sorry for repeated letterrs on this post, keyboard's gone nutters
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:29 am

Well, I got this issue and dang, this looks like it's going to be a even better arc than Blackout.

+The art is excellent
+The MM3 Robot Masters' personalities
+Roll being distrusting of Wily
+Wily's reactions where he clearly wants to snap out of anger but forces himself into check
+Mega Man and Rush's teamwork
+Seeing the set up of the Robot Masters' traps
+Top Man's reactions to the things that every Mega Man player does (Like just shooting at a enemy without dodging or using Rush to bypass annoying platforms)
+Wily constantly trying to make excuses for why he wants Rock to send things like the I.C Chips.

-No mention or showing of Blues going after the MM2 robot masters (It appears I could be right though since Wily clearly sent Proto-Man out so it's likely Proto-Man is hunting down the robot masters to gain their weapon data for Doc Robot)
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby Kellox » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:55 am

Toby wrote:If I remember correctly, Ben has retired from doing comic art.

That's not really true..
http://comments.deviantart.com/4/10323982/3581642229
Well, I was only ever a freelancer with Archie so I can't really "leave", they would either stop hiring me to do jobs or I would, for some crazy reason, stop agreeing to do the jobs. I'ts my personal hope to continue to freelance with the company for as long as I can but Archie himself has stated to me on numerous occasions that he thinks I've lost "it".
Kellox
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:34 pm

Kellox wrote:

That's not really true..
Well, I was only ever a freelancer with Archie so I can't really "leave", they would either stop hiring me to do jobs or I would, for some crazy reason, stop agreeing to do the jobs. I'ts my personal hope to continue to freelance with the company for as long as I can but Archie himself has stated to me on numerous occasions that he thinks I've lost "it".

Say what!?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Sockie » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:37 pm

Kellox wrote:

That's not really true..

What the heck?
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby SurrealBrain » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:48 pm

I don't think he lost it. I think Archie may have jumped the gun here.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby Sunwalker » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:08 pm

I smell some conflicting signals here. A few months ago Bates posted on his blog that he was moving out from the comic industry since he worked too much and that was unhealthy for him, so he got a job on an animation company (source). Now, unless I am misreading something from his comment, it seems that it was Archie's decision for he not drawing.

But not only his statement is vague and possibly conflicting, it also is just one side of the matter. So I would urge people to not jump into any conclusions nor make any judgements.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:28 pm

Sunwalker wrote:I smell some conflicting signals here. A few months ago Bates posted on his blog that he was moving out from the comic industry since he worked too much and that was unhealthy for him, so he got a job on an animation company (source). Now, unless I am misreading something from his comment, it seems that it was Archie's decision for he not drawing.

But not only his statement is vague and possibly conflicting, it also is just one side of the matter. So I would urge people to not jump into any conclusions nor make any judgements.

Best thing to do is email Mega Mail asking for more Ben Bates and see if that actually accomplishes anything
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby GentlemanX » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:18 pm

He also refers to Archie as a person rather than a company.

Bates has joked in comments before (see "Sally's a cyborg now"), my guess is this is the same thing. His message from September does mention him freelancing "for as long as I can", which could imply he's still in a position where he has time outside of the animation thing/hasn't started yet, or that he can continue to do covers but just doesn't have time for interiors anymore. His post in April does single out his "last comics" as stuff he did interiors for.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby Bean » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:48 pm

Got the issue after getting in contact with Archie about it not being shipped originally. I like how this arc looks like it's going to be more about the view from the robot masters' perspectives rather than Mega Man's. I swear, though, the Blue Bomber will always refuse healing up for even a moment which will once again lead to some problems down the road. You don't even have beginner's arrogance, a virus, or a time limit as an excuse this time, kiddo!
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!