Mega Man #39 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #39 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:10 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:
Axel T Rat wrote:-Seems to be sorta ambiguous and vague whether Vile had any of a body count. Kinda reminds me of an anime dub trying to hard to be kid-friendly.

Not to get on a rant, but I really don't think it's like an anime dub trying to censor. Since Archie comics are completely original and not adapted, there's no photoshopping or cutting to remove gore. I mean, I don't think any of us would want to see a human's crushed remains from an explosion and that wouldn't sit well with Capcom at all, so I think Ian and the artists did enough with showing some of the injured humans, especially with the shadows. There could be more, but it's still enough without making it too blatant or grimdark.

I don't mean to rain on your parade though since it IS your opinion, I just wanted to express mine as well regarding censoring.

The main concern is that it was awkward how X said "Vile MIGHT have killed someone" over and over, even after seeing the obvious body
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Re: Mega Man #39 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:47 pm

What does it mean for Vile to have killed someone now? It'd be considered accident so is he already labelled a Maverick?

(with all the 'might' stuff, I wasn't actually sure that any human died. The upside down body might be a reploid driver)

I like Vile and Sigma came off as pretty awesome.

Xander bounced back into the time stream? Kinda thought he'd be stuck in the future. Doesn't mean he'll end up on the present tho. He could end up in the past. Cool if Time Man has to retrieve him in an adventure.

Love that Cossack got semi tricked into weaponing the Cossack numbers. He could have replied that Pharoah's flame thrower is an illuminating or sterilizing agent, haha.
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!