Mega Man #42 Preview

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #42 Preview

Postby Tylinos » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:13 pm

The battle rages on! Based on the legendary game Mega Man 3 comes 'Legends of the Blue Bomber,' Part Two. We've seen Mega Man battle Robot Masters before, but now see the fight unfold from the perspectives of the villainous robot adversaries themselves! Shadow Man recalls his humble beginnings and how they brought him to his deadly duel with Mega Man! Gemini Man is ready to ambush our hero with his hologram copies! But while the battle rages on, Break Man is behind the scenes on a mission of his... own - why is he hunting down Dr. Wily's first set of Robot Masters? Featuring all-new cover art from Patrick 'SPAZ' Spaziante, and part 2 of a 3-part connecting 'SUPER SMASH' collector cover set!

The other two Smash covers can be seen in the Sonic solicits.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.a ... VR_1369249
http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.a ... H+_1369250
Last edited by Tylinos on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Re: Mega Man #42 Preview

Postby Penguin God » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:45 pm

This looks great, and the robot master boss battles seem really personal this time around. That's very interesting!
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:54 pm

Break Man going after the Mega Man 2 Masters? Interesting...even more than the fact that we've got a Super Smash Bros. cover spread going on.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:13 pm

Could it be possible that Proto Man is either collecting their weapon data for Wily or attempting to recruit them back into Wily's side?
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicWindAttack » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:24 pm

Huh, for some reason I thought Shadow Man would be the last Robot Master Mega Man was going to fight. Oh well, I'm sure it'll still be an epic duel. :D
SonicWindAttack
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:23 pm

I hate to be weird about this, but links to the Midtown Comics pages you're hotlinking the covers from is probably the least you could do (as hotlinking is generally frowned upon). ;P

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Tylinos » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:11 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I hate to be weird about this, but links to the Midtown Comics pages you're hotlinking the covers from is probably the least you could do (as hotlinking is generally frowned upon). ;P

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Crap, sorry about that. Don't even know what I was thinking there, since I included the Midtown Comic links in my post in the Sonic thread. Edited my post to include them.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:53 pm

So why doesn't the "Super Smash" variant actually use his Super Smash design?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Sonicpolo » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:19 pm

I love Spaz's cover work but Shadow Man's face in the cover is creepy in a artistic way. Atleast we'll get more clarification on his origins this issue.
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby Tylinos » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:21 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:So why doesn't the "Super Smash" variant actually use his Super Smash design?

Rafa Knight probably made their own model for the art.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby The KKM » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:So why doesn't the "Super Smash" variant actually use his Super Smash design?

Because the comics don't and because this is just a nod, not an actual SSB variant (as shown by Shadow).
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby N'egga Man » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:05 am

The KKM wrote:

Because the comics don't and because this is just a nod, not an actual SSB variant (as shown by Shadow).

Well, Shadow is in the game as an Assist Trophy, so it makes sense that they chose him for the variant. But I digress. I like the idea of seeing the fight(s) from the enemy perspective, especially since this may be Shadow Man's final fight. But the part that intrigues me most about this preview is Break Man hunting down the 'first set' of Wily's Robot Masters. I suppose this could be the explanation as to why the Mega Man 2 Robot Masters don't fight Mega Man in the game (well, aside from that one robot using their abilities, but I still don't know how that'll work), but it might also show how and why Break Man later becomes the Proto Man we know nowadays.
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

Postby Kellox » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:08 am

Those are some awesome looking covers!
Kellox
BumbleCitizen

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:42 am

Well hello there Shadow Man, you have a mighty fine creep face going on there. Hope you don't do anything horrible to us in our sleep... *shudder*
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Damo » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:21 am

Nintendo came up with that design. As cool as it is, there's a chance Capcom isn't a fan due to it being made by someone else. Quite likely that Archie just didn't feel like doing a whole cover with that design when there was a chance Capcom would turn around and say "No use the look WE came up with".
Damo
BumbleKnight

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!