Mega Man #40 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #40 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Sunwalker » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:33 pm

diamonddeath wrote:Finally read this, and I loved it! Ian, I love what you're doing with Mega Man! Keep it up! I do still have the same question, though- Why couldn't Dr. Wily use the Wily Walker in his previous conquests? Was it unsafe for humans to enter that area or something? Even still, he could have had his Robot Masters obtain it for him.

Spoiler: show
Possibly Wily cannot control it himself.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby diamonddeath » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:25 am

So, has anyone else noticed the talk of the asteroids and something taking over? It probably has to do with Mega Man 3 taking place in space (I think?), but I was also wondering if it has to do with Sun Star (is that his name?) at all. Maybe the next adaptation will be Mega Man V.

I'm also curious as to what the abbreviations stood for in the conversation between Wily and Mega Man when Mega Man was messing around with the Wily Walker's circuits.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:13 am

diamonddeath wrote:Finally read this, and I loved it! Ian, I love what you're doing with Mega Man! Keep it up! I do still have the same question, though- Why couldn't Dr. Wily use the Wily Walker in his previous conquests? Was it unsafe for humans to enter that area or something? Even still, he could have had his Robot Masters obtain it for him.

Wily gets bored with and abandons or forgets projects sometimes. He's very bad at planning out his day, even when he's doing mastermind schemes. The plot for Mega Man and Bass 2 shows this off to its most extreme.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:54 pm

diamonddeath wrote:So, has anyone else noticed the talk of the asteroids and something taking over? It probably has to do with Mega Man 3 taking place in space (I think?), but I was also wondering if it has to do with Sun Star (is that his name?) at all. Maybe the next adaptation will be Mega Man V.

Might be setting up for space travel in the MM3 arc (and maybe much later for Star Man to take over an abandoned space station). I dunno if you played the game or not but MM3 takes place in space on mining planets.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby diamonddeath » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:36 am

LilacDownDeep wrote:
diamonddeath wrote:So, has anyone else noticed the talk of the asteroids and something taking over? It probably has to do with Mega Man 3 taking place in space (I think?), but I was also wondering if it has to do with Sun Star (is that his name?) at all. Maybe the next adaptation will be Mega Man V.

Might be setting up for space travel in the MM3 arc (and maybe much later for Star Man to take over an abandoned space station). I dunno if you played the game or not but MM3 takes place in space on mining planets.

Yeah, I have. It's just been a while so I couldn't remember the details. I feel like it's the perfect way to set up Mega Man V, but I can't remember the game chronology.

After checking the chronology, it's interesting to note that Mega Man 4 takes place a year after Mega Man 3, and there are large time gaps between the other games as well. I'm not sure if Ian will follow it, though, since Mega Man 2 took place a year and two weeks after Mega Man 1.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby LilacDownDeep » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Speaking on a random note, am I the only one who is terrified of bat&^%* crazy Xander Payne?
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Sonicpolo » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:00 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:Speaking on a random note, am I the only one who is terrified of bat&^%* crazy Xander Payne?

Not as scared as the prisoner who has to share a cell with him. I'm surprised officers aren't trying to take that shiv away from him. It looks like Mega City's prison is too lax. No wonder Dr. Wily escaped many times.
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Finally got my Mega Man #40. Why the @#$% is it $4.00?!? Why the price increase?!? #%^*¥€¥~!!!

Pharoah Man with no helmet! Bright Man gets weaponized on the fly! Gosh, Light is so lax. No equipment to safely dispose of the spider, my butt (haha). That time doctor really, really should have been Time Man, c'mon. And Xander doesn't deserve that splash page, of all people, ugh. Vile needed more comeuppance, unless the deaths weren't really deaths.

Btw, I didn't know that Mega Man had to travel to different planets for game 3. Didn't he get a Rush Space mode in the Gameboy games?
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby Penguin God » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:16 pm

Time Man works for the institute, but he's not a scientist. Robot Masters aren't researchers or inventors just yet.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Astrobot7000 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:41 am

Personally, I am excited to see where this side story with Xander Payne goes. I have said since their appearance that the Emerald Spears are one of the best things this comic has done. Whether you like them or not, they expand his villains list and flesh out the world. Without them, it would just be the same Wily plot over and over. The comic would become stale and flat. That can work for a series of games, but not a monthly comic with serialized story telling. So even if you hate the Emerald Spears (although I really enjoy them), try to appreciate what they offer to the lore of the book.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby FoxsDumbSeriesMaker » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:53 pm

This was a great conclusion! Not sure what to think of yet another "Genesis Wave" crossover so soon, but I'm sure it'll be interesting like the last one. It would be nice if the comic characters were involved this time. Also, Pharaoh Man looks really weird without his helmet!
FoxsDumbSeriesMaker
BumbleCitizen

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:12 am

On the Xander Payne thing I honestly kind of hope if there is another Sonic/Mega Man crossover he's involved somehow. Because otherwise him seeing Sonic and considering him important enough to be a key to "Saving the future" doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Axel T Rat » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:10 pm

Well let's see about this one.

+Sigma in action along with various sinister foreshadowing.
+Neat to see Pharaoh Man without his helmet.
+Some pretty neat fan art.
+"You mean whenever. Whatever." Heh. : P

=Almost forgot X was still a civilian at this point.
=Another Sonic cameo? Whatever could it mean? O.O Also I noticed that those top symbols are particularly "Mobius" strips. Even further Sonic hinting?
=Well not really a Classic/X crossover as we thought it'd be. More of a "cross through" really. Not what I wanted, but still interesting.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby Zack_GLC » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:11 am

So, $3.99? Really? I mean, I noticed the cover is way better quality, really thick. Also, there is one extra page of comic. But a whole extra dollar? Is that what it's gonna be for all the series now? Cuz my comic shop is getting STH and SU on the same day next week, and with the variants, that's gonna come to $15.96 plus tax???? That's insane. Please tell me this isn't going to be the norm for everything. With Sonic Boom coming, it just seems too much.

But other than that, awesome issue. Loved seeing Sonic at the end.
Zack_GLC
BumbleNoble

Postby Bean » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:33 am

One thing I didn't notice previously was Bright Man apologizing for using Pharaoh Man's weakness after the fight was over. It's those little things that make these comics fun to go back over.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!