Mega Man #39 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #39 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby SonicSoul » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:57 pm

I thought it was more of a reference that bolts are (or will be) used as currency to buy upgrades or items in later MM games.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Astrobot7000 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:43 am

As much as I like this arc, and I do like it, I am happy there is only one issue left in it. It's time for the Mega Man 3 arc, it's ridiculously overdue at this point. :(hearty laughter):
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:04 pm

I don't mind a slower pacing. It's not like we're getting new games in the meantime, so if Ian speeds through them, there won't be any left.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Ochan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:13 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I don't mind a slower pacing. It's not like we're getting new games in the meantime, so if Ian speeds through them, there won't be any left.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Well in all honesty after the Megaman 2 arc we had:
Issue 13-16: Spiritus Ex Machina- Needed to build a lot of the foundations for many of the storylines in the comic
Issue 17-18: Prototype- Protoman's back story
Issue 19-22: Rock of Ages- World building Filler, outside of the teases in Rock of Ages it did fill they were buying time here.
Issue 24-27: Worlds Collide Crossover
Issue 23, 28-35: Ra Moon Arc- Necessary to set up Mega Man 3 and Wily's redemption also adapted Super Adventure Rockman
Issue 37-40: Dawn of X- Pretty much Megaman X tease
Issue 36- Setup for Megaman 3

So yeah, we've had a few detours but the book is richer for it and Megaman's world has much more depth. I do think it's best if we get the ball rolling on Megaman 4 right after this adaptation just to make the story flow better.
Ochan
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:52 pm

Ochan wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I don't mind a slower pacing. It's not like we're getting new games in the meantime, so if Ian speeds through them, there won't be any left.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Well in all honesty after the Megaman 2 arc we had:
Issue 13-16: Spiritus Ex Machina- Needed to build a lot of the foundations for many of the storylines in the comic
Issue 17-18: Prototype- Protoman's back story
Issue 19-22: Rock of Ages- World building Filler, outside of the teases in Rock of Ages it did fill they were buying time here.
Issue 24-27: Worlds Collide Crossover
Issue 23, 28-35: Ra Moon Arc- Necessary to set up Mega Man 3 and Wily's redemption also adapted Super Adventure Rockman
Issue 37-40: Dawn of X- Pretty much Megaman X tease
Issue 36- Setup for Megaman 3

So yeah, we've had a few detours but the book is richer for it and Megaman's world has much more depth. I do think it's best if we get the ball rolling on Megaman 4 right after this adaptation just to make the story flow better.

if we kept it "Game adaptation, original arc, game adaptation, original arc, I wouldn't be upset
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Frontier » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:02 pm

Yeah, while an original arc after the MM3 adaption is likely and probably needed, I hope the gap to MM4 isn't as long especially since we're already getting set-up for it. Though I could see Ian fitting in adaptions of the Game Boy installments inbetween original arcs and main games to spread them out... but at the same time, it's kind of daunting how many issues we might have until Bass properly shows up in the present timeline even if he does show up before the MM7 adaption.
Frontier
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:26 am

Sonic Wind wrote:Yeah, while an original arc after the MM3 adaption is likely and probably needed, I hope the gap to MM4 isn't as long especially since we're already getting set-up for it. Though I could see Ian fitting in adaptions of the Game Boy installments inbetween original arcs and main games to spread them out... but at the same time, it's kind of daunting how many issues we might have until Bass properly shows up in the present timeline even if he does show up before the MM7 adaption.

Well we were setting up Ra Moon back in "Spiritus Ex Machina" and he was there from around issue 13-14 and was sitting around until issue 28 to make his move, usually either appearing or being mentioned., so its not like Archie hasn't introduced a concept for an upcoming story, then sat on it, referencing it for awhile before it actually begins
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SonicSoul » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:56 am

Not to mention introducing characters before tackling their debut game. We got Auto during the MM2 arc long before he became reoccurring in MM7, and were introduced to Cossack and Kalinka before even touching MM3.

Though regarding what Sonic Wind said about Bass, I don't care when or how he'll show up. If he's one of those characters that can't be used right away and has to wait for his debut game adaptation, then fine. I can wait.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:01 am

Are you guy's in some kind of rush?

I really don't get what the problem is with the gap between games.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:15 am

The only way Bass can come in early is if he shows up first before the MM7 arc to help Mega Man out and help him out in a few things before finally betraying him after Mega Man beats the first 4 MM7 robot masters.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:18 am

Well, we don't know WHEN Bass was made. At the end of MM6 Wily goes to jail, and since I doubt prison would have a robotics shop, Bass would have to have been created during or before 6 at the earliest.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicSoul » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:40 am

Spoiler: show
Maybe there'll be a reoccurring plot point that involves Wily personally observing Mega Man's data based on their battles with each other and looking for ways where it can be exceeded and thus leading him to unknowingly create and discover bassnium.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:37 am

Plus, I don't think Ian would want to use Ariga's idea of Bass being around even during the Dark Man incidents. At the least it would have to be during the Mr. X incidents that Bass would be built. Same with his 8 Robot Masters from MM7, after all he stole the MM6 robots so he's probably got plenty of time to built/steal them.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Axel T Rat » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:26 pm

Well let's see.

+Sorta interesting how he Walker recognizes Zero as a Wily model.
+More forshadowing with Cossack. Geez, this series has foreshadowing up the wazoo.
+Zero, Vile, and even Sigma getting some action.
+Like the little touches with the video game style cover.
+Even though its just Off-Panel, its cool to see Velgauder.

=Interesting to see Xander's reaction to the future, but gotta admit all that fanatical shouting gets old after a minute.

-Seems to be sorta ambiguous and vague whether Vile had any of a body count. Kinda reminds me of an anime dub trying to hard to be kid-friendly.
-Yup. Sorta looking doubtful that Rock and X will actually meet.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:25 pm

Axel T Rat wrote:-Seems to be sorta ambiguous and vague whether Vile had any of a body count. Kinda reminds me of an anime dub trying to hard to be kid-friendly.

Not to get on a rant, but I really don't think it's like an anime dub trying to censor. Since Archie comics are completely original and not adapted, there's no photoshopping or cutting to remove gore. I mean, I don't think any of us would want to see a human's crushed remains from an explosion and that wouldn't sit well with Capcom at all, so I think Ian and the artists did enough with showing some of the injured humans, especially with the shadows. There could be more, but it's still enough without making it too blatant or grimdark.

I don't mean to rain on your parade though since it IS your opinion, I just wanted to express mine as well regarding censoring.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!