Mega Man #41 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #41 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby jmmack99 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:34 pm

Mod Edit: Well, since it's apparently out there now, and this is already a thing...

Hi I'm James M, (15) and sort of new to Bumbleking.
I've been lurking in this area for 2 years.
Now is the time to reveal myself to the world including you guys. I just got Mega Man #41, the first part of the adaption to Mega Man 3 the game. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I just read it and it is FREAKING AWESOME!

Spoiler: show
The story begins with Mega Man and Rush flying into space and Rock is excited as he says, "GROUND CONTROL THIS IS MEGA MAN, THE LAUNCH IS A SUCCESS OH YEAH! What a RUSH!" Speaking of Rush, the robot dog is in outer space mode and he goes "BARK WOLF!"
Mega Man does laugh briefly and he says, "Yeah I get what you mean buddy, we're going after the missing asteroid."
Meanwhile in Light Labs back on Earth everyone including Roll, Auto, Dr. Light aaaaaand Dr. Wily are monitoring what Mega Man is doing.
Oh yeah, Dr. Wily is still at Light Labs and is still fooling everyone into thinking that he has reformed, I know what you guys are thinking, uh-oh. As a certain villain from a certain I.B film would say, "NEIN, NEIN, NEIN, NEIN, NEIN, NEIN."

That's the start of the story, I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say. YA, YA, YA, YA, YA!
jmmack99
BumbleNewbie

Re: MM #41 Legends of the Blue Bomber

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:52 pm

Welcome to BK. But there's something you need to know.

If you got the issue you should bump the Solicit thread and wait for a Discussion thread.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Re: Mega Man #41 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby squeakyboots13 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:11 pm

After two years of waiting, the Mega Man 3 arc finally begins.

I like all the little references in this issue including Auto telling Mega Man not to get stuck on the moon and Mega Man using Rush to fly past a row of floating platforms.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby Penguin God » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:47 pm

For the most part I really like the issue. I like the Robot Masters being treated with more power and fear, and I really like the personality conflicts they come up with, Snake Man shining in particular. The plot's simple, just starting but fun. I think my only nitpick is that Powree's great at art for expression and setting the scene, but her action is pretty underwhelming. The battles felt tense due to the writing, but the art was sort of fighting against any emotion or tension. It shows everything happening fine enough, but it's not dynamic at all.

Mega Man using Rush to skip the level was one of the most amusing bits, if only because I've always played like that with no remorse. If I can get out of a Mega Man platforming challenge, I take the chance immediately.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:53 am

Enjoyed the issue a lot. It's really cool seeing the fights from The Robot Masters perspective and I like how Mega Man in this legendary destroyer in their eyes.

I disagree with PG on POWREE's fight scenes I think they were really vibrant and energetic.

Only real complaint I have is that it directly contradicts #20. Rock has been to space before fighting Quint.

That aside I still really enjoyed the issue can't wait to read the rest.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby ShadowBat20 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:14 pm

Penguin God wrote:For the most part I really like the issue. I like the Robot Masters being treated with more power and fear, and I really like the personality conflicts they come up with, Snake Man shining in particular. The plot's simple, just starting but fun. I think my only nitpick is that Powree's great at art for expression and setting the scene, but her action is pretty underwhelming. The battles felt tense due to the writing, but the art was sort of fighting against any emotion or tension. It shows everything happening fine enough, but it's not dynamic at all.

Mega Man using Rush to skip the level was one of the most amusing bits, if only because I've always played like that with no remorse. If I can get out of a Mega Man platforming challenge, I take the chance immediately.

Ha, that's great! I've always done that as well. I love it when the comic has little things like that.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:14 pm

I liked how the issue just kinda glosses over the fact that they're in space. Just like the game, its the setting, but its not a big deal. But I'm glad its there, because that was important to me, and Ian had hinted last year (or was it two years now) that it would happen. So I'm glad

I'm also enjoying how its not really strictly adhering to how the game works. Using Rush with all his capabilities is interesting, though I was assuming that the reason Rush was injured in the issue preceding Dawn of X was because Mega Man would need to have him re-learn his abilities throughout this story, like in the game. Now I'm not quite sure why that happened (was it so he wasn't around for the Wily Walker fight?)

Also this style works much better for the game adaptations, though I'd doubt I'd want to see Mega Man 4 done like this.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Also is it me or was there a Futurama reference? Wily says "You Beg my Pardon" at one point.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Astrobot7000 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:23 am

This was a great issue! This has by far been the best game adaptation yet. My only complaint is that Mega Man is collecting the IC chips. I would rather the robot masters be destroyed entirely rather than rebuilt. Otherwise the cast will quickly become humungous, the robot masters will become surface-deep, and the inevitable question becomes "Why not just send 40 robot masters to destory him at once?"

Anyway, it was an awesome issue. For once I am really excited about a game arc.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:37 am

I like that they're collecting the IC Chips. I do hope that we aren't constantly getting references to them though, it's starting to get a bit heavy. We can just assume that they weren't broken usually.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:27 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:This was a great issue! This has by far been the best game adaptation yet. My only complaint is that Mega Man is collecting the IC chips. I would rather the robot masters be destroyed entirely rather than rebuilt. Otherwise the cast will quickly become humungous, the robot masters will become surface-deep, and the inevitable question becomes "Why not just send 40 robot masters to destory him at once?"

Given that many make recurring appearances, keeping the IC chips is kind of a must, unless we're going to start throwing the game material out the window now.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby lalalei2001 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:32 pm

IC Chips aren't in the games, though.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:41 pm

Regardless of whether IC chips are specifically mentioned in the game, they need the chips so that Wily can rebuild them for the climax like in every game.
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby Astrobot7000 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:45 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
Astrobot7000 wrote:This was a great issue! This has by far been the best game adaptation yet. My only complaint is that Mega Man is collecting the IC chips. I would rather the robot masters be destroyed entirely rather than rebuilt. Otherwise the cast will quickly become humungous, the robot masters will become surface-deep, and the inevitable question becomes "Why not just send 40 robot masters to destory him at once?"

Given that many make recurring appearances, keeping the IC chips is kind of a must, unless we're going to start throwing the game material out the window now.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

As far as I know, IC chips are not from the games. From what I can tell, the only thing stopping Wily from making 50 Quick Men to quickly destory Mega Man is his own flair for style. So really, if you are taking that argument, it doesn't really hold much ground.

Granted, I like the idea of IC Chips. I really do, but the robot masters that make reappearances are usually in the game boy games right? The comic could easily just gloss over those, considering they are just cheap re-hases of the NES titles, except for one of them. The comic won't do that though. All I am saying is that it could. The IC chips do not have to be be-all-end-all here. I guess I just want to keep the robot master cast down. Once they are gone, they are gone. Otherwise it become a mess very quickly.

But hey, that's just me.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:11 pm

The only times I can think of RMs reappearing outside boss rushes are the Game Boy games, Mega Man & Bass with 4 MM8 bots, and the fighting/racing/soccer games.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!