Mega Man #42 Preview

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #42 Preview

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:55 am

Who said anything about destroying them? If MM2 masters were still under his control then why would Break Man need to track them down? Break Man could easily just have a copy chip from Doc Robot that he can use to take the powers of the MM2 Robot Masters. Back in Issue 36, Wily confirmed that the new robot created was to test robot masters but was planning to use it's copy abilities against Mega Man. So that would mean the robot would need it's own copy chip.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:24 am

Break Man could just be planning to use the weapon data to take out Mega Man himself.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:34 am

But how? Wasn't Mega Man the first robot to have the abilities of the copy chip and I doubt Proto Man could just waltz straight into Dr.Light's lab and steal a copy chip. On top of that, Wily would still need to copy the abilities of the robots into Doc Robot which the masters might not be willing to just give away their powers. It just seems to me that it would make more sense that Proto Man was sent out to copy the powers of the robot masters on the orders of Wily to give Doc Robot his powers. Maybe then when Doc Robot is beaten, Wily commands Proto Man to destroy his brother as a last resort to hold him off before using Gamma.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby RadRed89 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:33 am

Considering how many times Dr. Light's Lab has been broken into in this series so far, I REALLY don't think Proto Man would have trouble getting in to steal a copy chip, were that to be what's happening.

Seriously, Dr. Wily just STROLLED in to take the MM1 RM's. Then Time Man and Oil Man kidnap Roll right on the front lawn with no problems. Then Blues just climbed onto the top of the lab to look in on Rock and everyone else with no proximity alerts going off. Then Quick Man broke in at the start of MM2. THEN Flash Man did the same thing just a few issues ago.

If we've learned one thing about Dr. Light, it's that he's HORRIBLE at securing his lab. The fact that he doesn't have some kind of security system in place by now is a little mind boggling.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:40 am

Ok fair point actually but Doc Robot needing weapon data just fits far too well as to be the reason why Proto Man is tracking down the robots. Mega Man 3 has Doc Robot using all 8 weapons from the MM2 Robot Masters. So it just seems to be the most likely answer, especially since Proto Man would have no way of actually using the copy chip unless Wily actually went and deconstructed him and put the chip in which considering Proto Man's fear to being reprogrammed, I very much doubt he'd allow Wily to do it.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:40 am

Robot Masters can't disobey. If Wily asked for their weapon data, they'd have to give it. Also they wouldn't need to give up their abilities with how copy chips work. This is all hinging on an assumption that Break Man is acting under Wily's orders though. It's a mystery.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:50 am

Sure but what would be the point of Proto Man collecting the weapon data on his own accord? He has no way of using it. Mega Man's only way of using abilities is through the copy chip. Same way with Doc Robot as the best way to test robot masters is using a copy chip to gain their abilities. Proto Man has no way of making use of the chip. It was shown in Issue 1 that Rock himself had to be completely deconstructed in order to have the copy chip. Proto Man has a fear of being deconstructed because he worries his personality will be changed or completely disabled. So Proto Man himself would have no way at all to use the chip.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:45 am

Ryannumber1gamer wrote:But how? Wasn't Mega Man the first robot to have the abilities of the copy chip and I doubt Proto Man could just waltz straight into Dr.Light's lab and steal a copy chip. On top of that, Wily would still need to copy the abilities of the robots into Doc Robot which the masters might not be willing to just give away their powers. It just seems to me that it would make more sense that Proto Man was sent out to copy the powers of the robot masters on the orders of Wily to give Doc Robot his powers. Maybe then when Doc Robot is beaten, Wily commands Proto Man to destroy his brother as a last resort to hold him off before using Gamma.

Ryannumber1gamer wrote:Sure but what would be the point of Proto Man collecting the weapon data on his own accord? He has no way of using it. Mega Man's only way of using abilities is through the copy chip. Same way with Doc Robot as the best way to test robot masters is using a copy chip to gain their abilities. Proto Man has no way of making use of the chip. It was shown in Issue 1 that Rock himself had to be completely deconstructed in order to have the copy chip. Proto Man has a fear of being deconstructed because he worries his personality will be changed or completely disabled. So Proto Man himself would have no way at all to use the chip.

For all we know, Wily refit him with one at some point. In the games, he has even less reason to-- just pops up one day and is like "'sup, bro?" and starts fighting and copying things.

As for deconstruction, don't forget that Wily fixed Blues when he was zapped out by the EMP, and this is after he had full, unrestricted access to all of Mega Man's systems, and we do know that at some point, Proto Man begins using weapons.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:14 am

That would explain useage of the copy chip. I missed Spirtius Ex Machina where Proto Man was found and repaired by Wily so I didn't know the exact details. I just thought Wily had installed a new energy supply while Proto Man was knocked out.

Although that is a interesting question. When Wily had completely deconstructed Proto Man, why didn't he install something to force him to obey Wily's commands without question? Wily even states back in Worlds Collide that Proto Man was even uncooperative as Break Man. So why didn't Wily just install the virus he installed into Mega Man back in Return of Dr.Wily and just assume full control of Proto Man instead of letting him disobey and act on his own accord?
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicSoul » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:02 pm

It probably wasn't one whole virus program, but strains of malware that could form one virus as long as each strain was properly downloaded into Rock's system, which happened via implementing each strain into each MM2 Robot Master, because Wily knew Mega Man would try using his copy chip by touch.

Plus, if Wily ever had a virus that would make his robots willingly obey every command, then we'd never have Ballade, Bass, or even King turn against him at all.

EDIT: Though the "brainwashing level" from MM&B used on King probably exempts this.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby TheMajinV » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:38 pm

As far as the comic's storyline - and game canon - have shown, Blues is only with Doctor Wily during the events of Mega Man 3 as repayment for a debt. While the "Break Man" persona is the result of Blues feeling betrayed by Doctor Light and his anger towards him, in reality he has a very strong sense of justice and is a man (bot) of his word. I could even see his reasons for hunting down the Mega Man 2 RM's to be hidden from Wily. If Blues begins to have a change of heart early enough, I could totally see him killing off the RM's as a way to help out Rock and to ensure that Wily doesn't have a fallback - should his new RM's and Doc Robot should fail.
TheMajinV
BumbleNewbie

Postby ChaosJam » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:07 am

Bump for an article from CBR about the Mega Man, StH and SU variants. Includes a page from each issue!
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55767
ChaosJam
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:44 am

What the HEEEEEEEECK!?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SonicSoul » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:04 pm

Spoiler: show
So I take it Shadow Man somehow knows or is connected to Duo and his evil counterpart in this iteration?

Interesting.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:36 pm

SonicSoul wrote:
So I take it Shadow Man somehow knows or is connected to Duo and his evil counterpart in this iteration?

Interesting.

That's not Duo. ;)
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!